Sign in to follow this  
spamurai

I can not get the Waypoint: Destroy to function

[ARMA3] 0.76.109065

So... maybe I'm doing something wrong but, it appears as though the AI are ignoring Destroy type waypoints.

I made some simple tests:

I placed an empty vehicle on the runway, placed an AT soldier and gave him a DESTROY waypoint and observed what would happen. Nothing happens. You can sometimes see the AI mount his AT weapon, but then switches back to his rifle and does nothing. I moved the target vehicle out of sight and farther away. The AI will run to a position near his waypoint, but then not do anything.

I changed his rank and his skill levels,

I changed his role to another load out with different equipment capable of destroying the target.

I changed the type of target vehicle.

Nothing seems to motivate him to attack the object of his DESTROY Waypoint.

I changed the vehicle to an enemy, but then the AI simply appears to react to the enemy target as he would naturally without the waypoint.

Is the DESTROY waypoint type broken?

Destroy Waypoint works best when attached to an object. Double click the waypoint directly ON the object. Also make sure it's a valid target. There's no reason for an AI to waste a missile blowing up an empty tank. Make that a live tank (but remove fuel and ammo so it doesn't do anything) and then it'll happily attack.