Sign in to follow this  
Treehugger

Any benefits of using crossfire with Arma 3 beta currently?

I am considering getting a crossfire setup, but I am left with mixed impressions off the little I have been reading about it, and wonder what crossfire users have to say.

With Catalyst 13.8 beta drivers out, said to greatly improve on microstuttering issues with a crossfire setup, I think this is a good time to learn about the current impression of using crossfire.

I'm using HD7950 in Crossfire and it almost doubles the FPS.

Never ever had microstuttering on ARMA 3 either (or most other games for that matter).

Never had any other issues.

With my HD6950 2gb Crossfire, or my more recent HD7950 3gb Crossfire... regardless of driver version.

In all honesty, I dont think it would matter that much depending on the card. I have a HD7950 3gb SINGLE card and am running everything on ultra with 50+ fps. I do have a core i7 3.5 with 32gb ram to go with that.

someone on another forum runs it great with x2 titans.

"Wasteland Samatra actually runs very well for me. I average 60fps, with max 85fps, and mins 40fps(during heavy action or many people in viewing area). This is @ 7680x1440 @ 96Hz all settings & visibility maxed. This is a map that can actually utilize my 4th Titan as average is closer to 80fps and gets close to my refresh rate 96hz with butter smooth gameplay. Visibility is decreased to lighten the CPU load when running quads."

"3930k @ 4.7ghz

16gb 1866 ram

Extreme 11 motherboard running 3-way Titans @ pci-e 3.0 x16/x16/x16/

Titans @ 1137/3250mhz

Windows 7

Nvidia driver 320.49

7680x1440 @ 96Hz."

crossfire on 2 x ati hd 6970 runs way better than just the 1 card on both A2/A3 frames won't drop below 60 with all ultra settings so I would say yes no stuttering either and drivers are fine too.

crossfire on 2 x ati hd 6970 runs way better than just the 1 card on both A2/A3 frames won't drop below 60 with all ultra settings so I would say yes no stuttering either and drivers are fine too.

why are most of us stuck at 30% gpu usage when sli enabled?

ive seen the feedback tracker and that said most of them weere stuck at 30% Gpu usage when SLi is enabled

In all honesty, I dont think it would matter that much depending on the card. I have a HD7950 3gb SINGLE card and am running everything on ultra with 50+ fps. I do have a core i7 3.5 with 32gb ram to go with that.

hmm, got a AMD 6 core at 4.1 Ghz and two 7950's in Xfire.. and i only get 20fps and below...... I had Horrible frames on release, but just before the beta, the Alpha was giving me OK frames around 28fps. Since the beta i have been playing at 15-20fps...

Got the following spec,

AMD 1100T 6 core @4.1GHZ

16Gb Ram

Raid 0 SSD

Crossfire 6950 2gb cards

Run on Ultra settings.

On load the cpu stays around 23% to 30%

On load the gfx stays around 20% to 30%

Fps can be anything from 10fps to 60fps