Combined Mod Pack

by Disorder

------------

To avoid confusion with older versions and changes made, only the changes that are currently present will be listed from now on. Changes may be added or removed from the list accordingly. The result should be a lot less confusing and cleaner document.

Download here

2.12 Updated jukebox system to play new songs on enemy controlled islands only, neutral or player owned will play ambient music as original.

2.11 Updated to latest beta. No other changes currently.

2.10 Extra notice:

Please remove your existing DCMP folder before installing the new one as sub folder structures have changed slightly.

Updated files to latest beta 1.07.0023.

Increased Walrus grip.

No Film grain.

Carrier speeds equalised and slowed.

Price adjustments for drones.

Ongoing Artillery and Arcing shot improvements. Howitzer and heavy artillery needs testing.

Ongoing projectile tweaks.

New Battle music.

New Timewarp music.

New Jukebox music system.

Faster Walruses and Mantas.

Small max height adjustment for medium(290) and heavy(280) Mantas.

INSTALLATION

Make sure you update your shortcut and add "-mod DCMP"

NOTES

This modifies the ccgame.c file which will be incompatible with anything that uses this file.

However it is based around a section which I believe has been untouched so far and may be "Mixed"

using the mod mixer. This has to be tested.

Edited by disorder
Mostly a bugfix

great changes, but how could I combine your mod with deadly Islands mod.

This would be great if there is a way

I think the only way to do that is to merge the changes inside the deadlyislands dbexport.bin file with mine, I don't really know what they are. You can ask species1571 what his alterations were and apply them using newtie's editor if you want.

GripMod and NoFilmGrain both use folders and files that I haven't seen modified by anyone else yet, so they could be easily merged into the other mod.

Here is a version of the dxexport file with the additional changes from Deadly Islands, just replace the dxexport.bin file in the deadlyislands/db folder with this one. The other folders from the tweak mod can be copied into the deadlyislands folder without problems. Hope this helps.

http://www.species1571.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tweak_mod_for_deadly_islands.zip

Here is a version of the dxexport file with the additional changes from Deadly Islands, just replace the dxexport.bin file in the deadlyislands/db folder with this one. The other folders from the tweak mod can be copied into the deadlyislands folder without problems. Hope this helps.

http://www.species1571.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tweak_mod_for_deadly_islands.zip

wow great :)

New 2.2 Version today, please playtest and let me know how it feels.

Really interested in this mod, it changes all the stuff I wanted changing. One thing; your install instructions are confusing. Different names for folders and shortcuts. You need to go over your readme files.

Really interested in this mod, it changes all the stuff I wanted changing. One thing; your install instructions are confusing. Different names for folders and shortcuts. You need to go over your readme files.

Yeah sorry lol, I have gone through the readme to clear up any confusion. I think its due to me combining all my mods which all had different readme files and names which was starting to get quite bad.

The name of the thread "Tweak Mod" is essentially the dbexport changes by themselves which came out first, unfortunately I cannot change the title. The title "DCMP" is everything in one pack, including my existing 2 mods, and should be the new official name for everything.

Okay. Not being use to installing mods for CCgm. Do I unzip the contents of the DCMP.zip file into a folder called DCMP? Do I just copy the DCMP zip into my CCgm game folder?

EDIT: Tis okay, just read some of your older readme's. Unzip all to a folder DCMP, and do the thing with the shortcut.

Played a bit and wow! Does it look good without the grain effect? Graphics are very sweet. This is the type of mod I was looking for. :)

Is there anyway to mod the enemy carrier to always run away until its down to the last island or two? That way you get to play the game to it's completion and not have it terminated by a early encounter.

Edited by Dajunka

Okay. Not being use to installing mods for CCgm. Do I unzip the contents of the DCMP.zip file into a folder called DCMP? Do I just copy the DCMP zip into my CCgm game folder?

EDIT: Tis okay, just read some of your older readme's. Unzip all to a folder DCMP, and do the thing with the shortcut.

Played a bit and wow! Does it look good without the grain effect? Graphics are very sweet. This is the type of mod I was looking for. :)

Is there anyway to mod the enemy carrier to always run away until its down to the last island or two? That way you get to play the game to it's completion and not have it terminated by a early encounter.

haha.. hmm I suppose you can make the opposite of Nemesis mod and call it .. I dunno .. "pansy mod" or something. But to do that it would take some editing of the ccgame file and I'm not as well versed in that as someone like grad or species or the other great modders here since I'm more a tweaker and hobby programmer. Maybe if you ask one of those nicely via pm someone might be able to tell you which edits to make.

Also I noticed another error in the readme which I corrected, it stated that it now has a 50% health warning, this is wrong as it is actually a 50% fuel warning.

Edited by disorder

There are no pansy players, only casual players. :))

I am just trying to have it more in line with the original game-play, were as I remember the enemy carrier would peg-it as soon as it got a smell of you in the region. Only engaging you near the end of the game.

Been playing the game with this mod for some time now, and I have to tell you it's amazing how much it improves the game. I don't know, it feels great to play. I wish I could endorse it or something. I do recommend other CC players give this mod a go.

Keep up the good work. :D

Aw thanks :o There is a new version out today with new ambient music in the strategy game taken from the games sound track.

Edited by disorder

Great mod, and love the Ambient music. My favorite mod, wouldn't play CCGM without it. :D

New update today. Added a jukebox system to select random music. Updated link in OP

Edited by disorder

Thanks for v2.5 going to install it now. Still my favorite mod. :)

Hello, I have updated again to 2.6. This is mostly to include all official patches up to 1.7.0023

Some tweaks were removed for this version and may make it back in the future.

Hello, I have updated again to 2.6. This is mostly to include all official patches up to 1.7.0023

I use your NoFilmGrain mod and Gripmod2 with Species' Deadlyislands mod. I can see that the film grain is gone when I play Carrier Command: Gaea Mission on my laptop computer and I notice more power in the walrus when it's climbing hills. When I first played the game, I thought the walruses seemed kind of weak when I tried to drive them up hills under manual control, but your Grip mod has improved them quite a bit. Good job. Thanks.

Thank you. Nice to see your keeping it up to date.