Sign in to follow this  
Miroslaw Kowalski

UAVs have unguided rockets?

They're guided. You can lock on to laser pointers designated by the uav 'turret'

Hold down left click with the 'turret', after a while the AI pilot will fire a missile. Or, left click with the laser pointer, switch to the pilot seat, press tab to lock, left click

Yep, UAVs need a revision on fire and camera controls. At the moment they're a nice concept but barely anything beyond that.

Yep, UAVs need a revision on fire and camera controls. At the moment they're a nice concept but barely anything beyond that.

Yea as of right now they are useless via AI.

I´m playing a mission right now where i´m located on the east bank, Attack UAV is in the airport. And i got my Quadro. So i send up my quadro and laser designate the chopper in the enemy territory but how am i supposed to connect the attack-UAV to the terminal?

Seems weird that i should run over the whole map just to connect it to the terminal?

I´m playing a mission right now where i´m located on the east bank, Attack UAV is in the airport. And i got my Quadro. So i send up my quadro and laser designate the chopper in the enemy territory but how am i supposed to connect the attack-UAV to the terminal?

Seems weird that i should run over the whole map just to connect it to the terminal?

Open the terminal from the action menu, right click on any UAV on the map.

Thanks i´ll give it a go!

Edit: Brilliant, now time for some UAV missions.

Edited by RushHour

why in the world do we have AI in drones
It's one of the first steps in bringing Skynet to fruition. AI in drones in Arma3 leads military leaders to wonder why they're paying for people to operate their real drones. Operators are replaced with AI developed in conjunction with BI. This AI is then ported over to tanks, then to civilian automobiles. Then, cue Judgement Day. Arnold is too old to help us now, so, yeah...