bakerman

Armor Improvement System (AIS)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I ran in to a issue just now testing it on a dedicated server, we were 3 players[driver/gunner/commander] in the Merkava tank and it did not shoot down a single missile, OPFOR AI were using RPG32 on our 3-man crewed tank, any idea why and a possible solution?its not a JIP issue as we tried with and without JIP.

Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.

I can't say that I really know why this would happen, I guess I'll just have to debug the entire process for crews consisting of multiple players. :confused:

I think its a player related issue and not necessarily a locality, if I crew a tank that has AI inside it it will intercept the missiles but if I'm a player only crew[1-3 players] it will not shot down anything even on a local server.

I only play in MP mode and it is working fine for player.

Are you running with AI crew or by yourself?is it by yourself?

I just tested it out and it worked fine with 1 and 3 players in a tank with no AI.

I re-ran another test and this time it worked, I'm sorry for getting you worked up over this - I'm guessing one of the guys in my tank didn't have CBA and maybe that caused it, I'm not sure what happened.

Hey Bakerman, I appreciate your work and looking forward for any new features and updates. But please do me a favor, be so kind and verify your mod with the v2 signature. Your bikey is an old one and will not accepted on servers using "verifySignature 2".

I've been working on loads of different little improvements and I'm at a dead end mostly due to the lack of content in ARMA3. Frankly I'm tired of cleaning up the mess the developers at Bohemia Interactive left us with. The addon is 100% open to anyone who wishes to use it, you don't need my permission. I'm not sure if I'll post all of my WIP scripts as they'll need to cleaned up.

Hi,

I'm not sure because not much news since two weeks ... but you haven't give up on your mod, haven't you Bakerman ?

:butbut: :bounce3:

Noooo Bakerman, this is a must have mod and your ideas you have for the future are great. Would be really a shame to let this one die :(

I apologize that I have disappointed the fans of this mod.

I have been slowly trying to get back into developing extra features for this, but things are going really slow because I don't like using tanks in Arma 3. :( Here's why:

• The tank sounds are utter garbage. The distortion is simply unacceptable. Hopefully JSRS will release soon.
  • The situation with the equipment. I find the missing coaxial/commander gun baffling. :confused:

There's also the issue that currently there is no infrared light. The IR flare is just a white flare and the IR laser is just a texture.

I'm still willing to create an Iron Fist APS for light armored vehicles if somebody would be willing to help out by creating the model with the basic configs.

Everyone is happy of mod devs, the speed is not important. We are just at the beginning of ArmA3, some modders rush in and lose motivation at the same speed. Just take your time to optimse and to implement your ideas. active protection is something arma3 already should have, you just did their work. No need to apologize.

Ee play in arma2 often with tanks (of course with ACE) and apcs and yes, i share your critics on arma3. we are still not happy about the actual state of tanks (too slow, no torque, physics hmm some part are better, other parts are not, no coax, no laser targeting, still cannon fodder to EVERY air with their auto aim on the hole map) but with guys like you it will get better and better ;)

• The tank sounds are utter garbage. The distortion is simply unacceptable. Hopefully JSRS will release soon.
  • The situation with the equipment. I find the missing coaxial/commander gun baffling. :confused:

Good to hear from you again !

You can add to the list, the missing FCS (the ACE FCS is actually great) and the stupid WW2 HE round instead of HEAT and Airburst/canister rounds.

But I have no doubt someone will mod that too.

What you did with active protection system is filling the blank in one of the flaw department. Because that hardware will likely be standard issue in 2035's tanks.

Thanks guys. I don't want anything fancy from the stock tanks, I just don't want broken tanks. New rounds (basically everything you just listed + one or two more) is something that I looked into long ago and I would really like to complete my work on that, maybe that's something I'll try and get out soon-ish. :)

Can you make a a separate version of the Active Protection system to resemble the Trophy Active Protection system that the Merkavauses in real life?

Maybe i have missed it, but where are the signatures for the serverkeys? I just see the .pbo and the .bikey but no addon signatures..

Next to that, your addon works nicely. Finally smoke isn't your only solution.

EDIT:

Might it be, that this addon doesn't work on dedicated servers? I have loaded AIS on both the dedicated server and on my client, but i can't get the AIS to work. No problems in sp/editor.

Edited by Predator.v2

anyone else getting an undefined variable error.. baps_startdelay... I have gone thew the code and i thought i fixed it but i cannot get rid of it.. i defined it and everything...

Will test tonight with some mates if i get the same error, also on dedicated.