Sign in to follow this  
Sloba_iz_Groba

Sniper Problems

Hello

First of all, the over all game is quite good, but I think there is a place for improvement.

I mostly play TDM (king of the hill) and HOLD (when I can find a server). I mostly play Sniper, and first thing what looks funny to me is that Snipers is one hit kill no mater what distance or where did hi hit you. I shot people in a leg or arm and it was one hit kill. As ARMA is going to realism please can you change that, as it is to easy for a sniper to kill someone from a huge distance.

The second thing is the problem whit the glitches when players are on the stairs in the buildings, it some time show them jumping around the walls and building. I am shore you already have complains about this.

Now there are some over all game problems not depending on the Sniper. I see a helicopter full of enemy, I menage to kill the pilot, the heli then dives in to the ground killing all inside, but I get scored just one kill. Also there are a lag issue when there are to many players in the same area. It is not much, and you can learn to take advantage of that, but still I think that this is quite a serious problem. I played ARAM II whit more them 100 people on the map, here there are just 60, my ping is around 40-50, and I get lag.

Are you talking about the .408 and the .50 sniper rifles? If so, then it is fine that these are one hit kills. If one of those bullets hits a leg or an arm, then you've had an arm or a leg.

About the heli kill. This is a mil-sim, not battlefield.

Yup, if you'd get hit by a .408 and other anti-material rounds like that then you'd pretty much lose your arm or leg, so it's realistic. Hell it can even penetrate brick walls and tanks in real life, so you could imagine what a hit like that would do to a living person. And Jurra is right, this isn't battlefield or some standard fps and never will be, you took down a chopper and that's the most important thing, if you want scores, rewards, ranks or anything like that then ArmA can't be for you.

He clearly stated he likes to play Arma in TDM and thus I have to agree he should get awarded with all the kills caused by taking down the chopper. But for now, when the chopper crashes, the players inside get killed by the impact, not by the player, because Arma doesn't take the cause of the crash into account. For TDM something like this would be crucial though. It's not like the OP invented the Arma TDM game mode - it's even part of the game.

Arma is a sandbox and you can play it as you please.

Correct, it's a sandbox, not a stats based shooter. He stopped the helicopter from dropping off it's troops. That should be more important than getting 3 extra gold stars for doing a super swell job. If he wants points, leader boards, stat whoring, achievements, gold stars and kill streaks he's playing the wrong game.

It is not a sandbox as long as you have marked teams and any missions. But again I do not wont to discus here what a sandbox really is.

You guys seams ware not close to a real war or some emergency situation. You cold survive, even fight whit one leg or arm gone. Tv documentaries are sponsored by arm manufacturers and are not that real, they use that as adds to sell weapons, do not belive to anything they say. I hit the guys from from couple of km in the leg and hi is dead, I do not think that is fair. Also those bluets go quite in a strait line, do not drop to much on a long distances.

As for the killing the heli pilot, for example if heli or some armored vehicle shots at the truck full of players they got all the kills. I know that this is not important for you guys who play Coop or some missions, but in HOLD or TDM this is important, as you get cash as much as you kill, and whit that cash you buy weapons every time you get killed. For example if I kill just one guy I will not have money to buy my favorite weapon.

What is interested is that I played couple of months ago some other game, also wrote some text, small critics on some aspect of the game, and I got the same replay as here, this is not the game for you, you do not understand the big idea behind the game :))))

The big idea is to have fun, but there are to many FAN-BOYS who have Black&WHite screens, who get in panic every time anyone says that there is something wrong whit the game they love so much. It is not the graphic or cool weapons or cool sound that makes a game great. It is the over all gameplay, it needs to be balanced an fun to play. They did god job whit this game, but I think that there is still room for improvements.

In ARMA 2 if I hit the guy in a leg hi cold not get up, if I hit him in the arm hi cold not aim strait, they already have a system built for that, not shore why did they not implement that here.

Use the EBR then. It's 7.62 and not a one-hit kill to arms/legs unless you are very close.

We get that it is supposed to be fun. That's the shooting down the heli part. Getting points for it isn't.

The game has tons of problems. Mostly with terrible performance in MP and even SP, a still awful inventory system, terrible context menu, clunky controls and stiff and unintuitive movement (even though slightly improved over A2), just to name a few problems.

The difference between shooting down the heli so the crash kills the crew and blowing up a vehicle with a rocket/tank should be fairly obvious.

The system from A2 is still in. If you get hit in the arms your aim goes to s***, if you get hit in the legs you can only move at a very slow pace.