spanishsurfer

Arma 3 Benny CTI : How Arma is meant to be played

actually in OFP was several cti version, MFCTI, CRCTI. there was no official cti mission. That came with arma 1, i think

I'm loving Benny's CTI, but am having some trouble buying new equipment. If I choose "MENU: Equipment" and then select some items to buy, when I press the Buy button, money gets deducted from me but the items that I bought are not in my inventory when I press "I". Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?

Is there a way to add the newer vehicles to the scenario? I'd also like to have UAVs as well...

If you dePBO the mission, you'll find what you're looking for in the config files. I'll try to remember to post which one specifically when I get home. Just swap out or add the class names you need. UAVs should be included already. If not, use either sari' or zerty's edits.

Just wondering,

Is there a way to make this work for chernarus or takistan to?

Is there a way to modify the AI, for example use modded units in stead of the vanilla?

And at last, is there a way to change the amount of squads or AI starting etc etc.

Hope to get a awnser soon

BG

Revichev

Just wondering,

Is there a way to make this work for chernarus or takistan to?

Is there a way to modify the AI, for example use modded units in stead of the vanilla?

And at last, is there a way to change the amount of squads or AI starting etc etc.

Hope to get a awnser soon

BG

Revichev

*Yes, you can apply the BECTI code onto either one of those maps. Just off the top of my head, mission.sqf change the map name to whatever you want to use and then load it in the editor to fix the flag positions.

*When you run the mission load ASR_AI (seperate mod) and from within ASR_AI you can configure the AI.

*To change squads/starting AI, load it via editor and find the "spawn islands" simply create/delete your units.

*Yes, you can apply the BECTI code onto either one of those maps. Just off the top of my head, mission.sqf change the map name to whatever you want to use and then load it in the editor to fix the flag positions.

*When you run the mission load ASR_AI (seperate mod) and from within ASR_AI you can configure the AI.

*To change squads/starting AI, load it via editor and find the "spawn islands" simply create/delete your units.

Well i have it working for Chernarus now,

just 2 problems; i searched and searched but cannot find anything in the folder. For example, on the editor the units that are synchronised with the Game logic, CTI west/east only represent the amount of commanders. It does not however influence the units that are spawned when the mission begins. The new RHS mod has came out and i want to replace the vanilla units with the RHS units but i just can't find where i need to change this in the folders.

Any help is much appreciated.

--------------------------

Nvm, it can be found under Common/config/units. There you can change all the units that can be build and will be spawned. Thanks anyway for the help :)

Looking forward to make this a sort of east west confrontation again, like it used to be in Arma 2

Edited by Revichev

The only thing i do not know, is how to change the commanders, they keep spawning into vanilla units do you know why? The rest is already finished, thanks for the help

Well i have it working for Chernarus now,

just 2 problems; i searched and searched but cannot find anything in the folder. For example, on the editor the units that are synchronised with the Game logic, CTI west/east only represent the amount of commanders. It does not however influence the units that are spawned when the mission begins. The new RHS mod has came out and i want to replace the vanilla units with the RHS units but i just can't find where i need to change this in the folders.

Any help is much appreciated.

--------------------------

Nvm, it can be found under Common/config/units. There you can change all the units that can be build and will be spawned. Thanks anyway for the help :)

Looking forward to make this a sort of east west confrontation again, like it used to be in Arma 2

Probably a bit late for this but I have a version of 0.97 which has been modified to be a LOT more like WFBE in arma 2 and I've recently added a Chernarus and Takistan map with the same town layouts as those found in WFBE 2.073.3. It still uses arma 3 units though - I'm keeping a close eye on the Community Upgrade Project/AiA as I would also like a more traditional east/west setting at some point (Part of me is still hoping we can get some proper factory models to use...). Files can be found in this post - I have an update prepped for the choppers release which includes a few other goodies like a WFBE style deployable HQ, I'll probably not go public with it for a few days but it'll be on our server (see sig) when the update goes live to make sure there aren't any anomalies I've missed.

The only thing i do not know, is how to change the commanders, they keep spawning into vanilla units do you know why? The rest is already finished, thanks for the help

If understand you right, you need to change the blufor/opfor units in the editor to A2/RHS/whatever units you're using

Edited by Sari

Well i can tell you, i have changed already all the buildings, added the Russian radar for the Command center ( which looks realy nice ) changed all units and squads to RHS escalation, so you can play with US forces and Russian armed forces, the only thing not complete about this conversion is the commanders. Somewhere in the script which i cannot find, there is a code that convert the units on the editor to Vanilla units.

This only counts for the commanders, all the other units are working.

If i imported all the units and everything is running well, then ii will upload the file so people can download it.

But before that i first need to speak to someone who made this script and knows what the problem is.

---------------

your version looks realy good, my focus is purely on the units, and the gameplay, more fast pased. For example i removed the APC from independant, because that way you will take over towns quicker which improves the time it takes before EAST and WEST actualy meet and because the independant faction has futuristic APC´s and the real life bmp2´s or Abrams are no match for them.

I made the map on Chernarus, specificly pointed at Chernogorsk, and strategic points around it.

What i noticed is that this game mode works 10 times better when Bcombat enabled. In my opinion it is a must have if you play this SP because the AI will react better and faster at most of the situations.

I think it will take me 2 days before everything is ready, ( if someone tells me how to change the commanders ). I tested it much and it is realy nice with all the new units and also textures of the buildings.

The only thing is that i do not know what i need to do with the independant faction, because RHS only contains Blufor and Opfor ( Russia and United States ) and if i change also the independant this means that the user must download another mod that is required.

Now it only needs the RHS escalation mod and A3MP. Any feedback will not go unnoticed.

Will keep you guys up to date

Edited by Revichev

Is it possible to reduce (not eliminate) the number of AI teams? It seems that they're really slowing down my games after a while.

Also, how would I go about adding the new vehicles that have been released?

Is it possible to reduce (not eliminate) the number of AI teams? It seems that they're really slowing down my games after a while.

Also, how would I go about adding the new vehicles that have been released?

you can download the file, unpbo it with for example; pbo view, and open the mission in the editor, then search for the spawn island and remove or add units from the map.

However adding units, this is not done in the editor but in the scripts itself. This can be found under, common/config/ and then the maps; units/base/squads/factories and towns.

You need to know all classnames of the units you want to add and replace the existing vanilla units in the scripts.

To make this work for Multiplayer with no working AI, you just need to replace the names in the map Units_east or west and edit the names on factories, this way you can build and buy them.

If you want to make this work for the AI to, then you need to work on the files, squads/units/factories/towns and base.

I have done this by myself, adding all the units from RHS escalation, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185095-Benny-BECTI-RHS-escalation-and-Takistan-Chernarus

Hope this was usefull

Bg Revichev

How do you change what units the neutrals (The dudes defending the towns from opfor and bluefor) use? What about your own occupation forces? :confused:

How do you change what units the neutrals (The dudes defending the towns from opfor and bluefor) use? What about your own occupation forces? :confused:

becti_0097.Altis\Common\Config\Units, Factories, defenses, squads, and gear.

Hell to the f*k'n yeah I can't wait to check out the new benny MP missions, is OFPS the only guys hosting becti and benny warfare?