Sign in to follow this  
Victim9l3

Arma starting to disappoint

I don't want to be perfectly seen by a sniper 200-300 meters away.

Im getting abit tired of hearing this, well then "adapt" to this and find better cover. Yes it would be nice to have improved system of this, but you know there are more important things to fix.

only thing they have done so far is adding volumetric clouds, slight better animations to soldiers and reskinned all the vehicles from arma2..

I'm borrowing this :D

Edited by DanielV

i have played this series since arma1..and to be honest i cannot really say i am any impressed at all by the improvements done from each upgrade...arma 1 was cool, it had the simulation feel to it and it worked well even thou it was buggy..arma 3 is just a more glorified gfx candy for bf3 players..the same bugs from arma 1 is still in arma3.....like getting stuck into rocks...vehicles cant go over walls properly, poor penetration modell for tanks..body armor for infantry is non excistant, catapulting vehicles if you hit a tree...the list can go on forever

if they do not pull theyr act togeter on the full release, this will be the last product i ever buy from them until i actually see a huge leap...man even the performance runs like in arma 1

this series is starting to remind me of call of duty where they just reskin the modells and adds some new maps and then release the "new" game

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

this game is not ready for release in september..give it atleast 2 more months before they ship it out

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Im getting abit tired of hearing this, well then "adapt" to this and find better cover. Yes it would be nice to have improved system of this, but you know there are more important things to fix.

what is the point of having any kind of grass or camouflage in the game in the first place? lets get rid of the ghillie suits because they are ridicoulous anyways... they have no effect over 200 meters anyways

what is the point of having any kind of grass or camouflage in the game in the first place? lets get rid of the ghillie suits because they are ridicoulous anyways... they have no effect over 200 meters anyways

Would you not agree that it's somewhat visually improved with grass vs no grass, the uniforms fits the games setting and ghillie might not help you 200+m if your on the top of a clear hill but in vegetated areas and close range it certainly will.

yes, they are pretty sweet at close ranges...but if it is not very good at long ranges..why do they even advertise about it..some months ago they made some pictures with how cool the grass looks and stuff with snipers laying down in it, but they never showed us the other end of where the rifle was aiming

This game will only get better and better.

Its looking bad now, i can see it too,but i know BIS will start solving problems and adding more content after the release.

And don't forget they will be making a considerable amount of money with ArmA 3 and the upcoming DayZ.Meaning they will be well funded to continue working on Arma and fixing stuff for a long time.:D

;)

Unfortunately the forum rules do not allow for each and everyone to create new threads for their general concerns. There are already multiple topics where you can discuss the content here. There is simply no need for it to be separated into more threads.

You are encouraged to continue the discussion in the existing threads.

Therefore, closing :)