Sign in to follow this  
aleksey

heavy Armor view from inside

Will the interior is made in inside heavy equipment ?

No. Not for Driver, Gunner or Commander. Only scope view or external.

Don't understand the logic behind making 3D interiors for the vehicle positions that will be used the least of all.

When you're a passenger in a APC or tank, there is no other choice but to show the player the interior. You can't just use a black screen. When you're in a tank, you are given the periscope through which a real driver or gunner is looking as well.

Well, why not give them a black screen, or a periscope? Let's face it, tanks will be manned by their crew at least 100 times more than by passengers, and yet the crew is left with only very basic, generic optics, and no interiors, whilst the passengers get a fully made interior. In other words, the people using the tank the most get maybe 10% of what ought to be in there, whilst the people who'll use the tank the least of all get 100% of what they ought to have. I just don't get that into anything logical, at the very least they could just make some generic, one-for-all sort of interiors for the tracked vehicles and develop it as they get the time for it. That could easily be as much as, if not less work required than the interiors of any given car or helicopter, right?

When you're a passenger in a APC or tank, there is no other choice but to show the player the interior. You can't just use a black screen. When you're in a tank, you are given the periscope through which a real driver or gunner is looking as well.

what i want is for the armor that has multi lense periscopes to get them, some of the OPFOR units have 3 lense for the driver, with a center and one either side offset 22.5 degrees, but they only show the driver the foreward facing one

what i want is for the armor that has multi lense periscopes to get them, some of the OPFOR units have 3 lense for the driver, with a center and one either side offset 22.5 degrees, but they only show the driver the foreward facing one

Absolutely! They should either all be the in the same view or switchable. There's a reason for real tanks or APC's to have multiple of them. Situational awareness for the driver is unrealistically restricted.

Hello there

If the view was moveable al la freelook or multiple views were available, it would greatly assist tankers. PP has a good point.

Rgds

LoK

Don't understand the logic behind making 3D interiors for the vehicle positions that will be used the least of all.

Not enough development time. You either get vehicle interiors or eleventy billion types of UAV/UGV, there wasn't time to do both. :)

My favourite reason against tank interiors is "We don't need them, because nobody plays with tanks anyways." Well, guess why.

I think that making that tie into the freelook system would be a brilliant way to handle it - so free-looking left or right as a driver of a tank switches you to the other scope views.

And @ Zimms - Well, I'm really glad that nobody has been making that argument then. Just your strawmen.

I think tanks are victims of the other vehicles success. It makes them look basic compared to the attention spent on choppers, APC's and cars.

+1 for this. The driver view in the armor in the beta is so restrictive, the only way to play is in third person view which does a couple things...It makes it LESS realistic and it makes for poor training for when you play MP where third person/exterior views are turned off. Yes you could argue that this makes you depend on a good T/C but it makes driving a tank BORING as hell.

Not enough development time. You either get vehicle interiors or eleventy billion types of UAV/UGV, there wasn't time to do both. :)

Well, doesn't explain why they make interiors for one but not the other.

They don't have to model the interiors, just add the side views, if they can model later its alright but i believe they could first make a faster solution, as people stated here, it would work fine!

Why just black? Couldn't you have just a flat dashboard texture there, slightly blurred to simulate peripheral vision as you look through the periscope?

I just hope we'll get some tanks and apc's with interiors modeled in a dlc to match the quality of the rest of the units.