zooloo75

Fire-Fight Improvement System

I, too, am interested how is works in MP, as I don't play SP. My group is sick and tired of Iranian Immortals, unafraid of bullet or explosion.

I really made this mod for myself to make boring firefights much more interesting when just throwing a few groups together in the editor; I'm not a soldier, IDK what real special forces soldiers do in real life. I'm just trying to have some fun with the bland AI.

The wind is similar to my BWIS system I released a while back during Alpha except the effect is not as strong (so AI aren't affected too much). Since my mod makes groups attempt to move in on their shooters, the wind effects only get weaker as they get closer. If it is too intrusive, you can disable it via userConfig.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Getting crazy good firefights thanks to this mod, its fun to watch the AI battle against each other.

Thanks for the video! Could you make one in the daytime with mortars? Mortars can be called by AI if they are available on the map. :)

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

I, too, am interested how is works in MP, as I don't play SP. My group is sick and tired of Iranian Immortals, unafraid of bullet or explosion.

Try running it on the server - a little experimentation never hurts and it should at least affect AI. I myself am not interested in multiplayer, but I might make a MP compatible version.

It works on mp dedicated servers

we played it on our 40 slot invade and annex server last night, we had zeus ai also on the server so i was curious on how they would work together. With zeus the ai are not these one shot wonders but there movement techniques were lacking. With this addon, the ai were popping smoke all over the place and were moving properly when attacked. I'll probably be removing zeus to see how just this addon effects the AI later this week

Edited by Swanson

we played it on our 40 slot invade and annex server last night, we had zeus ai also on the server so i was curious on how they would work together. With zeus the ai are not these one shot wonders but there movement techniques were lacking. With this addon, the ai were popping smoke all over the place and were moving properly when attacked. I'll probably be removing zeus to see how just this addon effects the AI later this week

That's good to hear. An issue I do know that will happen in MP is that you won't see AI do 2 of the evasive animations (due to switchMove being a local only command), shouldn't be too much of an issue.

You should place some mortars around the map to make things a bit more interesting if there aren't already :)

BTW, if you don't like how you lose control of units in your group, you can disable it via userConfig. I have it do that because it was the only way I could get AI to move somewhere without getting too distracted by their leader's orders or from incoming fire. Disabling this could have unexpected results.

Edited by zooloo75

For the mortars do have to group them to the enemy squad leader or just throw them down somewhere and they'll know what to do? Really enjoying this btw.

For the mortars do have to group them to the enemy squad leader or just throw them down somewhere and they'll know what to do? Really enjoying this btw.

They don't have to be grouped - they just have to exist.

Thanks. Playing FATA on All in Arma and having insurgents pop out of alleyways, fire an ak or rpg at you, then dart back into the alley when you return fire is awesome.

Loving this one Zooloo75.

One thing I have noticed is AI tend to jump or bunnyhop all over the place.... just like COD multiplayer ! Both enemy AI and my team AI. Running your mod plus TMR, JSRS Sounds and VTS Gesture.

Loving this one Zooloo75.

One thing I have noticed is AI tend to jump or bunnyhop all over the place.... just like COD multiplayer ! Both enemy AI and my team AI. Running your mod plus TMR, JSRS Sounds and VTS Gesture.

That is one of the evasive animations AI perform to dodge incoming fire.

Brilliant mod, but if it's too much to ask is there anyway to add some AI supressive fire/ increase the firerate towards enemies?

From a mission makers standpoint, I have tried every trick in the book to try and get AI to fire at a previous location of a enemy, but nothing I've done has ever seemed to work (I've limited it down to the fact that when an AI spots a player, providing they have no visual behind terrain or map-placed-buildings, they will never fire towards that direction until the player pops out again).

It's just that the AI just completetly seizes fire when a player ducks under a wall really ruins some of the Arma experince for me. Well, that and singleshotting LMG's.

Is it possible to make the AI break command threshold adjustable? In addition, this addon seems to have some problems with the High command system. Subordinates seem to break away from the player like individual squad members only that they never come back.

Zooloo75 the mod is working perfectly now thanks bro!! :D It is so much fun to watch these realistic firefights!!

Do all the players/clients have to have the addon?

Or just have it on the dedi server loaded?

FYI the TMR guy is looking at implementing wind - hopefully your two mods don't clash as a lot of ppl seem to use them together.

Is it possible to make the AI break command threshold adjustable? In addition, this addon seems to have some problems with the High command system. Subordinates seem to break away from the player like individual squad members only that they never come back.

You can set whether units will break off from their groups when taking fire via userconfig.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

FYI the TMR guy is looking at implementing wind - hopefully your two mods don't clash as a lot of ppl seem to use them together.

Wind simulation can be toggled via userConfig.

I played with my Clan today and I was the host and the only one with the mod and the rest of the players saw the animations and everything fine

I played with my Clan today and I was the host and the only one with the mod and the rest of the players saw the animations and everything fine

That's great to hear!

And I have found that by disabling the losecommand in the userconfig makes the soldiers act more realistically because trained soldiers won't panic so much in a an ambush they will return fire and find cover. You have nailed this effect in this mod I love it 15 out of 10!!

This looks great. Would it be possible to add the evasive animations to the userconfig so that they could be disabled?

Not sure if its FFIS or BIS but there seems to be excessive use of prone when assaulting a position. I made a large (10) group to assault Camp Maxwell and they kept moving up, dropping to prone, then standing up and moving up again... I would of expected to go to crouch when not moving but assaulting a position/executing a move waypoint in combat mode.

Anyway that's neither here nor there as the ensuing firefight almost resembled watching a human firefight. Pretty cool I must say with the enemy flanking together. I might just make a YouTube video of it.

Not sure if its FFIS or BIS but there seems to be excessive use of prone when assaulting a position. I made a large (10) group to assault Camp Maxwell and they kept moving up, dropping to prone, then standing up and moving up again... I would of expected to go to crouch when not moving but assaulting a position/executing a move waypoint in combat mode.

Anyway that's neither here nor there as the ensuing firefight almost resembled watching a human firefight. Pretty cool I must say with the enemy flanking together. I might just make a YouTube video of it.

I'm sure that is just ArmA's AI.

Zooloo Do you think you could add to this mod more suppression by LMG's? If you could do that that would change gameplay a lot!! :D

This looks great. Would it be possible to add the evasive animations to the userconfig so that they could be disabled?

Wish granted! :) - Check the Dropbox download.

Also added option to toggle FFIS' waypoint overwrite (used to make AI flank the shooter) as it could possibly break other addons/scripts that handle waypoints.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Zooloo Do you think you could add to this mod more suppression by LMG's? If you could do that that would change gameplay a lot!! :D

I'll see what I can do.

Edited by zooloo75

Cool thanks man your the best!! :) I think at this pace this mod could become a full AI conversion mod!! :D

Edited by NatanBrody

I ran into some strange behavior when testing this mod with 4 groups of AI in the editor. I gave them all lots of cover to use and BLUFOR side has access to artillery, but never called any in (maybe not really a bug) and the AI groups seemed to stop randomly then never started moving again. The entire group just freezes in one spot... Eventually all 4 groups did this and that was basically the end of the fight...