zooloo75

Fire-Fight Improvement System

I never used UPSMON, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Mostly because UPSMON is controlling where the AI is going and what they're doing, and thus you could issue contradicting orders to the AI and cause a big mess.

Mostly because UPSMON is controlling where the AI is going and what they're doing, and thus you could issue contradicting orders to the AI and cause a big mess.

Or interesting gameplay ;)

Next update will have a userconfig file to easily tweak settings (such as allowing AI to pop smoke - Nikiforos :P).

Update available on Dropbox - Added userconfig file.

Your Mod is awesome :) but the infantry react a little bit crazy when they under fire.

One example:

I started a firefight in girna against CSAT, i used 2 Strider (one unarmed and one HMG). My Squad (8man) got under fire and i let them all disembark execpt the gunner. AI went crazy=> First i loose the command of my whole squad than the new Ai leader of my squad steal the vehicles and drove into girna. I guess they all died. The enemies react clever after they collect themselves they started to flank me and this was the reason why i losse the controll of my squad ^^.

Your Mod is awesome :) but the infantry react a little bit crazy when they under fire.

One example:

I started a firefight in girna against CSAT, i used 2 Strider (one unarmed and one HMG). My Squad (8man) got under fire and i let them all disembark execpt the gunner. AI went crazy=> First i loose the command of my whole squad than the new Ai leader of my squad steal the vehicles and drove into girna. I guess they all died. The enemies react clever after they collect themselves they started to flank me and this was the reason why i losse the controll of my squad ^^.

LOL, sounds like you got ambushed.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

-=Update=-

Added functionality to vehicles! Try suppressing a group with a Pawnee! Put those miniguns to use!

Yes but the whole squad paniced so i had no chance :)

Time to brush up on your commandeering skills :P

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Currently working on having AI call in mortar fire if such unit is available.

Okay I put modes in My Docs/Arma 3 and I am getting an error message with your userconfig file. I had to move the userconfig directory to Arma 3 root which is not ideal.

Okay I put modes in My Docs/Arma 3 and I am getting an error message with your userconfig file. I had to move the userconfig directory to Arma 3 root which is not ideal.

That's how almost all userConfigs are handled...

I find it a little bit unrealistic that units "panic" when ambushed.

I like suppression and I like extending the length of firefights, but I don't like losing complete control of my unit just because I'm getting shot at. Frankly, modern infantry soldiers DON'T panic even when ambushed. It is EXPECTED that you will be ambushed. Even during a close ambush, instead of losing their minds you will see that unit simply turn towards the gunfire, unleash a torrent of small arms fire and grenades, and fucking walk on line into the threat. I can see this feature for civilians or insurgent groups with low skill, but not for trained militaries.

I like suppression and I like extending the length of firefights, but I don't like losing complete control of my unit just because I'm getting shot at. Frankly, modern infantry soldiers DON'T panic even when ambushed. It is EXPECTED that you will be ambushed. Even during a close ambush, instead of losing their minds you will see that unit simply turn towards the gunfire, unleash a torrent of small arms fire and grenades, and fucking walk on line into the threat. I can see this feature for civilians or insurgent groups with low skill, but not for trained militaries.

Let me put the required lol here.

Then let me put the required We arent fighting some "relatively untrained militia " ingame.

And the AI do exactly that with this mod... If I replace the word panic with "find cover" then it'd be a completely different story as that's exactly what they do. It'd be pretty stupid for a group to just stay in the same position in the open while taking fire and just die.

Edited by zooloo75

Love the mod, Finally can turn the skill up to make use of better AI without the fear of getting pistol sniped at 1000m. Only bug I noticed so far is that vehicles do not seem to want to engage. I tried with both the Autonomous UGV as well as the Pawnee and the Blackfoot.

*edit* I should have added that I'm using the dev branch and I didn't read whether this mod was compatible or incompatible with either stable or dev branch.

Edited by Windies

Love the mod, Finally can turn the skill up to make use of better AI without the fear of getting pistol sniped at 1000m. Only bug I noticed so far is that vehicles do not seem to want to engage. I tried with both the Autonomous UGV as well as the Pawnee and the Blackfoot.

Thanks for the report - will be fixed in the next update!

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

-=Update=-

Added artillery support. AI may call in mortars if such units are exist on the map for their side.

* Bleed-outs now result in actual blood loss instead of just behaving as a visual.

Can you expand on that zooloo? I am desperate for anything medic related. DESPERATE

* Bleed-outs now result in actual blood loss instead of just behaving as a visual.

Can you expand on that zooloo? I am desperate for anything medic related. DESPERATE

I can't explain how he's done it but I set myself up for a 1 on 1 battle with an autorifleman just to see how he would behave (+TMR mod) and I shot him once. He then proceeded to kill me but I saw him faceplant dead in my killcam about 30 seconds after I died. I'm guessing he bled out.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Its a ragdoll death though so not sure if that will tickle your fancy

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

[/color]-=Update=-

Added artillery support. AI may call in mortars if such units are exist on the map for their side.

Those good for nothing sons of bitches!

i really like where this is going. glad that arma 3 gets the needed AI attention so early on. combined with the tweaks the devs are making atm, this will result in a new and much better experience once the full game arrives. good job zooloo. keep putting out them jewels ;)

i really like where this is going. glad that arma 3 gets the needed AI attention so early on. combined with the tweaks the devs are making atm, this will result in a new and much better experience once the full game arrives. good job zooloo. keep putting out them jewels ;)

Thanks Great Benson!

Wow this is an amazing addon it makes the AI behavior much mor realistic. And I'm all for realism!!!! Great work keep it up!

Time to brush up on your commandeering skills :P

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Currently working on having AI call in mortar fire if such unit is available.

Well trained troops won't panic in an ambush. Perhaps it's time you brush up your mod to reflect experience/training levels.

Well trained troops won't panic in an ambush. Perhaps it's time you brush up your mod to reflect experience/training levels.

Can't please everyone... -.-

http://overlypositive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/the-forum-trolls-demotivational-poster-1210635423.jpg

Edited by R0adki11

Hey zooloo, I have downloaded the updated version but I am getting an error undefinable variable in expression : ss_ffis_addunit and ss_ffis_mortars. Could you possibly help me? And i'm playing v0.74 not the DEV build

Hey zooloo, I have downloaded the updated version but I am getting an error undefinable variable in expression : ss_ffis_addunit and ss_ffis_mortars. Could you possibly help me? And i'm playing v0.74 not the DEV build

Did you place the userConfig folder into your ArmA3 directory?