bakerman

Armor Improvement System (AIS)

@Hieronymus

I wonder who already did that? Hmmm... ;) The year is 2035, I'm sure the technology will exist to create a flying scout drone the size of a tennis ball. If I can walk into a store and purchase a flying toy of that size today then I'm sure the military will catch up in 20 years.

@ShiftySean

You are my hero! :D

Hehe no problem, I figured the best way for non modding folks like me to help, is to at least help out the modders whenever you can:P

Me being a curious person started reading some more about the rheinmetall package. It's not a hardkill APS like the trophy on the Merkava or the t100's APS (don't know if you plan on adding that one aswell, it appears to be the Drozd 2 APS which was cancelled but suggested for the Black Eagle tank). Seems it does detect laser lockons and disrupts the locks, but an unguided rpg seems to go through just fine, only having it's upped armour to protect it at that point. Might be intresting for armaverse in any case (making the AAF's tank a little weaker and technologicly impaired compared to the superpowers tanks).

Anyway, thought I'd help a little ;) Good luck!

Doesn't the Merkava's trophy system protect 360 degrees and not leave a 20 degree gap?

AAF is getting a leopard 2, I think I am crying inside...

ANYWHO!!! Can't wait to see what you are digging up next Baker, SUPER Xsited to see what's next XD

Doesn't the Merkava's trophy system protect 360 degrees and not leave a 20 degree gap?

I think so. Maybe its just to make it fair so that its got a weakness somewhere ...

I think so. Maybe its just to make it fair so that its got a weakness somewhere ...

Now ProGamer will come here and say "There's no artificial balancing in Arma" or something like that.

@ShiftySean

You really helped me out there because the system is relatively unknown. I need to read up as much as I can about it. Yes it's the Drozd 2 which is a bit outdated for 2035 to say the least. I have ideas to increase the protection of the Black Eagle but I have yet to decide on what I will use.

@ProGamer

The system claims to give complete full 360 degree protection, however I have my doubts about that. As Lala14 said the gap is there just for the sake of a weak spot, but I didn't like how this wasn't simulated. So I have removed the gap in the trophy's defenses and I'm adding more things that influence the chance of detection and interception.

@Mikey74

The Badger NATO light APC is getting a LEDS-150. The Namer heavy APC will get the Iron First. MRAPs will also have the optional Iron Fist, I'll probably create a knockoff version for other factions. I'm not sure about the CSAT APCs, I could give them arena but that thing is huge and I don't know where I will "mount" it. I have yet to decide on something for the new AAF British IFV, my first thought was electrically charged armor.

You are doing God's work Bakerman. Can you tell us more about the IR/radar jamming? Also, maybe it's beyond the scope of your mod, but have you considered advanced infantry camo that reduces IR signatures, or maybe even optical camo? After all, it's supposed to be 2035.

Now ProGamer will come here and say "There's no artificial balancing in Arma" or something like that.

What? Seriously? Do you always have to copy and paste that statement every time I mention the word realistic? I was looking though the thread and found the intent was to improve the armor in game and make it more realistic. I was pointing out a flaw with the current mod and that philosophy.

Edited by ProGamer

What? Seriously? Do you always have to copy and paste that statement every time I mention the word realistic? I was looking though the thread and found the intent was to improve the armor in game and make it more realistic. I was pointing out a flaw with the current mod and that philosophy.

No, I don't copy&paste it. I've already memorized it from all the times I've seen you posting it. :p But sure, if you don't like it, I'll stop. Now, if only you could stop say spamming every thread with it... :rolleyes:

But, this is offtopic.

@ShiftySean

You really helped me out there because the system is relatively unknown. I need to read up as much as I can about it. Yes it's the Drozd 2 which is a bit outdated for 2035 to say the least. I have ideas to increase the protection of the Black Eagle but I have yet to decide on what I will use.

@ProGamer

The system claims to give complete full 360 degree protection, however I have my doubts about that. As Lala14 said the gap is there just for the sake of a weak spot, but I didn't like how this wasn't simulated. So I have removed the gap in the trophy's defenses and I'm adding more things that influence the chance of detection and interception.

