Sign in to follow this  
1para{god-father}

Key Points

I've tried every solution to get these to work but no luck yet, they are in V3 with no issue and defined in config.cpp. I believe it still has something to do with BinPBO even after a reinstall of the tools, I've checked the temp_bin to insure the proper packing and derapifyed the config.bin to insure the entries were added ... No luck as of yet..

Source: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:terrain:custom-keypoints-cfglocationtypes

class CfgLocationTypes
{
class Nyiragongo
{
	name = "Nyiragongo Mnt.";
	drawStyle = "icon";
	texture = "shy\shy_kangunda\data\icons\mount.paa";
	color[] = {};
	size = 32;
	shadow = 0;
	font = "Zeppelin33italic";
	textSize = 0.2;
};

class Gahinga
{
	name = "Gahinga Mnt.";
	drawStyle = "icon";
	color[] = {};
	size = 32;
	shadow = 0;
	textSize = 0.2;
};
class Nakugen
{
	name = "Nakugen Mnt.";
	drawStyle = "icon";
	color[] = {};
	size = 32;
	shadow = 0;
	textSize = 0.2;
};
class MountKangunda
{
	name = "Mount Kangunda";
	drawStyle = "icon";
	color[] = {};
	size = 32;
	shadow = 0;
	textSize = 0.2;
};
};

class Names
{
class Nyiragongo
{
	name="Nyiragongo Mnt.";
	position[]={2142.22,154.37};
	type="shyMount";
	radiusA=100;
	radiusB=100;
};

class Gahinga
{
	name="Gahinga Mnt.";
	type="shyMount";
	radiusA=100;
	radiusB=100;
};
class Nakugen
{
	name="Nakugen Mnt.";
	position[]={16519.4,7682.33};
	type="shyMount";
	radiusA=100;
	radiusB=100;
};
class MountKangunda
{
	name="Mount Kangunda";
	position[]={1523.89,16771.2};
	type="shyMount";
	radiusA=100;
	radiusB=100;
};
};		

Edited by Sig [USMC]

I'm not on my computer right now but if I remember correctly under cfglocationtypes your just defining the icon. So class shyMount. Not each name like in class names. So really it looks like you are trying to define one custom icon

So

class cfglocationtypes
{
class shymount
{
drawStyle = "icon";
texture= "your path";
color[]={};
size=32;
shadow=0;
font=your font;
textSize= 0.2;
};
};
[/Code]

Then under class names under type you put your shyMount like it is.

Tried what you suggested and still doesn't work, went through the usual process to clear out all the old files. Any other ideas? PAA is a 20x20 and is located in the path as stated above.

class CfgLocationTypes
{
 class shyMount
 {
               drawStyle = "icon";
	color[] = {0.05,0.4,0.8,0.8};
	size = 16;
	shadow = 0;
	textSize = 0.05;
};
};

class Names
{
class Nyiragongo
{
name="Nyiragongo Mnt.";
type="shyMount";
radiusA=100;
radiusB=100;
};
class Gahinga
{
name="Gahinga Mnt.";
position[]={11689,11609};
type="shyMount";
radiusA=100;
radiusB=100;
};
class Nakugen
{
name="Nakugen Mnt.";
position[]={16519.4,7682.33};
type="shyMount";
radiusA=100;
radiusB=100;
};
class MountKangunda
{
name="Mount Kangunda";
position[]={1523.89,16771.2};
type="shyMount";
radiusA=100;
radiusB=100;
};
};

Other Sources:

https://sites.google.com/site/islandconfigs/cfgworlds-overview/cfgworlds-names

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createLocation

Edited by Sig [USMC]

I've triied in the same way as per a2. Got no problem so far. I'm using #include names.hpp and kptypes.dat. which problem are u experiencing?

Frank

Hi guys!

Remember this part from the little "keypoints tut" which M1lkm8n linked to above....

At this point it's worth remembering how these keypoint definitions work in Visitor...

As you define these keypoints, they're stored in the .pew file - it's only when you're at the viewing-in-buldozer while saving the .wrp stage, that they're written to the "yourterrain.hpp" file, ready to be #included in your main config.

So...

Keypoints showing in V3 / Buldozer OK = You've got a working kptypes.dat and you've added some keypoints - at this stage they're lurking in the main .pew file.

Then you need to actually launch buldozer, and - while it's open and you're viewing your terrain - Export that .wrp file!

At this stage you should find a "yourterrainname.hpp" file has been created in your main project folder, beside the "yourterrainname.wrp".... That's your "Names File" - externalised now and ready to be included in your main config.

Next step is to include that file properly in your config... Make sure you have something like this...

class Names   
	{
		#include "yourterrainname.hpp"
	};

* Remember to change that filename so it really IS "yourterrainname.hpp", not "names.hpp", which is a common mistake if you're speed-reading a tutorial...

