zooloo75

Fire-Fight Improvement System

Thanks, can't wait to see the vid! I've noticed that mortars need to be placed at a certain distance to provide accurate fire, unfortunately IDK what distance, I did however find that they can in fact hit their targets with good accuracy once the proper distance was supplied.

Ah, that might it explain it then. I just stuck some mortar units 1 kilo away on a hill somewhere and hoped for the best. Videos uploading now, I'll post it once it's finished.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

Mind the poor framerate for the first minute or so, Dxtory playing it's old tricks again.

Times worth mentioning

Mortars - 1:30

AI Flanking/Falling back - 3:30

Slow AI reaction time along with a ghost - 6:30 (might be something to work on in the future?)

Along with various parts of the video of AI trying to evade fire.

Hope this helps.

McDiddles, what map are you on in that video, just curious... :)

-Raps

Koplic or Wamako I would think.. That's if its an A3 terrain. (which looking at it again, doesn't look A3 more A2 and there's so many it could be:confused:)

Anybody else having issues with the AI not responding to move orders or formation, even when the LOSECOMMAND feature is set to false?

Just tested this is happening if a soldier is injured for example and after he is healed he is stuck in place and won't move.

Edited by Jblack9

In the first post it says the mod as been updated to add functionality to vehicles. With this mod, infantry in the back of an APC will jump out when taking small arms fire. Is this intended behavior?

If there are empty vehicule on the ground, no script exist with the possibility to had to AI to take control of that ? if they see a tank, or other or want to move quickly ?

Edited by GranolaBar

Hi. Great mod, makes the fighting much more realistic. Tried it yesterday with UPSMON and it was quite realistic. Great job!

I noticed some things though:

1) This has already been reported, but I can confirm that player starts autofiring if he carries a LMG.

2) I drove an MRAP under fire but no damage, suddenly the gunner leaves the vehicle and throws smoke ;) Fun, I don't know if that behaviour is caused by the desire to throw smoke or the waypoint generation.

3) The bunnyhops look quite silly, and no real soldier would ever do that IRL. He'd be busy scrambling for cover. But I guess this can be turned off via the disable evasiveanimations in the userconfig, if so it's perfect.

4) Modern soldiers are trained to fire bursts, not squeezing the trigger. I know this has been discussed, but in my opinion the long LMG salvos are not realistic, compared to shorter bursts. Also to minimize recoil and extend barrel life.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: also noticed that units controlled through high command never return to players command, even after all enemies are gone. Maybe the loss of control could be disabled for HC?

Edited by malkekoen

Sorry for the offtopic OP :)

Might have to edit the unit layouts but everything should be in working order. Markers cause a shit ton of script errors though so I suggest turning them off while testing.

Thanks a bunch will check it out.

For markers make sure you've changed all "Dot" to "mil_dot" in DAC_Config_Marker

I have DAC working for object generation if you're interested fire me a PM... also check this thread out for more DAC config resources:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?100617-Dac-custom-config-resource/page8

Edited by SavageCDN

Would be nice that if you loose team members in a firefight they will come back under control after the fight

Hi everyone, I'm currently in college and unfortunately do not have time to roll out updates any more. As usual, this mod is open source and I give everyone permission to modify it and release it under the same CC as long as I receive credit. You can even apply updates to it and post them in this thread if you like! I'd like to thank everyone on the BIS forums for the great experience and friendships I have made here! Good luck with the modding scene!

Thanks again for this zooloo75 and good luck in college

Take it easy

Good luck in college mate! I am sure this mod inspired other AI modders as well.

It would be nice to have the AI squad teamleader asking for fire mission with some dialoque in the radio set to it.

Also first artillery round should be shot to "calibrate" the fire mission and to make sure and confirm if any tweaking is needed. Then bursts could go on.

Anyway really great mod but I would get rid of "bunnyhoping" animation though. Just my suggestions :cool:

Fantastic addon! Completely changed my Arma3 experience.

