Sign in to follow this  
welsch

Mission ref. 4329 - analyze rock with APXS

This is a mission for a T4 small lander. I was able to complete almost all of the scientific tasks, but with the last minor task I am stuck. It wants me to analyze a rock with my APXS. The rock is 91.4m away - and the APXS is mounted on the bottom of my (immobile) lander on a robotic arm that only allows me to lower it straight down. (I had no problem analyzing the required sand probe sample though - the target was all around and right underneath my lander)

Question: how do I manage that APXS measurement? Even if I could move the lander (which I can't), I would not be able to put my APXS sideways against the rock (unless I was to drop the lander right on top of it... which is probably not a good idea). Is this a bug?

PS: there are now even more missions without any assignable vehicles in Victory crater than before (in the beginning it was three, now there are six) at tech level 5. They popped up when some more minor and negligible missions where added there in one of the last patches. I thought we were not supposed to see missions that we lacked the necessary tech level for?

Oh, I almost forgot, but the question just popped up when I was going over my mission map of Victoria crater: why is it showing me already deployed landers as suitable vehicles for future missions? It works well for already deployed rovers, I just have to drive them to the next mission area - but how am I supposed to move an already settled down lander? Am I missing something here?

Oh, I almost forgot, but the question just popped up when I was going over my mission map of Victoria crater: why is it showing me already deployed landers as suitable vehicles for future missions? It works well for already deployed rovers, I just have to drive them to the next mission area - but how am I supposed to move an already settled down lander? Am I missing something here?

Yeah looks like someone set that mission up incorrectly, should specify "mobile only". We'll fix that.

As for missions showing up when you don't have the tech, that is also incorrect. Will be sorted.

This is a mission for a T4 small lander. I was able to complete almost all of the scientific tasks, but with the last minor task I am stuck. It wants me to analyze a rock with my APXS. The rock is 91.4m away - and the APXS is mounted on the bottom of my (immobile) lander on a robotic arm that only allows me to lower it straight down. (I had no problem analyzing the required sand probe sample though - the target was all around and right underneath my lander)

Question: how do I manage that APXS measurement? Even if I could move the lander (which I can't), I would not be able to put my APXS sideways against the rock (unless I was to drop the lander right on top of it... which is probably not a good idea). Is this a bug?

PS: there are now even more missions without any assignable vehicles in Victory crater than before (in the beginning it was three, now there are six) at tech level 5. They popped up when some more minor and negligible missions where added there in one of the last patches. I thought we were not supposed to see missions that we lacked the necessary tech level for?

How do i take samples of the sand and the rock? what are the controlls for that? i can lower it in the sand, but what should i do after that?

Sorry, off topic: I can't create threads?

//EDIT after the second post I was able to start my own thread. This post can be deleted

Edited by Inkognito