Sign in to follow this  
SpacemanSpiff

Final patch for A3 beta clearly lacking things that were said to included b4 release?

In the most recent video they mention the fact that it is in BIS interest to release Altis to the dev branch prior to launch yet with the final patch from what I can tell it only patched to the same as the dev branches previous patch. Altis aside now the drones are not coming to beta and we are not seeing shotguns in the final list of items yet there is ammo? Just curious as to why there is an early release yet without content? I do recall them saying that they wanted to get Altis into our hands as quick as possible as one of the reasons for early release. However wouldn't that be just as easily accomplished by releasing it into the beta. Thus allowing them to refine and release the content they deemed unworthy for the new launch date on the previously decided launch window? I have been around since OFP and am used to post release patching adding loads of content. However I am just curious why things are said in videos and in other situations only to be proven completely wrong by patching and release information. Either way I am fine waiting just curious as to this phenomena due to the confusion it causes my friends and I. Hope this didn't come across angry or flaming in anyway. Just asking questions out loud. :)

In the most recent video they mention the fact that it is in BIS interest to release Altis to the dev branch prior to launch yet with the final patch from what I can tell it only patched to the same as the dev branches previous patch [...] I am just curious why things are said in videos and in other situations only to be proven completely wrong by patching and release information

This is the last default branch update; there are further updates (drones, Altis, AI) planned for the development branch, which are yet to be deployed.

This was announced in the stream, so nothing is 'proven completely wrong', so far as I can tell. :cool:

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

You are completely missing the point. Altis is going to be released on the Dev branch as well as the drone package.

This is the last default branch update; there are further updates (drones, Altis, AI) planned for the development branch, which are yet to be deployed.

when you mentioned AI, does that relate to MORE AI fixes :D :D :D