Final stage is to Binarize your terrain with BinPBO - this should do the actual #including part, and assemble a final composite config.bin from all your separate .cpp's and .hpps...

It might be useful after this final stage to unpack the resulting .pbo file, and derapify (unbinarize) the config.bin (Mikero's "Eliteness" will do both operations at once), and take a look to make sure your "myterrainname.hpp" contents have been properly included into that Names class...

Hope this helps a bit....

B

Thanks Bush. Your right. Most example of config.cpp have a line like this

class Names{}

In this case all names of locations are cleared or are inherited?

Frank

If you just skip mentioning the "class Names" section entirely, AND you're inheriting from some terrain or other, then you should get the "Names" from that terrain.

class Names {}; - should - effectively clear the definitions out and result in no keypoints at all.

However - since exporting a .wrp always results in a "yourterrainname.hpp" being created as well, even if you have no keypoints and it's just an empty file, it's generally regarded as Good Practise to have the #include statement in place in your config, just as the codeblock above - that way, if you have no keypoints defined, it'll use the empty file and you'll get... no keypoints, but if you decide to add some later, you're already configured for them and they'll appear with no further effort on your part...

B

Thanks , for the above but I am still having issues for some reason.

I have 3 Key point in my V3 and i export world when running Bulldozer.

I then get my test_island.hpp

I have in my config at the bottom

 
	class Names   
	{
		#include "test_island.hpp"
	};

When I pack it all up and test I get nothing in game or Editor ?

If I unpack it all and check my Config I get the following as expected in my config.cpp, so no idea why I cannot see them in game.

Anthing else , could there be a conflict in my config ? ( cannot find another Class Names in there)

class Names
{
class test1
{
	name = "Test 1";
	position[] = {4792.34,14477.1};
	type = "Mount";
	radiusA = 100;
	radiusB = 100;
};
class test2
{
	name = "Test City";
	position[] = {11969.2,13556.6};
	type = "CityCenter";
	radiusA = 100;
	radiusB = 100;
};
class test3
{
	name = "test 2";
	position[] = {12222.6,16424.7};
	type = "Strategic";
	radiusA = 100;
	radiusB = 100;
};
};

Reinstall binpbo and binarize and clear your bin_temp folder. I ran into the same issue and after reinstalling those two things it worked again.

Reinstall binpbo and binarize and clear your bin_temp folder.

Yeah - that's definitely worth a try... BinPBO is just a front-end... Binarize & BinMake are the underlying routines that do all the work - it's perfectly OK to run the install procedure again and re-install selected bits over again directly into the same locations... TexView is another one which occasionally seems to go dodgy and rights itself after a reinstall...

B

Yeah - that's definitely worth a try... BinPBO is just a front-end... Binarize & BinMake are the underlying routines that do all the work - it's perfectly OK to run the install procedure again and re-install selected bits over again directly into the same locations... TexView is another one which occasionally seems to go dodgy and rights itself after a reinstall...

B

Yea I default to reinstalling binarize anytime something's not working right and I know the code is correct. I had the same issue where my key points were in my config after binarize but didn't show up in game. Hopefully that's solves it.

Hmmm still no joy

I have reinstall BinPBO , I am using the checkbox in BinPBO to binarize, is that correct? as you said reinstall binarize as well but there is nothing in Tool 2.5.1 that has a separate install for that.

I alos have reinstall ALL Tools as well to be safe - still nothing ingame or editor :(

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

... as you said reinstall binarize as well but there is nothing in Tool 2.5.1 that has a separate install for that.

Yes there is. I'm not in front of my computer right now so I forget What it's called. If you don't wish to wait for bushlurker or someone to hop in here list them here and I'll tell you which one it is.

I just re installed them ALL (presume binarize is "Tools for converting") to be safe and still no luck - this one has me beat as i cannot understand why it is not showing?

List is

Oxygen 2

Visitor 3

Texview

BinPBO

FSM

Sound

Tools for converting

Bi Drive

FonttoTGA

Hi guys,

I realised that sometime Binpbo could give strange result because of the fact that Binpbo is only a front end sofware. Sometimes binarize remains in memory as an active process. In those cases even if you make changes in the project, Binpbo could continue using data (i.e. Config file) that have been kept by binarize. So afger closing binpbo make sure binarize in unloaded from memory.

Hope this will help.... ;)

Frank

I have in my config at the bottom

Probably in wrong place

best to check where it is and not outside Main config or it wont show or error :)

i ususally place at top under ilsTaxiOff[]

or somewhere

it doesnt appear to matter but it works ok here id its ^^

Probably in wrong place

best to check where it is and not outside Main config or it wont show or error :)

i ususally place at top under ilsTaxiOff[]

or somewhere

it doesnt appear to matter but it works ok here id its ^^

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yep as you have guessed it is working - moved it to where you said and they all show up.

Thank you all soo much for all the help !