Sign in to follow this  
iguanapl

ARMA 3 / Real Virtuality 4.0 engine Developer's Kit"

Thanks to OFP/ARMA many people have mastered modding skills and sometimes I think they could go further just than making addons for one game. Let's take Day Z or Iron Front for an example. Many of OFP/ARMA fans treat ARMA as an modding platform more than game itself.

I was wondering if there is a chance that someday we will see Complete ARMA III Developer's Kit (or as you like Real Virtuality 4.0 engine) similar to UDK or CryEngine Kit with some sort of indie developers licence (Like X % of profits like CryEngine)? Nowadays, thanks to initiatives like KickStarter, SteamGreenlight, GOG etc. , many people who treat addon making as a hobby, can finally try to take a big shot and become indie developer. The passion, skills and commitment of OFP/ARMA modding community makes it very possible that some of their indie projects could be very successful products.

I am very curious what others have to say on this subject.

Edited by iguanapl

Thanks to OFP/ARMA many people have mastered modding skills and sometimes I think they could go further just than making addons for one game. Let's take Day Z or Iron Front for an example. Many of OFP/ARMA fans treat ARMA as an modding platform more than game itself.

I was wondering if there is a chance that someday we will see Complete ARMA III Developer's Kit similar to UDK or CryEngine Kit with some sort of indie developers licence (Like X % of profits like CryEngine)? Nowadays, thanks to initiatives like KickStarter, SteamGreenlight, GOG etc. , many people who treat addon making as a hobby, can finally try to take a big shot and become indie developer. The passion, skills and commitment of OFP/ARMA modding community makes it very possible that some of their indie projects could be very successful products.

Not entirely sure what the idea behind this would be :s

I mean, we're already given practically everything the developers have, so short of making a game ourselves lol...

Ehhh, more like "the prior game's dev kit"... we're still waiting on Arma 3-specific tools, and there's no ETA on those except after launch.

I was wondering if there is a chance that someday we will see Complete ARMA III Developer's Kit similar to UDK or CryEngine Kit with some sort of indie developers licence (Like X % of profits like CryEngine)? Nowadays, thanks to initiatives like KickStarter, SteamGreenlight, GOG etc. , many people who treat addon making as a hobby, can finally try to take a big shot and become indie developer. The passion, skills and commitment of OFP/ARMA modding community makes it very possible that some of their indie projects could be very successful products.

we will be Lucky, if we will have the visitor with road tool

Not to worry. ARMA 3 modding tools will be available sooner or later - I think that BIS is focusing on polishing ARMA 3 final version right now. What I meant in my first post is that ARMA 3 (Real Virtuality 4.0) engine seems to be great indie game engine - way more user frienldy and better than UDK etc in many ways. In my opinion BIS should try to create similar license offer. I predict that many funny and good games could be created with this. Take on Mars??? What could be next :P hehe.

Edited by iguanapl

Not to worry. ARMA 3 modding tools will be available sooner or later - I think that BIS is focusing on polishing ARMA 3 final version right now. What I meant in my first post is that ARMA 3 engine seems to be great indie game engine - way more user frienldy and better than UDK etc in many ways. In my opinion BIS should try to create similar license offer. I predict that many funny and good games could be created with this. Take on Mars??? What could be next :P hehe.

Ohh, that makes more sense. You mean Real Virtuality 4.0 engine, right. Yeah, that'd be a fairly neat idea. Although, as kylania/F2k know, I can't even handle basic scripting correctly so God help us all if I get my hands on an SDK xD

Not to worry. ARMA 3 modding tools will be available sooner or later - I think that BIS is focusing on polishing ARMA 3 final version right now. What I meant in my first post is that ARMA 3 engine seems to be great indie game engine - way more user frienldy and better than UDK etc in many ways. In my opinion BIS should try to create similar license offer. I predict that many funny and good games could be created with this. Take on Mars??? What could be next :P hehe.

the modding tool in this case, are able to manage the entire graphic engine in the source too, otherwise in cryengine , for example you have the editor for cryssis and the engine sdk but not the crysis's asset, and all, from to cpp to the assets, have to made form scratch

Take on mars isn' t using rv engine, but carrier command one.

Yes I know. I just used it as an example of original idea for a game :)