What I think is still missing from the game are proper mechanics for units disembarking vehicles when under fire. In vanilla Arma3, they dismount and form a 2 foot pile/stack directly behind the vehicle, and are mowed down almost instantaneously. Maybe a script forcing them to sprint 10m in a 180 degree field, go prone, and then take further action?

I really wish somebody would take this mod over and finish it. I'm using it on Arma 3 Full and it's fucking awesome. If I knew more about scripting I would, but this is amazing.

What i find ::EDIT::(amusing is not the right word, bewildering is) is that zooloo75 has said repeatedly in many of his threads, that it only takes him a few minutes to make a mod... Almost flaunting his skills.... then one day he says that he has no time to update or work on his mods...

Historiclly speeking when a mod maker stops working on a mod.... Its the death of that mod.... It was a sad day in my world when zooloo posted that he will no longer be supporting this mod... :(

Hopefully one day he will remind himself that it only takes a few minutes for him to whip out a new mod/script... and with that mindset im sure hell see that he actually has plenty of time!!!

Edited by Lordprimate

What i find amusing is that zooloo75 has said repeatedly in many of his threads, that it only takes him a few minutes to make a mod... Almost flaunting his skills.... then one day he says that he has no time to update or work on his mods...

Historiclly speeking when a mod maker stops working on a mod.... Its the death of that mod.... It was a sad day in my world when zooloo posted that he will no longer be supporting this mod... :(

Hopefully one day he will remind himself that it only takes a few minutes for him to whip out a new mod/script... and with that mindset im sure hell see that he actually has plenty of time!!!

Agreed

A lot of the time a basic prototype is a lot easier/quicker to make than a polished product... So while he may be good enough to turn out something like this relatively easily, the polishing and finishing is likely to be a lot harder and more time consuming...

Especially when real life commitments come in!

He does some amazing stuff but if this one doesn't get developed further... you can use as is, use another mod or pick this one apart and try and develop it further yourself!

I was a huge fan of this mod myself. He was cranking out the updates too which was great. He says he is in school now which is also very important. That actually shows some priority management imo.

I agree with Zodd,

1. if you can use as is, it use it.

2. If not use another mod. I recommend TPW. His suppression system is excellent. Close quarters battles are insane as AI is firing through a window in one minute and ducking below it as you start firing. You can adjust in userconfig how many bullets, etc. AI also pops smoke. It is specific in the areas of AI behavior it affects and TPW's response and support are great. That's one of his six mods (Correction SEVEN - just released TPW Fog - wow). If you have some feature requests I am sure you can ask him nicely too.

3. He did give permission to others to work on it as long as you give credit. If you can code, do it yourself. If not, find a buddy who can.

I was a huge fan of this mod myself. He was cranking out the updates too which was great. He says he is in school now which is also very important. That actually shows some priority management imo.

I agree with Zodd,

1. if you can use as is, it use it.

2. If not use another mod. I recommend TPW. His suppression system is excellent. Close quarters battles are insane as AI is firing through a window in one minute and ducking below it as you start firing. You can adjust in userconfig how many bullets, etc. AI also pops smoke. It is specific in the areas of AI behavior it affects and TPW's response and support are great. That's one of his six mods (Correction SEVEN - just released TPW Fog - wow). If you have some feature requests I am sure you can ask him nicely too.

3. He did give permission to others to work on it as long as you give credit. If you can code, do it yourself. If not, find a buddy who can.

you two sure are masters of the obvious... i was stating that it is historically true that once a mod maker stops workin on a mod its pretty much done for... even if it was stated that anyone can pick it up and continue work on it..... but thanks for pointing out the obvious.... Once again i hope that in the future that zooloo may find the urge to continue his awesome work!!

1) well thats is an obvious , Duh

2) well apples and oranges is all i can say to that ... apples and oranges...

3) hmmm i am not going to go make buddy buddy with someone just so they can do stuff form me ... thats rude...

