makhno

G.O.S Koplic : Arma 3 Island

I know this makes me out to be the newb that I am, but I can't get this map to work. I installed it via the Steam Launch Options (which I have used with success dozens of times in the past), but I can't find this map in my editor; the only map listed is Stratis. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

I know this makes me out to be the newb that I am, but I can't get this map to work. I installed it via the Steam Launch Options (which I have used with success dozens of times in the past), but I can't find this map in my editor; the only map listed is Stratis. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Just a guess? But the island pbo does not already come in a folder setup.

Create a folder called? @Koplic , within that folder one called 'addons' place the two pbo's in the addons folder then call the '@Koplic'

Thanks for the updates Makhno -its already a fine island.

Just a guess? But the island pbo does not already come in a folder setup.

Create a folder called? @Koplic , within that folder one called 'addons' place the two pbo's in the addons folder then call the '@Koplic'

Yep, it was the lack of addons folder within the mod folder. Herp derp. Thanks a bunch.

For no reason, there is always a little white dash on the left top of screen when goofing around in island, dunno if other people has the same issue?

For no reason, there is always a little white dash on the left top of screen when goofing around in island, dunno if other people has the same issue?

Already stated. Disable CBA.

Wow! Things are really looking good! I made a list of suggestions that you could possibly consider.

- The Island has good shape and I really like the river systems, but I suggest you make some parts of the river deeper.

- I am guessing you are working on adding grass and other assorted foliage near buildings. In some towns there was no grass.

- Keep up the great work and adding really cool landmarks (Bases, airfields, docks, etc.).

- Also, random rock!

All in all, I think what you have here is very good!

Edited by Pilot996

Thank you very much for this great addon finally something flat and bigger than stratis, thi island rocks, and i love it with african conflict mod

I checked out this map a while ago and I really like it. The community I'm in was planning on using it, but we use ACRE which uses CBA. So we get that little box in the top left which prevents us from using it. (Link: http://imgur.com/LmiHlqJ)

If could fix that, that'd be greatly appreciated. :)

Do you have any clue why there is a problem with CBA?

We would love to use the map but since we run ACRE in our community we are dependent on having CBA present in our mod list, not just for ACRE but for other mods as well. I appreciate you are busy with the map but it would be nice to get to the bottom of the conflict between the two mods and either raise a bug on CBA or fix the problem within the map at some point as your going to find a lot of communities can't run it until the problem is resolved.

For now we have tested and had to decide not to add the mod, this conflict means it isn't really usable in its current form.

BC

Admin

Tier1Ops.eu

It's all working fine except that little dash.

I don't have the faintest idea.

I don't even know where to start looking.

When I run Koplic alongside our modset I see 12 errors of the following type, one after the other, in the RPT. These seem to be unique to the Koplic mod, I don't get them on Stratis or Wamako.

a3\structures_f\households\wip\unfinished_building_02_f.p3d: house, config class missing

The other notable difference in the RPT is that Wamako has a CBA log output with some details that is not present on Koplic.

[473228,5812.98,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.4.198. MISSINIT: missionName=wamako_intro, worldName=sfp_wamako, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[473228,5813.09,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_cache_disable.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

Not sure if that helps but its a couple of places to start.

Is this addon signed? Could you add the key?

+1

I see the .bisign file with the addon so there must be a .bikey somewhere :p

That little dash is present on the Afghanistan map a fella ported over from A2 eariler in the Alpha stages, as well, so it's not just this one. However, it doesn't appear in Daioyu, so maybe the solution lies with whatever that modder did to avoid getting the dash? When I first discovered it with Afghanistan, I was also running All-in-Arma, and it looked like the dash was a remnant of one of the Arma 2 menu screens. Luckily for me, I can enjoy this great map fully as I don't need CBA (or All-in-Arma) currently (I'm basically playing single player custom missions right now), but I can see how it would be a hindrance for others who rely on those mods. :(

Where might i find this Afghanistan map for A3?

Where might i find this Afghanistan map for A3?

The addon source of your trust a.k.a. armaholic.

The addon source of your trust a.k.a. armaholic.

Are you talking about the empty one that's just terrain?

This map is great for CQB! Thanks for your work!

Are you talking about the empty one that's just terrain?

He is, and so am I.

The map is fantastic. Only thing I would change is the pattern on terrain texture is obviously repeating. Otherwise spot on.