@Mikey74

The Badger NATO light APC is getting a LEDS-150. The Namer heavy APC will get the Iron First. MRAPs will also have the optional Iron Fist, I'll probably create a knockoff version for other factions. I'm not sure about the CSAT APCs, I could give them arena but that thing is huge and I don't know where I will "mount" it. I have yet to decide on something for the new AAF British IFV, my first thought was electrically charged armor.

Why not the active camouflage armor that the British already have?

There's also the Black Fox Armor:

Trophy:

Edited by ProGamer

Active camoflauge does look cool :P

Another APS to maybe consider is the AMAP-ADS, which is pretty much a hardkill APS designed to save weight (only adding 140kg) and responds in microseconds (faster than any other APS apparently). Tests exceed expectations and although it's german made, there's a lot of export of it already (swedish know it as AAC and the french know it as Shark APS) and atleast 1 asian country has already bought it for their tanks and apc's. (maybe even paving the way for a chinese knock off look-a-like for the opfor?)

Active camoflauge does look cool :P

Another APS to maybe consider is the AMAP-ADS, which is pretty much a hardkill APS designed to save weight (only adding 140kg) and responds in microseconds (faster than any other APS apparently). Tests exceed expectations and although it's german made, there's a lot of export of it already (swedish know it as AAC and the french know it as Shark APS) and atleast 1 asian country has already bought it for their tanks and apc's. (maybe even paving the way for a chinese knock off look-a-like for the opfor?)

China uses a coil gun based APS.

The mod is currently on hold due to real life catching up and partly because I've almost entirely lost interest in arma as a game, never mind that I've hardly ever played the game. On the one hand it's good to see that BI released all of the arma2 content, but on the other hand this "Make Arma Not War" thing is entirely against the good spirit of creation and modding. It's just my opinion, and frankly scientific fact, that monetary incentives on this level do way more harm than good. I recently finished my RGN & RGO grenades and I have a bunch of other stuff that are very nearly complete or just needs to be tested, so it would make sense to release my work instead of dumping it all. Expect AIS to be released in bits and bobs as/if I finish them. Baker out :wave:

ah bakerman, you are the man. your my yoda, dont give up on us now!!!! :P seriously I hate to hear ya say that. Me I love the game. The contest thing. well what ever they want to do its there product. I'd like to see Arma go viral, but they have lost something sense OFP 85,but to me its still a great game. The AI is lacking a bit. So a few of us have fixes for that. I've learned a lot from guys like you. SO if you just disapear from us know that I appreciate your work, and hate to see ya leave. Also have a wonderful safe life man. :)

Most unfortunate, i was looking forward to playing A3 using this excellent addon. :(

Dude just figure out our mods cinda conflict. In the new script I was writing I have it set where the mech kick out troops before they get to ambush positions so if mech is hit the whole mech squad is not destroyed. But when I have your mod selected if enemy group has AT in it it just runs write into them. lol Trying to find a work around for that. Really wish I could make ya like this game. lol I'll stop begging now :P

never mind it stopped again. Its not AIS phewww I can put ur mod back on. lol

Edited by Mikey74

sad news indeed :( really liked the way this was shaping up the armor in arma 3. Good luck in rl issues in any case ;) hope to still see those bits and bobs :)

Life got out of the way and I have some time. Here's a bits and bobs work in progress video. Working on new smoke launchers for vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUmobDePO4

Oh yes and fragmentation is working for pretty much everything in game.

Edit: Screenshot added

ji1eeAt.jpg

Edited by Bakerman

Looks awesome Bakerman! AIS is a mod that I have deemed necessary when playing Arma 3.

i wonder what sort of config hell would unleash once the Arma2 content is made available :D would this system work against an Arma2 ATGM for instance? so much confusion.

Thanks for the kind words lo0se :)

@Pulstar

I haven't tested it, but in theory it should work for everything. The system already operates in a very realistic way, but I went one step further and I've slightly redesigned the APS scripts for even more realistic simulation. Projectiles over or under a certain velocity and size trigger different actions. The system decides what, if any, countermeasures to deploy and if the user should be alerted. This also means that counter-APS munitions will work as intended without any scripts or cheats.

More updates to follow soon. ;)

Edited by Bakerman