Sign in to follow this  
lev

Supporter Edition vs Limited Deluxe Edition

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/14/arma-3-limited-deluxe-edition-detailed-for-september-12-launch-contents-inside/

It was confirmed earlier today that there will be a Limited Deluxe Edition with a physical copy plus some other goodies including a physical map of Altis. A few months ago I was under the impression that there would not be a physical copy and so I grabbed the supporter edition right away. Now that there is a physical copy, is there a way for us early adopters of A3 to get a copy and with the map? We wouldn't need a key for the game since we already have it, but it would be nice to be able to get the box, map and disc + case. Is Bohemia planning some way for us early supporters to get a hold of these physical goods?

I was actually thinking about this, especially since I bought the digital deluxe, which implied there wasn't a physical...

Am I seeing a map of keybindings lol?

Because you're not going to have changed 90% of them within the hour? :p

Am I seeing a map of keybindings lol?

Because you're not going to have changed 90% of them within the hour? :p

The keyboard map is great for first-timers who are just getting started with the game. If you're changing the keybindings, you probably already know what you're doing.

I'd really love physical copies of those maps. I too was under the impression that since this was a Steam game it wouldn't be retail boxed and I wasn't missing out pre-ordering. I paid for the previous hard copy maps, so I guess I'll pay for this too. Expensive PDFs for supporters, but oh well. :)

I'd really love physical copies of those maps. I too was under the impression that since this was a Steam game it wouldn't be retail boxed and I wasn't missing out pre-ordering. I paid for the previous hard copy maps, so I guess I'll pay for this too. Expensive PDFs for supporters, but oh well. :)

This. I'm a sucker for collectibles XD I'll probably still buy another copy or something ^.^ After all, ArmA's a team game, I could just give the code to a friend or something.

I'd like to get an official answer form a BIS representative please. A lot of us here did pay early and pay extra and it would not be a good experience to miss out on goodies like the map just because we tried to support BIS.

I'd like to get an official answer form a BIS representative please. A lot of us here did pay early and pay extra and it would not be a good experience to miss out on goodies like the map just because we tried to support BIS.

We're gonna get the maps anyway, just digital copies of them. So we're not really missing out on anything we paid for. Though, we did probably pay a shitload more than retail people are paying (assuming they won't try to price retail at twice the cost of Steam, which is what we paid) and they get physical maps so... yeah.

Does anyone know if the physical limited deluxe edition will be available to USA residents?

Thanks.

We're gonna get the maps anyway, just digital copies of them. So we're not really missing out on anything we paid for. Though, we did probably pay a shitload more than retail people are paying (assuming they won't try to price retail at twice the cost of Steam, which is what we paid) and they get physical maps so... yeah.

Well a digital map isn't really the same thing. And once the game is out I'm sure anyone can find a digital version online.

Also from the lack of official BIS response I am assuming they are not gonna do anything for us supporters. So anyone who purchased early is kinda getting screwed here.

Someone will make a digital version of Altis, that is a given. Just look at the maps you can now find for Chernarus.

4 sheets of A3 paper should do it right? :)

Edited by dale0404

That's a bummer. I too was under the impression there was no physical copy. Seems like something they should have made known.

Per todays News

Deluxe owners: if you are wondering where your bonuses are, look for your Arma 3 installation folder - the Bonus sub-folder specifically! Commonly, this is a folder in a path like this: \Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Bonus

This applies to digital versions from Store.bistudio.com and Steam, as well as selected retail Deluxe editions.

The bonuses you'll find there:

Soundtrack (FLAC & MP3) - first 6 tracks, and more coming with the campaign episodes

Altis & Stratis 'paper' Map (PDF)

Tactical Guide (PDF with 300+ pages!) - also available as separate purchase on Store.bistudio.com soon

Tactical Guide is HUGE !

Maps have good detail.

..... now, wheres that A2 printer? :D

Seems like people are missing the point of Supporter edition. Demanding stuff after seems odd since it was optional at the time :)

Seems like people are missing the point of Supporter edition. Demanding stuff after seems odd since it was optional at the time :)

It's more like it was a poor marketing decision by BIS to maintain an inconsistent bundle-pricing structure. The way they structured their packages seemed to indicate that there would not be a physical bundle later on. And usually when someone pays for the largest bundle, they expect to get all the goodies that come with it. As a customer it is a bit annoying when the company isn't transparent with their pricing packages and now someone who is paying less can get a physical map whereas my intention to support BIS is costing me that. Sure maybe BIS will update their map pack in the future but the point still stands that the supporters would have to incur extra cost to get something that non-supporters already have simply because they chose not to support BIS.