Sign in to follow this  
Drunkrobot

News on updates

I'm maybe just a blind fool who lives under a rock, but I can't find anywhere that updates and patches are announced. Can the devs maybe add a thread on the News sub-forum where such things can be announced, preferably with a change-log?

Yes, I'm aware of the change-log in the main menu, I'm just wondering if there is a more streamlined way of finding out if an update has came. Thanks!

Well dev build updates are daily (sometimes even 2x per day), while main build updates are once in about two weeks. Those are announced, but Dev build updates are not.

It would be great if we could somehow identify on which patch level we are exactly - because so far the version number seems only to increment with a stable branch update and is therefore pretty useless on the development branch.

Please put in a build number somewhere (or increment the version number with every patch) and reference it in the patch notes. That way it would be much easier to talk about specific patches and to check if oneself is on the same level as everybody else already (or needs to give the steam client a swift kick).

Yeah we will do something about this, the build number is planned to change for each dev build. Announcements will also be done as well. More info tomorrow

No problem :) Always happy to give you guys more info. Just an update for today's dev build, here are the changes:

15th August 2013:

- Added uploading of photos to Steam via the vehicle's photo viewer on the map

- Reduced opacity of landing HUD grid

- Removed HUD modes from the Radial Menu (to be used for dynamic actions)

14th August 2013:

- Added manual landing of vehicles (Landers and Rovers)

- Added T5 Small rover

- Adjusted descent cam rotation by 90 degrees

- Adjusted landers thrusters to keep straight while thrusting

- Adjusted priorities etc in several Kaiser Crater missions