zooloo75

Fire-Fight Improvement System

Evasive maneuvers makes it impossible for me to not want to load this mod even if it's not currently being supported. If you ever come back -one thing I'd love to see is the occasional forward charge (with possibly lateral movement as well) in CQB. The most noticeable time I feel this is lacking is when your shot behind a wall, start healing with a miracle FAK but the enemy doesn't come in for the kill.

Anyways, good luck at college!

Love this mod despite the fact that it's quite buggy, I'm always hoping somebody would take it over and at least fix the bugs. If I knew anything about scripting then I would try it myself.

Hi everyone, I'm currently in college and unfortunately do not have time to roll out updates any more. As usual, this mod is open source and I give everyone permission to modify it and release it under the same CC as long as I receive credit. You can even apply updates to it and post them in this thread if you like! I'd like to thank everyone on the BIS forums for the great experience and friendships I have made here! Good luck with the modding scene!

A tragedy - this is a fantastic mod. I hope you have time to pick this back up once you are sorted in college - heck I find time to make missions and play Arma and I work for an investment bank and have a fiancee!

A tragedy - this is a fantastic mod. I hope you have time to pick this back up once you are sorted in college - heck I find time to make missions and play Arma and I work for an investment bank and have a fiancee!

Wow....now thats saying something :D

Can someone update this to remove the panic feature or is there a way to disable it myself?

Its breaks pretty much every mission out there. No matter what, even if we approach and ambush an enemy ourselves, 10 minutes into a mission I garuntee lose almost 75% of my entire squad due to "panicking" and I can never get them back. Its quite frankly absurd and not a very well thought out mechanic. I don't want to get rid of the mod though because its such an awesome mod otherwise!

Panicking would be a cool feature IF it only happened when:

1. You were fired on first by surprise

2. Your engagement time lasted a while

3. Your enemy engagement was against overwhelming odds

4. If it happened less frequently or was only an intermittant thing (i.e. somoene panics for 30 seconds but after that they are back to normal)

5. If it didn't happen when healthy allies were in very close proximity

6. If after a firefight (lack of friendly or enemy fire after maybe a minute or two) things returned to normal.

7. If it didn't happen to specialized units like SF or units that are not rookie level

Then it would be perfectly. It seems as if though right now, none of that is in - once a unit panics they are gone forever and all it takes is any random conflict for a high chance for one of your allies to become "permanently panicked". Panicking should almost NEVER happen between equal size forces when everyone in the squad is alive and working together.

EDIT: Doh! I just read the thing about user config :P

Still though, panic feature is cool! If someone ever takes reigns it would be awesome to fix or expand on it.

Edited by KorJaxico

This mod really should only apply to guerrilla forces. The whole panicky, fearful thing just doesn't make sense for OPFOR or BLUFOR. Maybe it should be directly tied to skill level. That's how to improve this mod. Maybe I or someone else will do that.

Edited by antoineflemming

This mod really should only apply to guerrilla forces. The whole panicky, fearful thing just doesn't make sense for OPFOR or BLUFOR. Maybe it should be directly tied to skill level. That's how to improve this mod. Maybe I or someone else will do that.

If you have the skills I say go for it.

So the panic feature happens for me whether or not I have it disabled, it's fucking annoying, that's the one fix I'd want with this mod, and I'd always use it as is! AntoineFlemming, I love your mods, and since this mod is open source, I'd love to see you take it over!

So the panic feature happens for me whether or not I have it disabled, it's fucking annoying, that's the one fix I'd want with this mod, and I'd always use it as is! AntoineFlemming, I love your mods, and since this mod is open source, I'd love to see you take it over!

Same, it happens no matter what. Sad because everything about this mod is awesome except for panicking :(

Looks like I'll just have to uninstall it for now if I want missions that don't break...

If you have the skills I say go for it.

Yeah, key word - skills. I'd have to sit down and figure out how to tie it to skill level. Unfortunately, I don't have the time now to focus on it, but It's definitely a consideration of mine.

Same, it happens no matter what. Sad because everything about this mod is awesome except for panicking :(

Looks like I'll just have to uninstall it for now if I want missions that don't break...

Does anyone have enough skills to explain how we can just DELETE the panic function out of the script?

When you say panic mode do you mean when you lose total control of a unit and no longer see the icon?

When you say panic mode do you mean when you lose total control of a unit and no longer see the icon?

Yes exactly that. I mean everything on this mod functions fine, we just need to delete that section out of the scripts. Can somebody explain how we go about doing that? or can somebody release an updated version of the mod that does exactly that? Thank you.

That hasn't happened to me since I set it to False in the .hpp file some time ago

That hasn't happened to me since I set it to False in the .hpp file some time ago

I did that, and it's still an ongoing problem

The thing with this mod is like it's mission specific for some missions it's not a problem, on others it happens immediately, does any scripter have the time or the inclination to provide a fix? Or an explanation of how we can fix it ourselves?

Does anyone know how to remove all content of the mod but keep the AI's ability to use smoke grenades?

Does anyone know how to remove all content of the mod but keep the AI's ability to use smoke grenades?

TPW mos already cause AI to use smoke grenades.

After I get into a firefight as a squad member of an AI group, I suddenly become the Team Leader, resulting in non-functional waypoints. Is this supposed to happen? Why does this happen?

The mod isn't really functional anymore, Bogaty

Well actually this has to do with the core functionality of the mod - although its one of the main problems with it as well. The idea is that units de-group from their group when they panic so they won't follow orders. They should eventually de-panic and regroup, and the original group leader will re-assume the group leader role (this is just how Arma is designed in regards to the rank system).

However, I'm not convinced that the panic functionality is implemented in a way that will prevent game-breaking situations.