spanishsurfer

Arma 3 Benny CTI : How Arma is meant to be played

Fellas/Ladies, Benny has released a beta version of his famous Capture the Island mod. No downloading required, filter for CTI and look for missions with the BE CTI or Benny and join it.

If you can find me playing I will gladly show you how to play this game mode. Or you can read the quick start that Benny created which can be read ingame.

i played 20 min ago, quite funny but always AI centric........ is not pure MP with human players only

Fellas/Ladies, Benny has released a beta version of his famous Capture the Island mod. No downloading required, filter for CTI and look for missions with the BE CTI or Benny and join it.

If you can find me playing I will gladly show you how to play this game mode. Or you can read the quick start that Benny created which can be read ingame.

... yes, this is a very great mission, very good coded, using the most of arma's abilities and really a lot of fun :)

For peoples never played this before, it is very useful (nessecary) to read the online help to understand the basics.

And i would recomment the DEV branch, because of better AI behavoir.

... maybe i meet you in BECTI later .... :o

Yea except currently CTI's like TeeTimes feel like wandering around in a desert and results in people (namely myself) falling asleep in boredom. The other MP missions like Wasteland are horrible in that exact regard. Speaking of fighting a non-existant enemy: Domination/Annex demands absolutely no tactics ether as exclusively "fighting" AI shouldn't count. That's about 95% of the community right there :cry2:

Benny's CTI imo is the only thing that does a good job at mixing PVP/PVE while keeping things from getting too boring and gives each team a clear goal: Destroy the other teams base, or die trying to defend it.

Benny is the only one currently working on something worth playing that I know about.

Edited by Victor

Looking good so far, seems to be shaping up nicely! Just need Altis and more content from BIS to flesh it out and this will be epic!

One glaring bug though is that AI have this strange ability to walk through and subsequently despawn high walls, making them completely useless!

That's just to avoid from AI getting stuck...The high walls are really meant to keep ordinance from hitting your precious buildings and from enemy players getting easy access to the buildings.

---------- Post added at 07:15 ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 ----------

Also, to avoid confusion...Mission names which have BE CTI .9 (or whatever ver that is out) are the only authentic Benny missions. There are several others that take Bennys mission and make modifications to their server. Some are small changes some big. One server has modified the resistance AI to much higher numbers and has not implemented headless client, which results in low FPS for the server and thus the players. Thankfully, these servers change the title of the mission but it can be confusing as some names are things like "Benny's Warfare" or "Graveyards BE Warfare" etc.

There isn't an official release yet I think. You have to join a server that is running the mission and then get the .pbo from "YourUsername"/AppData/Local/Arma3/MPmissionscache

Benny's latest is on our server-search [RCB]

There's also a version i've ported to 'Koplic' island.

i played 20 min ago, quite funny but always AI centric........ is not pure MP with human players only

You would need a 1000 slots servers to reproduce the same effect ! but ,still, you can change parameters to make it 100 % PVP,but agin you will need a lot of players !

Yea except currently CTI's like TeeTimes feel like wandering around in a desert and results in people (namely myself) falling asleep in boredom.

err,... i don't know if you like PVP or not. But i really can't follow your statement - and this is not meant offending, but...

if Teetimes (and that aproxx. 3 or 4 different edited versions of it) doesn't offer you "a Task", then i'm not sure if you're maybe doing something wrong?

Joining empty servers? Not grouping up with others? Not reading Infos about where / how to buy all that nice available Vehicles and Equipment to capture strategically important points?

Again, no offence - and i know everybody likes different styles of gameplay.

But CTI, i think, is the only MP-Gamemode which is NOT boring.

Bennys stuff is great - no doubt!

But if you like CTI with "more Players, more vehicles, more action right from the start and less AI" for example, feel free to join my server (see Signature).

Cya

Blue is right, his version is always full of people and the action is intense...Look harder Victor.

I can sorta see what he's on about. Teetime just isn't the same as Benny's version, I can't quite fathom it out but I think it is down to (in Victor's words) how there are multiple concurrent tasks (i.e. locations to capture) and whilst this is possible in BEW, there was always one task to be prioritised and the majority followed that. I felt as I drove round Stratis, perhaps it was a bit small, that before I could even reach the objective I'd see combat, and at the task locations I'd be taken out almost instantly, usually by some camping snipers.

Call me rubbish at hiding/shooting whatever, but that's my take. The whole mechanism just feels... wrong.

That said, I'm sure Altis will improve things.

Comp_uter15776, is that you in your sig? Curious if you're a fellow aviator.

Oh, my av?

Yeah, that's me alright. About 1 year ago, was at RAF Shawbury on the Squirrel HT1's there. Here's a couple of photos I have:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p206x206/532534_411127888899480_1771644937_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/477556_411163952229207_1906914462_o.jpg

Edit: I know the first is a bit small, dk why it's done that :s

Oh, my av?

Yeah, that's me alright. About 1 year ago, was at RAF Shawbury on the Squirrel HT1's there. Here's a couple of photos I have:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p206x206/532534_411127888899480_1771644937_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/477556_411163952229207_1906914462_o.jpg

Edit: I know the first is a bit small, dk why it's done that :s

Very nice, I've flown the Texan T6-B, T44C Kingair and CASA HC144a. The T6 was like flying any modern day fighter. G-suit, O2mask, and vest w/survival gear in case of a crash. You can google any one of those for photos, we are urged not to post our personal photos.

Very nice, I've flown the Texan T6-B, T44C Kingair and CASA HC144a. The T6 was like flying any modern day fighter. G-suit, O2mask, and vest w/survival gear in case of a crash. You can google any one of those for photos, we are urged not to post our personal photos.

I guess I'll take responsibility for that if it comes to it.

In total I've flown the Grob Tutor 115E, and been in a Dakota, Chinook, Squirrel (duh ;p) . Also glided in a Viking. Closest I got to modern day fighter was the flight sims on the EF2000 at RAF Coningsby, with fully functional actuators and O2.

Now, that's all a bit OT, I guess we should move this to PM or something :x

Cant wait for this, Benny's warfare on Arma2 was excellent, on Arma3 I can imagine it will be amazing.

SpanishSurfer,

maybe you missed it during our conversation on the "graves yard" server. We were "testing" the money system with the increased resistance. Since that time I have decreased the resistance AI and maintained a high income for the players as Benny's Vanilla is set incredibly low and led to complaints.

BTW "Graves yard" is the server and "BE CTI .9 Mo Money ED" is the mission.

My focus right now is on the DEV build in preparation for the release Altis on monday. Your welcome to come check out.

Edited by GraveDancer

SpanishSurfer,

maybe you missed it during our conversation on the "graves yard" server. We were "testing" the money system with the increased resistance. Since that time I have decreased the resistance AI and maintained a high income for the players as Benny's Vanilla is set incredibly low and led to complaints.

BTW "Graves yard" is the server and "BE CTI .9 Mo Money ED" is the mission.

My focus right now is on the DEV build in preparation for the release Altis on monday. Your welcome to come check out.

Graves, good to hear I'll try the server again. Any success at getting HC working?

Altis version anytime soon?

I got a feeling they're already working on it, I just hope it will come out nice and smooth, unlike all the current "rushed" missions that are currently there on Altis. Some offer 30fps, while some already managed to make a wasteland mission which looks decent action wise, but horrible fps wise. Only managed to get 10 frames on it hahah.