Tell me, have you removed "Slowed and matched enemy carrier to player carrier, increased acceleration and deceleration times on both" in version 2.6? If so I will stick with 2.5. This is one of the main reasons I started using this mod. ;)

If you have you removed it maybe you could teach me how to fix 2.6 so that it has this feature.

Thanks.

Edited by Dajunka

I use your NoFilmGrain mod and Gripmod2 with Species' Deadlyislands mod. I can see that the film grain is gone when I play Carrier Command: Gaea Mission on my laptop computer and I notice more power in the walrus when it's climbing hills. When I first played the game, I thought the walruses seemed kind of weak when I tried to drive them up hills under manual control, but your Grip mod has improved them quite a bit. Good job. Thanks.

Actually grip is being lowered slightly, I am aiming for somewhere between the stock and new values. The Grip will change again in 2.7

Tell me, have you removed "Slowed and matched enemy carrier to player carrier, increased acceleration and deceleration times on both" in version 2.6? If so I will stick with 2.5. This is one of the main reasons I started using this mod. ;)

If you have you removed it maybe you could teach me how to fix 2.6 so that it has this feature.

Thanks.

I was thinking of doing something a bit different, perhaps making the AI carrier slower than the player. The reason is because the AI has been improved a lot and is now much more of a threat. I can barely beat it even without AI enhancing mods that are available. I wanted it so that you could maybe outrun the enemy if you decided to retreat from battle. Also I still haven't put in the tweak that slows the rate of turn, I think one of the other modders will need to teach me how that is done so it always seemed incomplete.

I just made the change to equalise them, it is in navalvehicle.xml if you want to make the player carrier faster or whatever.

Edited by disorder

Thanks disorder. Why your mod makes the game so much better for me is...

I hate film grain. I have a expensive graphics card and don't want my graphics to look like a 1880's film show.

I got fed up with the carrier entering my location and outrunning me, that was pox.

The walrus extra grip was a bonus, a bonus that I like very much. It make's the walrus feel as heavy as it should feel, and not like paper walrus. :)

I don't want very much more than this. I certainly don't want the game harder, I'm a casual player and go more for enjoyment than competitiveness, besides there are loads of other mods that make the game hard, if I wanted hard.

Having the AI carrier a bit slower then mine would be fine as long as the darn thing can't catch me. :D

Hehe I just updated the file again with another small tweak. Technically it is 2.75 now, so try the link again

Got it. Nice selection of tweaks there. Thanks very much disorder. :D

A quick question: I don't suppose that this mod would work well in the campaign would it? I'm asking because I was thinking about playing through the campaign again, but without the film grain. :)

Edited by Dajunka

The enemy carrier seems rather twitchy atm, not sure if it is a side effect. It is also still quite fast for some reason.

Ok think I figured out that none of the XML files are working as intended. :\

Edit: Meh bit stupid of me, wrong folder structure. All xml files should be working. Download 2.9 and please delete your old DCMP folder first.

Edited by disorder

The enemy carrier seems rather twitchy atm, not sure if it is a side effect. It is also still quite fast for some reason.

Ok think I figured out that none of the XML files are working as intended. :\

Edit: Meh bit stupid of me, wrong folder structure. All xml files should be working. Download 2.9 and please delete your old DCMP folder first.

Haha! It happens. :)

I found my old 'nofilmgrain' mod to use with the campaign, so Ill's good. I can't see that on it's own causing any problems.

Edited by Dajunka

Trying out this mod with the game.  Does it slow down the enemy carrier or not?

3 years ago I posted this. Haha :) I wonder if people still play with it?

I will have to dust off my mod files and update the first page and link.