Sign in to follow this  
azrapse

FPS sections skipper

Hi.

I know that I have other two mods unfinished, but by reading the drama in the Steam forums about the FPS parts being for some people little less than pure distilled agony... Do you think it would help the game to be more "appetizing" for these people if we craft a mod that lets the player skip a FPS gameplay sections by hitting the K key or something?

Do you think that would be positive or negative for the game overall?

I'm not sure if it would be worth doing, the fps sections aren't that bad imo and they tie the different parts of the story together. It might end up a bit disjointed if you skip them. Also people who install and play the game for the first time are going to play through the campaign vanilla, they probably won't look for mods initially until they have beaten it or at least played through for a good while, at that point they have made their mind up and will either like and appreciate the game for what it is and then perhaps seek out mods to further their enjoyment or they will just move onto another game. But you know having said that it might still be a good mod to have for people who want to replay the campaign, personally though I don't think I will replay the campaign because the strategy has the random island setups etc. for replayabilty.

Try and make the walking smoother, I hate that speeding up/slowing down effect. Also make the robots a bit harder because they all seem like tinfoil.

I think it would break too much of the campaign. If I remember correctly from my single full playthrough, a lot of achievements/objectives were in those sections. There are already people complaining about bugs with objectives and I think this would add to the headache. As I already said on Steam, nobody if forcing anybody to play those FPS parts, the strategy game is there for all to see and it is the REAL game anyway.

I would like to see a mod that gives the player the ability to exit a Walrus and go FPS on the islands, this is already available in the campaign, so it should be possible to implement.