Edited by Lordprimate

You are completely missing the point...

What i find amusing/bewildering is that zooloo75 has said repeatedly in many of his threads, that it only takes him a few minutes to make a mod... Almost flaunting his skills.... then one day he says that he has no time to update or work on his mods...

As I said at the start of my reply; there is a big difference in making a functional prototype and polishing/developing something to do exactly what you want.

See here:

http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/34-Works-In-Progress

Have a look how many posts on there are prototypes v. finished products.

What I am getting at is it comes cross like you are having a go at him because he made this quickly but he isnt able to continue it (or promise to). Ongoing support/maintenance of anything software related is a MASSIVE task; dont underestimate it.

1. As above, it doesnt only 'take a few minutes'. I made a silent takedown script in a few minutes... it would take a LOT longer to make it polished and to continue supporting it.

2. He is studying... Real life comes first.

If you are supportive then be supportive, but I would avoid coming across like a self entitled spoiled brat (eg. your most recent post)

Maybe use this as motivation to learn yourself....

Back on topic - good luck with studies Zooloo; might have a look inside to see how you made it work!

thanks zodd for stating that ... how am i coming across by stating that what you two had said is OBVIOUS!!!!

why are you so but hurt about me hoping that zooloo finds some time to continue his work. I know his life comes first... again that is obvious....

how do i come across as self entitled... or a spoiled brat by saying anything i had typed... WOW your funny!!!

I never underestimated ANYTHING, i simply stated that he, "zooloo" says all the time that it takes no time for him whip up code. (I cant code, how does that make me spoiled entitled or a brat????) then i say that hopefully he will not leave it forever, but come back and pick it up. I never stated that i wanted anything Specific from him other then asking to continue making mods.... Again how is that in ANY WAY self entitled or being a spoiled brat..... you just put words in my mouth and the last person that did that had to eat crow..... thanks for that ... made me smile..

I have been learning since i picked up the game... the problem is, I just cant code as well as others obviously can....... I look at others work all the time and i am bewildered by how they come up with it... So again I asked someone that repetedly states how easy it is for him, "to continue"... Again how is that self entitled or spoiled??

I bid you good day.... the point is you missed the point... so please understand that and move on ... your back on topic is funny ... please do maybe you can do something with it ... I cant...

EDIT::

Further more ... I stated that, historically in this community if someone makes a mod and stops working on it .. I never gets picked up by anyone else... THAT IS HISTORICALLY TRUE WITH MOST MODS HERE. If their maker stopped supporting %90 of the time they died where they were..... I am pleading my case to zooloo. I never insulted him or belittled him.. I was making examples and points... sorry that got under your skin..

but again i ask, How in the world does anything i said make me self entitled, or a spoiled brat.. you sir zodd, are funny to say the lease....

Edited by Lordprimate

Instead of flapping your gums Lordprimate, why not learn to change the code yourself? If zooloo is too busy, respect that and use it as is, use something else or rewrite the bits that are not to your liking..... simples.

Instead of flapping your gums Lordprimate, why not learn to change the code yourself? If zooloo is too busy, respect that and use it as is, use something else or rewrite the bits that are not to your liking..... simples.

It must be broken record time....

point one learn to change code myself... I pull mods apart all the time (already said that in this thread)...

I look and try to see how they work and what not (already said that in this thread..... see where this is going.....)

hoping someone will come back and continue to make mods.. please explain how i am disrespecting anyone????

use it as is.. again thanks for the obvious...

or rewrite it to my liking (first off there is NOTHING in this mod i dont like or want to "Change".... have i ever eluded to such desires??? NO!! { Again see point one... I just cant get my head around advanced scripting IE: mod making.. } get it???? probably not i only have said it like 5 times alone in this thread.. )

Thanks for your input though .. Ill keep it in mind when im looking at someone elses mod and i have NO CLUE what to do.. LOL!!