spanishsurfer

Arma 3 Benny CTI : How Arma is meant to be played

No, IIRC that is someone who has ported over his mission (probably the Russians)

Lol - i did a quick port on the 1st day. Ran well.

I'm happy to see BE Warfare in the works for A3. The only problem I have with the lite version is the way the AI get confused and stays at base, the inability of vehicles to navigate terrain (not the missions fault) and being unable to disband units or sell buildings. I have hope that BI will give the ability of commands so he can get the mission squared away. I'll never forgive the multitude of server host who swapped out the BE warfare for Zombie lame dork RPG. There I was in multiplayer heaven for two years, and then in one day, it was almost all gone, Nothing but lame zombie bots. I rue that day. Dayz

BE Warfare for A2 CO and i44 mod are still the most solid written mission and most utilizing of Arma squad controls (which is what Arma is based on) to date. Nothing compares. I wait patiently for A3 to have such a mission available.

We're do I download this BE warfare since its so great?

No sure if you can other than hoping on a server thats already running it?

If someone uploaded his stuff on workshop without his approval he should be contacting Steam in that regards.

just tried to play this mission. The AI are a joke, wouldn't respond to orders. spent an hour driving round picking up my squad. finally thought "ok, ready to go". set a waypoint to the target and let the AI drive me. within 1 minute they'd driven me straight into a wall and lost a wheel. What a waste of time that was!

seriously, this is the first non PvP game i've played and i was very disappointed

seriously, this is the first non PvP game i've played and i was very disappointed

This is not this missions fault. The path finding of wheeled AI vehicles is terrible on Altis. They always get stuck at some intersections or stone walls. Complain to BIS http://feedback.arma3.com

There will be a parameter where the AI squads gets dismissed when a player joins on an AI slot. And a function to dismiss AI when they get stuck, so you don't have to pick them up.

the mission seemed to be extremely well made. there was no lag for me even with the server nearly full.

i understand that it's the AI (games) fault, i was just expecting them to behave a little better this close to release. i'll upvote the ticket

sadly against the will of benny you can download the mission in steam workshop...

Wow that's so f##king rude. even if they edited the mission releasing it on workshop before the author is Lame as f##k.

Wow that's so f##king rude. even if they edited the mission releasing it on workshop before the author is Lame as f##k.

well respect for the creators of mods and missions made the bis community strong, so no need to disrespect that. just got email from steam that thanked me for reporting this case.

i don´t think ist to hard to ask him and made your own edit, he also allowed it on the arma 2 /arrowhead versions. but at least credits should be right and his rules of puplishing the mission, and when he says no steamworkshop, than it is his opinion which should get at least the same respect as his work gets.

Hi, I´m new to Arma 3 and this Forum so i do have a Beginners Question;

How do you unlock Artillery and Jets in Benny CTI?

Played on several Servers where these Vehicles are available, but everytime we play LAN we don´t have access to these...

Are there special Requirements?

Now you know why Xeno quit, and ACE isn't coming.

I'm little bit confused.

What we talking about here?

The Benny Warfare or the BECTI?

The Benny Warfare was a advancement from the Orginal ArmA Warfare mode, the BECTI was a conversing from the old MFCTI from OFP both are great but the play style is different.

The Warfare is with much more AI centric and a has very strong AI resistance (good to slow down the Game and give the slowpokes like me the possibility to Build up before they came with the Choppers ^^ )

The BECTI is the old school Mode for nearly pure PvP Play style with low Resources and much driving/flying cause of no Teleport functions and stuff.

I found only the BECTI till today, if exist any Server how the Warfare is runnig so pls tell me.

And whats about the Workshop thing? And ACE is not coming cause of this?

Now you know why Xeno quit, and ACE isn't coming.

Some outdated information you have there. Xeno is working on ACE 3 now. Even if he wasn't, there are 14 other ACE developers that could do the job.

How is the multiplayer performance for said mission? Sadly this is one of the most important factors for me nowadays :/

How is the multiplayer performance for said mission? Sadly this is one of the most important factors for me nowadays :/

Depends entirely on the server, of course. On crappy servers, it runs like crap. Servers with plenty of Ghz and Bandwidth run it perfectly. For the massive all-map encompassing, AI intensive mission it is, it runs like a dream.

My personal opinion. I always disliked ACE and Benny's. Choc full of glitches, always felt half assed. I can only hope that the Dev's actually implement CTI into the game sometime later.

looking forward to new version ... (ye waiting for the script bugs fixed)

Hello,

I am new to the forums here at BI, and also to Armra 3.

I did play the original Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, and it remains one of my all time favourite games.

My best times on the original were in this game mode Capture the Island.

I appreciate the fact that OFP and Arma 3 are different games and as such some things in one game are not possible in the other.

However, the current CTI game, which I had a quick go on last night, has some major differences to the original.

If possible I would like to speak to someone who has knowledge of Arma 3 and what is possible in the game.

My aim would be to replicate the original as much as possible.

So I am just looking for an exchange of ideas at the moment, if enough of my ideas are possible, then I may look for someone who can develop them or a slim chance I have the time to do it myself.

Please contact me on Steam with a relevant message in friend request, or PM me on here.

My Steam ID is "Skyline-GTR"

Thanks.

If you give the "new" version a chance you will notice it is far superior to the original. Give it a chance, a "quick go" is not enough time to learn it. Check my sig below for details to my server, I'll gladly train you how to operate the new game mode.