Sign in to follow this  
xendance

Auto elevation weapon control

I just noticed the "auto elevation" control in the settings and tested it out. It seems to automatically adjust gun elevation if you have a target locked (at least with the wheeled nato apc), which is nice. Though I ran into some problems with it, I couldn't turn it off unless I un-locked the target. Shouldn't page up and down override the auto setting? Seems rather unintuitive the way it currently is.

Also while I was testing it, it seemed that the shots hit too too much to the right, even though I had the target centered in my sights and the target wasn't moving. What gives?

Edit: It seems that the elevation goes to "auto" immediately after you lock a target... The aiming errors are there still though.

So what does the "auto elevation" do then?

Edited by Xendance

This one is for artillery, mortars don't have computer powerful enough to do the maths, but stronger artillery pieces are going to have some :icon_twisted:

Wow

I have to say I am very positively suprised to see such system implemented!

Btw: It doesnt only compensate for bullet drop but also for speed of target.

Wow

I have to say I am very positively suprised to see such system implemented!

Btw: It doesnt only compensate for bullet drop but also for speed of target.

You talking about the auto range adjustment on some of the vehicles when you lock onto a target? Aye, it seems to do that. Though it doesn't seem to understand that it shouldn't lead stationary vehicles.