zooloo75

Fire-Fight Improvement System

Hey Austin I love your Mods And Scripts!! I also had the same problem but I only had this bug in close quarters, May I also suggest disabling the LOSECOMMAND since In my opinion it stops the units from Panicking which I believe is more realistic.. Once again keep up the great work Austin!!!

@NatanBrody - LMG full-auto fire implemented! Check the Dropbox link!

Sweeeeet!! :D The update works perfectly I am moving up with my squad and suddenly start getting mowed by full auto MG fire!! What an adrenaline rush!! Zooloo I really think you could expand this small mod into a full AI Conversion because some things you do are amazing!! :D

Edited by NatanBrody

Not sure if its FFIS or BIS but there seems to be excessive use of prone when assaulting a position. I made a large (10) group to assault Camp Maxwell and they kept moving up, dropping to prone, then standing up and moving up again... I would of expected to go to crouch when not moving but assaulting a position/executing a move waypoint in combat mode.

Anyway that's neither here nor there as the ensuing firefight almost resembled watching a human firefight. Pretty cool I must say with the enemy flanking together. I might just make a YouTube video of it.

They are conducting IMT. General rule of thumb is get cover if no cover go prone.

This sounds phenomenal! I haven't given it too much tampering yet, but I do hope it meshes well with the ASR/TPW addons.

Zooloo75 great work with the updates. Big fan here. I tested a mission with enemy infantry vs attack helo. AI was still acting Arms Vanilla-ish. They are walking slowly in a circle waiting to get mowed down every pass. I wonder if AI behavior could be - run as fast as possible into nearby structure.

Also can the hint be suppressed optionally using userconfig?

My fav AI mod hands down.

I, too, am interested how is works in MP, as I don't play SP. My group is sick and tired of Iranian Immortals, unafraid of bullet or explosion.

Not everyone is cut out to be a Spartan :)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the video! Could you make one in the daytime with mortars? Mortars can be called by AI if they are available on the map.

Sounds like fun, I will do that tonight for sure. Great to see that so many other players are also enjoying your mod, imagine how epic the firefights are going to be on Altis!

;2474776']Not everyone is cut out to be a Spartan :)

THIS IS ARMA !!!! couldn't resist lol

This keeps getting better- thanks zooloo

Shaping up to be one of the must-have mods for Arma 3.

Did some testing with different frameworks last night. I can confirm that it works with UPSmod, converted F2 and DAC, though there are some conflicting issues with DAC which I'm looking for a work around.

I made some custom missions in the editor and tried out this mod. It's amazing but it might have a negative impact on FPS.

Without it I get more frames, can someone else confirm?

Might have been a fps or two less. Didnt notice much in sp where its around 50-60fps anyway. Much more fun too!

I LOVE THIS MOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the automatic fire, however, the bursts are quite long anyway you can cut it down a second or two?

I LOVE THIS MOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the automatic fire, however, the bursts are quite long anyway you can cut it down a second or two?

The LMG suppression lasts for a maximum of 230 rounds - minimum 30, then a random of 200 is added to it. Might lower the random 200 to 100. Anywho, I'm at college now so I'll be pretty busy.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

I made some custom missions in the editor and tried out this mod. It's amazing but it might have a negative impact on FPS.

Without it I get more frames, can someone else confirm?

It can get a bit CPU intensive as it does track every shot fired and applies all the necessary functionality to them. Still doesn't stop me from doing a random large AI battles! XD

heyo zooloo75! you're pretty fast adding new features to your AI mod.

Very impressive!

I like the LMG suppression a lot.

However, I have to report a bug... I picked up an LMG (Zafir) from a fallen enemy and it starts shooting by itself.. (whithout me clicking the left mouse button!)

(no tracers, because the magazine is always refilled immediately, so the "tracersevery = 4" or whatever will not work)

Since the ammo counter is not going down while "auto"firing I assume it is the script form your LMG suppression function... pretty funny nevertheless...

(playing Beta dev build 0.77.109334)

using the new CBA you suggested

just wanted to report this

again: keep up the awesome work!

this is gonna be like GL4 from arma2 soon!

cheers

Zooloo Sometime soon I will be uploading a Full video of a mission I made and I will be integrating your mod with it I would love to post it here to show you!! :D Good Luck in college man!

heyo zooloo75! you're pretty fast adding new features to your AI mod.

Very impressive!

I like the LMG suppression a lot.

However, I have to report a bug... I picked up an LMG (Zafir) from a fallen enemy and it starts shooting by itself.. (whithout me clicking the left mouse button!)

(no tracers, because the magazine is always refilled immediately, so the "tracersevery = 4" or whatever will not work)

Since the ammo counter is not going down while "auto"firing I assume it is the script form your LMG suppression function... pretty funny nevertheless...

(playing Beta dev build 0.77.109334)

using the new CBA you suggested

just wanted to report this

again: keep up the awesome work!

this is gonna be like GL4 from arma2 soon!

cheers

Thanks for the report, I'll look into it later.

Also Zooloo I have come up with another idea.... How about making the Machine Gunners move to the front of the formation and lay down suppression when coming under attack?? Sound possible?? :DD

Shaping up to be one of the must-have mods for Arma 3.

Did some testing with different frameworks last night. I can confirm that it works with UPSmod, converted F2 and DAC, though there are some conflicting issues with DAC which I'm looking for a work around.

Wha??? Converted DAC for A3?? I will have your babies if you share it :p

I've just recorded a 600m long range fire-fight using this mod and I've noticed a few things that may need work on such as CQB and mortar splash area. But I'll let you be the judge of that once it's uploaded.

Off-topic

http://puu.sh/47tBl/88a7921a60.rar

It was a quick template made back in the early Beta-dev-build so expect a ton of script-errors. So far all it is units and APC's, only spawns and waypoints work I'm afraid.

I've just recorded a quick 10 minute long-range firefight using this mod to test out how AI react to engagements 500+ meters away. I've noticed that mortar shells seem to always land 50 meters away from the target and the AI seem to be a bit hesitant to fire despite being in greater number (I'll let you be the judge of that once it's uploaded.)

Either way it was much more entertaining and authentic compared to vanillas laser-locked-singleshot-shootouts.

Might have to edit the unit layouts but everything should be in working order. Markers cause a shit ton of script errors though so I suggest turning them off while testing.

I've just recorded a quick 10 minute long-range firefight using this mod to test out how AI react to engagements 500+ meters away. I've noticed that mortar shells seem to always land 50 meters away from the target and the AI seem to be a bit hesitant to fire despite being in greater number (I'll let you be the judge of that once it's uploaded.)

Either way it was much more entertaining and authentic compared to vanillas laser-locked-singleshot-shootouts.

Might have to edit the unit layouts but everything should be in working order. Markers cause a shit ton of script errors though so I suggest turning them off while testing.

Thanks, can't wait to see the vid! I've noticed that mortars need to be placed at a certain distance to provide accurate fire, unfortunately IDK what distance, I did however find that they can in fact hit their targets with good accuracy once the proper distance was supplied.