makhno

G.O.S Koplic : Arma 3 Island

Hey guys

First I want to state that I love this map it's awesome and I like the backdrop but I have one glitch I discovered and forgive me if this has already been addressed and I didn't find it.

Whenever I save my mission in-game and then attempt to revert, the game reverts to my selected save but deletes all my other in game saves. When I attempt to reset, drops me into the map as if I had no selected pc and It then gives me an error message siting 'PA301'

I'd appreciate anyone's help on this and I usually make a kind of single player empire building RPG out of the Arma engine and without the ability to reload I cannot do that.

Thanks

Are you talking about the empty one that's just terrain?

It's not just terrain anymore btw.

Amazing work... i am especially amazed at how well this map preforms in comparison to what is coming with the game. I have double the fps on this verse stratis and altis. Keep it up!

*update* - I maxed all of my settings to ultra and am getting solid performance... in altis or stratis i generally get 30-60 fps on ultra settings and when going in city areas i get 20 so i usually keep most settings "standard" and cut off AA. on yours i have maxed everything and get a solid 70-90. They need to hire you to optimize their maps.

Edited by CottoN

I get this too and it seems to stop a mission of DUWS on Koplic from resuming from a save. I'm not very knowledgeable on this but when I depbo'd the map pbo and looked at config.bin I could see the reference was to pa301 whereas the wrp file for the map is PA301. I'm not sure if it is case sensitive but if it is then this could be the reason for the error. Unfortunately when I rename PA301.wrp to pa301.wrp and created a new pbo Arma 3 wouldn't see the map at all so I assume you need to use one of the map making tools to package it up. I don't know anything about those however and I'm hoping the author comes back to this fantastic map and fixes this plus the problem with the in game map having misaligned textures when it is zoomed out as running missions on it is great fun.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Hey guys

First I want to state that I love this map it's awesome and I like the backdrop but I have one glitch I discovered and forgive me if this has already been addressed and I didn't find it.

Whenever I save my mission in-game and then attempt to revert, the game reverts to my selected save but deletes all my other in game saves. When I attempt to reset, drops me into the map as if I had no selected pc and It then gives me an error message siting 'PA301'

I'd appreciate anyone's help on this and I usually make a kind of single player empire building RPG out of the Arma engine and without the ability to reload I cannot do that.

Thanks

save bug is normally a config problem

the terrain class name must be the same as the wrp filename

Do you mean a map config problem or a config problem with the mission or a config problem with my Arma3 set up?

The saved game does sort of resume but I end up on Stratis with the same location setup etc from the Koplic save - which needless to say doesn't work so well as at least half end up in the ocean. I thought maybe this was because there is something wrong with the internal map references eg PA301 error so the DUWS scripts and A3 can't handle it and give a default map, or first or last map in a list.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Hey mate i really like the map you did a great job , wounding if you could make a main menu cutscene for this map as im trying to figer out how to make them and tried to add one to your map but failed. all i need is one working example of a custom map with its own cutscene.

Hello I would like to use on my server the map of the island can tell me that you need to use? where I download the map to my server and requires some arma3 mod?

---------- Post added at 04:10 ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 ----------

Hello and installed in my game folder arma3 mod @ FSF_Koplic and activated in expansions

and then uploaded to my server in mpmissions the map with these two files

projeta3-01.pbo

projeta3-01.pbo.MAK.bisign

and since the main mission but can not connect to the server I'm missing something? thanks

---------- Post added at 04:21 ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 ----------

and what made ​​otherwise to test the mission and if I can see it in the game with loaded arma3 and gone back and created a server and therefore selected the map mod and if I can see it and play but I want this map to my server must edit it save it under another name or something? as I see it does not carry nor el.altis. stratis the end only leads. Koplic I should do to work on my dedicated server?

This map requires nothing but itself.

DL it, unzip and install like any addon.

It will appear in your map listing.

There's a flaw that makes the map look blocky. The foliage...

Drive along the road and look at the ground. Lots of shrubbery then you enter into a town and the shrubbery comes to a stop and it's just flat in the town. I recommend revising the foliage near buildings. My suggestion would be making a transition from shrubs to no shrubs, or adding more shrubs into the towns.

Makhno, this map is awesome. Got a lot of plans for a campaign with my clan on this map. One thing I feel this is missing is a coastline. You've done such good work with the rivers, they look fantastic. But I feel if you had a small coastline, it would add to the immersion so much. Imagine being able to sit a destroyer (when someone releases one) or other amphibious landing craft off shore and utilise those rivers to penetrate deep into enemy territory by river.

I'm sorry to repeat the same thing as a lot of other people, but are we ever getting server keys?

Does anyone have a server key for this. I've PM'd author.

Such a shame a map as good as this isn't getting used because of a missing server key.

Updated mod v0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey F.S.F Makhno , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

V0.3 is available.

Changes :

-Reset all objects's position relative to the ground.

-Redone the ground textures.

-Signed the addon

-Added a couple of trees and bushes in the built-up areas.

-Minor corrections of the terrain itself

Download link :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bp3l1rcgot8ao7q/%40KoplicV03.rar

Thanks for the update!!  One of the more under-rated A3 maps out there.

edit:  I'm assuming map IDs changed with this version?  If so we'll need to re-index it before it will work with @ALiVE