Sign in to follow this  
acidcrash

Create unit midgame

ok, before i go on i have searched and havent found what im looking for.

anyway: what i want to do (if possible) is when a unit (my squad) passes through a trigger (west present) some tents appear back at a base camp that you left.  I thought maybe camcreate would do this, but Ive been unable to figure it out

anyone offer any help?

thanks smile.gif

You should be able to use a camcreate command do to this. What part of it are you having trouble with?

thanks,

i tried using the example code snippet from the comref but i have no idea where the co-ords were (how do you find out co-ords btw?), and also whether i actually needed to make a unit first or not.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NewTank = "M1Abrams" camCreate [3000,2500,0]

<span id='postcolor'> that was the example if its any help

Hi. Well you can get the coordinates by placing an object (inspot you want coord) and then going into mission.sqm and there you be.

I tried the camcreate method but it didn't work for me. However what has worked for me is this; place an "invisible H" where you want tents to be, then place the group of tents (or whatever) somewhere out of the way (unseen) some hidden little spot on the island. Then in trigger on Activation:

tentname setPos getPos invisibleH

Hope this helps.....

smile.gif

I'm sure someone knows the camcreate command (in case you don't want to plug up your island with hidden objects.

smile.gif

Discovered last night.., that you can use gamelogic triggers instead of invisible H's. Just choose gamelogic and name it;

then in your other trigger ;

objectname setPos getPos gamelogictriggername

Might be better to start using game logic or at least become acquainted with it.

biggrin.gif