Sign in to follow this  
sqb-sma

Video Memory/Texture settings stuck at normal OA/CO ONLY!

Hey guys, so I've read the other threads on similar topics, but still haven't managed to get this working, any help or input would be appreciated.

Ok, so Arma 2 runs fine, Default video memory and very high textures = good looking graphics. In Arma 2 OA and CO the first time I run them (or create a new profile) I can set video memory as default and the textures to very high but it causes the textures to downgrade massively, setting the textures to normal makes the textures "upgrade" from super blurry to normal textures. But selecting high or very high makes them go blurry again. Once I restart the game it's capped at normal. This still only happens in OA/CO, A2 is unaffected.

Arma2.cfg

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=2;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=378394624;

nonlocalVRAM=378394624;

Windowed=0;

Arma2OA.cfg

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1024;

FSAA=3;

postFX=4;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=349034496;

nonlocalVRAM=349034496;

Windowed=0;

AToC=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

vsync=1;

Specs:

• GPU: ATI 6870 1GB VRAM
  • CPU: I5-3570k @4.4Ghz OC
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • 750W Coolermaster PSU
  • 7200RPM HDD

Things I've tried.

-winxp version

-Maxmem = 4096/8192

-MaxVRAM = 1024/512

Modification of the .cfg file to replicate the Arma2.cfg file, and setting it to read only.

Removal/auto generation of new profile/cfg.

All to no effect :(

If you'd like any other files just ask, thanks!

Edited by SQB-SMA

Whats the set viewdistance. because to me it sound lieke a view distance problem. I get this whenever i set it above 7000m

Whats the set viewdistance. because to me it sound lieke a view distance problem. I get this whenever i set it above 7000m

Thanks for the suggestion, I turned all other graphical settings down (view distance to 500) and it didn't free up any options, even once the app has been restarted.

For some unknown reason Arma 2 seems to recognize that you have only 333 MB of VRAM.

This used to happen a lot in previous and early versions of the game.

Your cpu has an integrated gpu, uninstall any related drivers and disable it from the bios. If it still shows up in device manager disable it there too.

If this already done and doesn't work, try other versions of graphics drivers. Go with latest first and then try some older ones.

For some unknown reason Arma 2 seems to recognize that you have only 333 MB of VRAM.

This used to happen a lot in previous and early versions of the game.

Your cpu has an integrated gpu, uninstall any related drivers and disable it from the bios. If it still shows up in device manager disable it there too.

If this already done and doesn't work, try other versions of graphics drivers. Go with latest first and then try some older ones.

I noticed that too, but as I said it works fine in Arma 2 (379mb Vram detected) and not in Arma 2 OA (349mb Vram detected). Is that the threshold? I thought that they were too close to make a difference.

I should've mentioned in the first post I've gone from 13.8 beta drivers (AMD) to 12 and then to 13.4 with no effect on the game.

But I think you're on to something, as the CPU/MOBO is a new addition since last time I played A2, a few months back, and it's the first CPU/mobo setup I've had with a fairly good integrated GPU.

Leave only 4GB of system memory and try.