Sign in to follow this  
thecanadianvending

3rd Person and Vehicle Editor Camera Error

Hello! I do not know if this has been fixed, but from what I see it is not

Now, there is a problem When ever in third person or the Vehicle editor, the smallest movement of the mouse moves the cameras directly up and spins.

Now, it is not my joystick plugged in or anything of the such. I am running windows 7 with a AMD Graphics card.

Now, off topic of the title thread, when ever I start a scenario or the editor, it freezes forever. Is there a fix yet?

Hello! I do not know if this has been fixed, but from what I see it is not

Now, there is a problem When ever in third person or the Vehicle editor, the smallest movement of the mouse moves the cameras directly up and spins.

Now, it is not my joystick plugged in or anything of the such. I am running windows 7 with a AMD Graphics card.

Now, off topic of the title thread, when ever I start a scenario or the editor, it freezes forever. Is there a fix yet?

That is very peculiar. This does not occur normally, but from what you wrote I did not catch whether you actually had a joystick plugged in or not. If you do, quit the game, unplug the joystick, and then load the game again. If it still occurs, let me know, but if you have any gamepad or anything plugged in, try unplugging it to see if it helps. Obviously we want to support joysticks and the sort, but we need to know if it is the source of the error.

As for the freeze you speak of when starting the editor, that is very strange. We just did a major update today to the main build, so could you try the new version (should be shown as version 0.8.0174) and see if it still happens?

Hello once again, I can confirm when starting the scenarios and the editor it will still freeze up. This also causes me not being able to alt tab and having to end the process to exit.

Now with the camera bug. Now instead on directly up it is only facing horizontal, and spins. My suggestion is until you find the source of the problem, maybe add different camera controls (IE: The Numpad's 8, 4, 6, and 2)

Sorry, it seems I didn't answer your joystick question. I did as said and it still happens. I unplugged it before gameplay and during the game and it seems to still happen. And with that, the hat switch doesn't move the camera. Although I haven't tried plugging the joystick in before the game and trying to use it. If I do not edit this post, then I have tried and it didn't work

Sorry for bumping

Ah, cheers for the reminder. Could you please try running the game in compatibility mode? Perhaps it will help. Let me know please.

What do you mean? I have to run in windows 98 mode otherwise it won't run at all.

Oh, so you are running it in windows 98 compatibility mode then right? If so then that may also be the reason why the mouse is moving all over the place - had someone else report that issue.

Could you try running it in normal mode (ie: not compatibility mode), and when it fails to start copy the contents of the following files and post them here?

G:\Steam\userdata\YOUR STEAM ID\244030\local\ccsettings.xml

G:\Steam\userdata\YOUR STEAM ID\244030\local\console.log

G:\Steam\userdata\YOUR STEAM ID\244030\local\error.log

G:\Steam\userdata\YOUR STEAM ID\244030\local\filesystem.log

If some do not exist than it is ok. From these we'll be able to determine why it isn't starting (hopefully).

crash.log

---------------------------------------------
Log J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\80922134\244030\local\crash.log started at 19.08. 21:36:27

------------------------------------
DANYLUK-HP, 19.08 2013 21:36:27
Unhandled exception

Program: ...OGRA~3\Steam\STEAMA~1\common\TAKEON~1\TKOM.exe
Reason: Access violation. Illegal read by 102a8507 at 0

[enf::XAudio2System::UpdateSounds]: ??? addr:0x102a8507
[enf::XAudio2System::UpdateSounds]: ??? addr:0x102a8507

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Runtime mode

error.log

Log J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\80922134\244030\local\error.log started at 25.09. 15:27:00

Loading config '$profile:ccsettings.xml'
IFileSystemWin32::RequestPage->ReadFile failed with >GetLastError 87
Can't load config 'ccsettings.xml' because of 'Error document empty.'
Can't load config 'ccsettings.xml' because of it's empty
Loading config '$profile:ccsettings.xml'
Can't load config 'ccsettings.xml' because of 'Error document empty.'

Filesystem.log

Log J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\80922134\244030\local\filesystem.log started at 25.09. 15:27:00

15:27:00:0610 R J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\80922134\244030\local\ccsettings.xml
15:27:00:0610 R J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\80922134\244030\local\ccsettings.xml
15:27:00:0612 R .\ccsettings.xml
15:27:00:0612 W J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\80922134\244030\local\ccsettings.xml
15:27:00:0614 R J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\80922134\244030\local\ccsettings.xml

This is all I can find and use properly. Thanks

Cheers! Hmm, this line tells me there is a problem with the ccsettings.xml. Could you try deleting the G:\Steam\userdata\YOUR STEAM ID\244030\local\ folder? (though, this will delete your saves as well). It will hopefully help. There must be something amiss. If that fails, try uninstalling the game, deleting this folder as well:

G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Take On Mars\

Then installing the game again.

Hi, cheers for the bump, have had no time to sort through these things. So, to address the ccsettings..

Try opening the ccsettings.xml in a text editor (something such as notepad++ ideally) and completely replacing its contents with this:

<config version="1.0">
   <filesystem>
       <path directory="mars_locations.pak" />
       <path directory="mars_data.pak" />
       <path directory="mars_gig.pak" />
       <path directory="./" />
   </filesystem>
   <video fullscreen="1" texturedetail="0" shadow="3" texturefilter="1" maxaniso="1" geometricdetail="2" vsync="1" gamma="0" noshadergen="1" screenwidth="1024" screenheight="768" modeldetail="0" omnishadow="0" llevel="2" />
   <render terraindetail="3" oceandetail="1" grassdist="16" postprocess="3" grasslod="3" geometricdetail="4" terrainsalpha="1" grassquality="1" reflections="0" fxaa="0" />
   <videorecorder codec="xvid" halfsize="1" config="1" framerate="30" />
   <audio effectsvolume="39" musicvolume="10" quality="2" outputrate="44100" eax="0" occlusion="1" reverb="1" />
   <network port="9234">
       <player name="John Doe" />
       <limit count="8" />
   </network>
   <controls autoaim="1" invert="1" aircraft="1.000000" joypadonscreenhints="1">
       <sensitivity aircraft="80" />
       <mousespeed horizontal="111" vertical="99" />
   </controls>
   <misc subtitles="1" currlanguage="English" profile="Dram">
       <language name="English" />
   </misc>
   <database localdb="1" forcepreload="0" />
   <gamemode />
   <version build="0.8.0246" />
</config>

Hi, sorry for not replying for some time. We had lot of work with latest update. Dram knows about your problem and he's trying to find some solution. ;-)

Yeah it appears that to solve your problem the best thing to do would be to allow disabling of the mouse for input for cameras. We'll make this available in the new year. Take care and enjoy the holidays!

I had also posted this same camera issue on the tracker. Sadly this issue is also in Carrier Command: Gaea Mission. I recently tried out the demo and found I had to run in win98 compatibility mode and had the exact same mouse/camera issue there as well.

No word on a fix for this aside from remapping to key controls? Would that help for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission too? Would like to play both games as they're meant to be played.

Bug ID: 0000111

Edited by Jayseph
Added Link to Bug ID in tracker.

We'll be looking into the cause of this on monday. Hopefully we'll get it fixed properly without having to resort to key controls for the camera instead for you guys.

Fingers crossed you guys tackle it! Would the fix also apply to Carrier Command: Gaea Mission?