progamer

A Large Fixed Wing transport aircraft for Arma 3

This video here shows the A-400M and shows quite a few of the in game vehicles being transported on it.

Watch the entire video then discuss it please. I'd sat from the video that this is the perfect aircraft for Arma 3 and would fit the story quite nicely.

Airbus Military A400M The Versatile Airlifter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4yGznAYZXU

Oh god it can refuel other aircraft too? Imagine if BIS actually made that possible? wWowowOWoWowowoWOWOwowowo

Oh god it can refuel other aircraft too? Imagine if BIS actually made that possible? wWowowOWoWowowoWOWOwowowo

Its countermeasures are also automatic! And I have seen images of it refueling helicopters.

Just dreaming, but after watching the video, do you imagine a A400 variant in A3 that would work for air refuel? To avoid planes/osprey having to return to base to get a refuel from a truck?

EDIT: Woops, dezkit was faster than me xD

Edited by MistyRonin
EDIT

Just dreaming, but after watching the video, do you imagine a A400 variant in A3 that would work for air refuel? To avoid planes/osprey having to return to base to get a refuel from a truck?

EDIT: Woops, dezkit was faster than me xD

Would be completely pointless in the Altis map, but yet awesome at the same time.

Would be completely pointless in the Altis map, but yet awesome at the same time.

It would depend on the mission.

Out of the two transport planes, C-17 and A400M i would pick the A400M, those propellers are simply badass.

Not to mention the other cool stuff like re-fuelling choppers, now that´s insane.

Need a bigger map though :) Twice the size of Altis would be sweet. And break your computer in two pieces.

Out of the two transport planes, C-17 and A400M i would pick the A400M, those propellers are simply badass.

Not to mention the other cool stuff like re-fuelling choppers, now that´s insane.

Need a bigger map though :) Twice the size of Altis would be sweet. And break your computer in two pieces.

The map is big enough for the A400M, just look at how Arma 2 had a C-130.

The A400 could be implemented to make the game reality more believable.

If the world were only Altis, there is no point in having such asset. But as it is supposed to be only a little island country, it makes sense that from other parts of the world they use A400 to send stuff to the island.

A CAS variant would improve gameplay and a air refuel version would give mission makers more possibilities ( though I think right now there are other priorities than air refuel ).

The map is big enough for the A400M, just look at how Arma 2 had a C-130.

Still to small to really be fully usable with the refueling etc.

Great for dropping gear and troops like a quick in and out type of thing but to fly along refueling stuff in a PVP match fight is just not going to happen.

There´s too little space for that sort of thing.

But of course i would love a proper transport plane in the game. But to really let it stretch it´s legs sort of you would have to have something like Altis and Stratis combined with some sea inbetween. in my opinion.

Great for dropping gear and troops like a quick in and out type of thing but to fly along refueling stuff in a PVP match fight is just not going to happen.

But of course i would love a proper transport plane in the game. But to really let it stretch it´s legs sort of you would have to have something like Altis and Stratis combined with some sea inbetween. in my opinion.

Air to air refueling worked well with ACE in Arma 2, and Arma 3's map is bigger.

Agree. Is why I propose the An72. Great for those short rough airfields.

BIS has better things to spend their time on. If a Mod'er makes a big transport, no problem.

Lots of things don't happen in public PvP, we shouldn't let that hold us back.

Watched a Falcon BMS video last night as i went to bed. Now that´s a huge map, they actually flew for something like 25-30 minutes until they got to their target.

That´s the sort of map refuelling will be needed.

But as i said before, i want one A400M for dropping troops and vehicles and ammoboxes for the guys near the battlefield.

Would be great if there would be transport plane in armA 3. One thing though, It can't use most of the soft airstrips, the Buzzard even has trouble taking of from those (rally cross) airstrips.

Would be great if there would be transport plane in armA 3. One thing though, It can't use most of the soft airstrips, the Buzzard even has trouble taking of from those (rally cross) airstrips.

Well in the A400 advertising video they say that it can be used even rough terrain ( btw I have managed to rally and take of with the Buzzard in all the airstrips, and yeah I've lots of freetime ).

I find it very easy to take off from all of the runways on Altis, I can even take off of multiple roads and grass fields.

The Buzzard has issues on paved runways also, something wrong with the collision /physics with the wheels as it bounces all over the place. I'd say this is what is also causing it to not able to taxi properly because there is to much friction going on with the wheels.

Edited by AUS_Twisted

So from what we see the A-400m would be a suitable replacement for our beloved A2 C-130.

Looking at Page 254 of the Tactical Guide Dslyecxi has written for arma 3, we can expect a "C-192 Samson Cargo Plane" (future C-130).

Looking at Page 254 of the Tactical Guide Dslyecxi has written for arma 3, we can expect a "C-192 Samson Cargo Plane" (future C-130).

that name has also been found in the localisations

Correct. You'll also find the wreck model for it in the editor. It's just a C-130 from the looks of it.

Correct. You'll also find the wreck model for it in the editor. It's just a C-130 from the looks of it.

Pretty much. The guide has a great picture of one sitting on the tarmac in the Aircraft section.

The developers have not confirmed this yet, so it could be just another discontinued vehicle for the game. We do not know wether dyslexi made this with current info or with new information. Making a reskinned future C-130 would just be plain lazy for them. The A-400M is the C-130's successor. And is a very logical choice for a transport aircraft in Arma 3. It appears like dyslexi used the AllInArma mod to take those photos. Because hopefully we would see the A-400m for NATO and mabey the C130 as a plane for the AAF because they wouldn't have the money to buy a better transport aircraft.

---------- Post added at 02:29 ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 ----------

Pretty much. The guide has a great picture of one sitting on the tarmac in the Aircraft section.
that name has also been found in the localisations

It is the Arma 2 C-130 and unless AAF is getting a transport aircraft then it's a placeholder.

Edited by ProGamer

All these planes are probably most likely to be decommissioned by 2035. There is a new stealth C-130 coming out though. http://www.asian-defence.net/2011/09/lockheed-martins-stealth-c-130.html

The C5, C17, and An-124 are good for another 40 years with upgrades, hell the C130 has been in service for almost that long. Proof of concept is the B52, F4 (Which is still in service in some countries). You must realize the only thing the Air force really replaces as it ages are the Fighters, even some of those are 30-40 years old, however they have been massively upgraded.

And the only way for a C130 to be stealth is for it to be broken up into pieces and transported by electric powered 18wheelers. Those damned things fly over my house every few months at low level, sometimes AC130's, and i tell you good sir, no way in hell will that thing ever be stealth.