sandman1980

Missions download by Steam Workshop (where it stored?)

Hi, i have a doubt. When i download a mission from the Steam Workshop i can´t find where the mission is stored. I see it in the list of Scenarios, etc. But where is the physical file? I ask this because i want to put multiplayer missions from Workshop to my Dedicated Server (Hosted by a gamehost) and i can´t find the files to upload to my server.

Thanks.

Around here somewhere: C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\35326227\ugc\download\921271110161765191

If not there, look through the folders here: C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\35326227

• Like 1

Strange, for me they're in My Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\x\Saved\steam.

The only Steam\userdata\ folders I have start 3298, 1013 and 1358

• Like 1

Yeah, looks to me like they are in the Profiles directory. Couldn't find any evidence in the steam game directory other than the last one played.

• Like 1

Your save games are there, sure seeing as that's the "saved" folder you're talking about, but the missions themselves save down to the userdata folder under Steam.

Your save games are there, sure seeing as that's the "saved" folder you're talking about, but the missions themselves save down to the userdata folder under Steam.

Not for me. They are clearly "saved" and mixed in with the save game data. Or at least the same directory type structure as save games.

Maybe BIS can clarify what is really going on.

Not for me either.

Really is not comfortable download MP missions from steam when you use a Hosted Game Server. :q:

They apparently changed how this works I guess? The files I downloaded during dev branch testing ended up in the 'remote' folder under Steam. Now after coming out on Stable they are indeed in the Saved folders under the ArmA3 profile.

Still horribly named files though. :)

Message from George at the feedback tracker:

That is handled differently. The mission PBO is now part of the workshop mission save. When you load the game, the mission pbo is loaded from the save. If you restart (revert) the mission, new mission is downloaded from the steam.

This way you can resume the previously saved game and finish it without worrying the author will break your saves by updating the mission. If you want to play last version you need to restart the game. In general, there is no safe way to load old save on new mission, because it depends on the changes done in the newer version (new scripts, new units in the map...).

How silly. This is why I'm just downloading missions, ripping them apart and using them normally rather than deal with all these problems of moving files, overwriting what I thought I had, missing content from the workshop itself. Just download it and move it to missions so I know what I have and where I have it.

• Like 1

@Sethenor, that is actually really great. I was wondering about that and worried my save games would be clobbered by any Steam updates. Do you have a link to the feedback tracker on this? Is this actually implemented now and in the stable release or is this coming down the pipe at some point?

@kylania, if the above is actually released already its actually a pretty decent solution if you ask me.

I've run into far more times when I've needed to roll back a mission version or check how something was done in x version of a mission than times where I've been genuinely happy that I could download a mission with a single click.

I download 6 missions from steam but none are in my appdata/local/arma3/SteamMissionsCache its empty in the SteamPreviewCache folder there is the pictures from the mission that i have but can't find the dam pbo's checked in the main mission folder in steam libary and nothing ?

I've run into far more times when I've needed to roll back a mission version or check how something was done in x version of a mission than times where I've been genuinely happy that I could download a mission with a single click.

I think for you standard user this will be a great system. For the rest of us hopefully the small number of times you need to do what you are describing, downloads of missions will still be hosted somewhere.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

I download 6 missions from steam but none are in my appdata/local/arma3/SteamMissionsCache its empty in the SteamPreviewCache folder there is the pictures from the mission that i have but can't find the dam pbo's checked in the main mission folder in steam libary and nothing ?

Cause you are looking in the wrong place. Read above.

Mine too. So to delete them just delete them here?

The problem is that I have a small SSD running my OS and so it saves them on here. I'll have to cut them out. Like a cancer.

Is it not possible to delete them through steam by clicking unsubscribe?

Is it not possible to delete them through steam by clicking unsubscribe?

Yes it is, you HAVE to unsubscribe to remove the content, you cant just delete it from the profile folder,

The problem is finding that mission you wanted but couldn't keep installed, from hundreds of others missions

We should still have the option to save the files and run it in mod folders.

I know about the my documents /arma3/missions/ it is the first place I checked that is why I started looking in other places and came across the above folders and have not found the pbo any where, I checked the main game folder in missions only the mission pbos from armaholic are in there so I am a bit stumped.

I am running the dev build.

The missions don't appear to actually download till you try to run them I think. Like I'm subscribed to 5-6 missions but only two I've actually played are on this PC.

Looks like the downloaded PBOs are now stored in \Steam\userdata\<yourID>\ugc\referenced

Looks like the downloaded PBOs are now stored in \Steam\userdata\<yourID>\ugc\referenced

They're also in My Documents\Arma 3\Other Profiles\doveman\Saved\Steam\ for me.