Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

Arma 3-TOH similarities

Isn't this the proper tracker for bug reports / feature requests? http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php

I've never seen the one you've linked to before and so I'm not registered and I'd hate your request to not be seen because it's in the wrong place.

Duh. I guess part of the problem is having two different Bug trackers... I admit I haven't been around here in years and I don't even own A3 (due to the lacking FM among other things) so I wasn't aware of the "official" bug tracker. The CIT is how this was done in the past I guess...

Anyway, there I found this feature request http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6026 which seems partly related. But I think it would be a good idea to create a new one that's perhaps more explicit.

I agree- that request seems to be about clickable cockpit, it doesn't mention FM. DO You mind if I simply copy paste Your request from that other tracker into a proper one daikan?

I agree- that request seems to be about clickable cockpit, it doesn't mention FM. DO You mind if I simply copy paste Your request from that other tracker into a proper one daikan?

Not at all, go ahead :)

Nope. No problems have been reported. I have personally tested MP fast-roping and no malfunctions occurred whatsoever.

Hey, i'm a bit late but, do you think you can do this again, but make a video on youtube and link it here? Just to demonstrate how it can be used or, so we can see just how well it works? Thanks.

Taken from the latest Dev-Blog about the 2014/15 roadmap:

Arma 3 Helicopters

Together with the addition of distinctive new transport helicopters and a selective implementation of Take On Helicopter’s RotorLib Flight Dynamics Model (FDM), the basic goal of this DLC is to add appropriate depth and breadth to helicopter gameplay. Worthwhile mentioning, too, is that it's designed to be optional, open to game and server configuration. It's also important to note that all existing 'vanilla' helos will be upgraded to the new standard; again, this is free for everyone and the TKOH flight dynamics are completely optional. Helicopters aside, though, another key objective is to offer benefits for more players than pilots alone.

Finally, there is hope :)

With some elaboration in the latest SITREP:

Another example is the RotorLib flight model for helicopters. We will provide this flight model for all previously released helicopters in Arma 3 whether or not you own the DLC. It should be repeated that this flight model will be an option in the game. It offers distinct benefits for precise control over rotary-wing aircraft, and makes the simulation more authentic (particularly having control over the collective). But those who would want to stick with the Arma 3 flight model can do so. We don't even expect it to be default on the normal difficulty setting. Actually owning the DLC will give you the cool new birds and other content.

Yep, our dreams came true. See You airborne soon gentleman!

Yep, our dreams came true.
Just a hella lot later than the project lead had been previously willing to commit to in writing! :lol: Then again, the devblog and the SITREP's explanations are both more concrete and specific than anything the devs were saying way back when as well...

Just a hella lot later than the project lead had been previously willing to commit to in writing! :lol: Then again, the devblog and the SITREP's explanations are both more concrete and specific than anything the devs were saying way back when as well...

Anytime is better than no time IMO.

Exactly! The only thing that worries me is "selective implementation of Take On Helicopter’s RotorLib Flight Dynamics Model". Hope to get exactly what we got in TOH. Maybe topped with missing Vortex Ring.

Exactly! The only thing that worries me is "selective implementation of Take On Helicopter’s RotorLib Flight Dynamics Model". Hope to get exactly what we got in TOH. Maybe topped with missing Vortex Ring.

Well, provided the RotorLib API is fully supported and the configuration is modifiable the worst case would be that we would have to tweak the FDM ourselves.

Just a heads up for those that haven't read the SITREP #00056:

The RotorLib helicopter flight model (...) would be unleashed (to the devbranch) for the current fleet of helicopters well ahead of the new DLC helicopters being published.