Sign in to follow this  
Bucketnate

"Connect Failed" for any of my friends trying to join me, what can I do?

I want to host servers for me and my friends but they get the "Connect failed" when they try to join. I'm not too savvy with networking so I'd like to know what I could do to solve the issue. It my be my NAT being strict (Would be nice to get help on that) or ports that need to be forwarded, i dont know. Really want to get this working, can anyone help?

When that happens we usually restart A3, and then it works. Are they joining through the server browser?

How will that help him? He just wants to host a simple COOP mission, which you easily do by making a new server through the browser. The only issue here are his friends who can't seem to join.

When that happens we usually restart A3, and then it works. Are they joining through the server browser?

yes they are

I want to host servers for me and my friends but they get the "Connect failed" when they try to join. I'm not too savvy with networking so I'd like to know what I could do to solve the issue. It my be my NAT being strict (Would be nice to get help on that) or ports that need to be forwarded, i dont know. Really want to get this working, can anyone help?

if you are behind a router click the :start: button and type in CMD hit enter a DOS window will open then type in ipconfig hit enter look for "default gateway" type the address you see there into the address bar of you browser and hit enter....im sure it has a password so you will need to get that , once you have that open open another browser window and type in the model number of your router followed by "port forwarding" that should lead you to a HOW-TO, keep the DOS wind open as you will need the sub net IP list there .