Sign in to follow this  
ShotgunSheamuS

Anyone else concerned about ARMA 3 launch September?

I'm outta here. This is just absurd.

The only absurd thing here is your conversation style. If your main counterargument for anything is that you've been misinterpreted, perhaps it's time to brush up on your discussion skills a little bit to avoid confusion.

The only absurd thing here is your conversation style. If your main counterargument for anything is that you've been misinterpreted, perhaps it's time to brush up on your discussion skills a little bit to avoid confusion.

Just this one:

No. It's not my fault that someone understands what I mean totally wrong, is it?

And if someone throws at me something that I didn't mean or write, and I counterargument that, of course my counterargument is that "you misunderstood me".

That simple.

Did you not see the little highlighted area in the bottom right? "There is more cool stuff to come"; I reckon that's a confirmation of other "cool" stuff right there!

That's quite vague. It's better having specific. More "cool stuff" to come can range from a meaningless stick to a few "new" vehicles, yet we'll never know whether they'll be just reskins copy paste or actually a whole new model.

Did you not see the little highlighted area in the bottom right? "There is more cool stuff to come"; I reckon that's a confirmation of other "cool" stuff right there!

So what happens when no cool stuff comes because something stalled their development? It's a plausible eventuality right? Promises can be broken, either voluntarily or involuntarily. I think what people want to voice is that this is not the right way to do it. We're going beyond the normal "BI launch buggyness" and going into an even lower substandard of quality and content. You can't fault people for not liking regression of content and quality. Hinging your bet on an ever changeable promise as though it's a absolute outcome is foolish.

You can't take a promise about the future as an absolute, because if you could we wouldn't be sitting here arguing about missing/recycled/C&P'd content and feature's now would we?

Just this one:

No. It's not my fault that someone understands what I mean totally wrong, is it?

And if someone throws at me something that I didn't mean or write, and I counterargument that, of course my counterargument is that "you misunderstood me".

That simple.

When most of your input in this thread consists of making shoddy or even false arguments and defending them by claiming misinterpretation on someone else's part, it's time to consider that you yourself might have something to do with it.

That in the case that your complaints on misinterpretation are honest and not, for example, a disrespectful way to shrug off valid counterarguments.

So what happens when no cool stuff comes because something stalled their development? It's a plausible eventuality right? Promises can be broken, either voluntarily or involuntarily. I think what people want to voice is that this is not the right way to do it. We're going beyond the normal "BI launch buggyness" and going into an even lower substandard of quality and content. You can't fault people for not liking regression of content and quality. Hinging your bet on an ever changeable promise as though it's a absolute outcome is foolish.

You can't take a promise about the future as an absolute, because if you could we wouldn't be sitting here arguing about missing/recycled/C&P'd content and feature's now would we?

Yep, I take your points buddy. But you must admit from previous experience BIS have always added stuff to their releases and I see no reason why they wont do the same for A3. So I wouldn't call that foolish. And I am not talking about paid DLC either.

Guest Ti0n3r

A2 was a complete mess upon release and compared to A2 or even OA the game runs great and feels polished for the most part imo (ai, gunplay etc). What makes me scratch my head is the fact that once again it looks like Bohemia will release an ARMA title that upon launch will be full of those classic RV engine BS bugs and glitches. Be it player models clipping into scopes, building doors pushing you into walls if you try to open them, or the broken aiming deadzone feature.

When most of your input in this thread consists of making shoddy or even false arguments and defending them by claiming misinterpretation on someone else's part, it's time to consider that you yourself might have something to do with it.

That in the case that your complaints on misinterpretation are honest and not, for example, a disrespectful way to shrug off valid counterarguments.

I have to take this one too:

What are my "shoddy or even false arguments"?

When I defend my "shoddy or even false arguments" with "claiming misinterpretation on someone else's part"?

Paste freely what you'll find.

I say you are wrong. You mix me with someone else, or just have some image-distorting goggles on.

I'm not your "enemy" or "on the other side".

I can't remember that I've discussed much with you or in the same threads, but still you seem to think you know what I am and what I've written.

The only thing that really concerns me is the ancient netcode behind this game. How they could not have rewritten the netcode when clients are stuck with the server FPS as their upper threshold simply blows my mind.

Apart from that i can live with pretty much everything. Arma has evolved more and more into a gaming platform which will evolve with mods/user made content. Nowadays it is just impossible to provide every group playing arma with the content they want. Just look at all the requests on this forum. Female civilians, detailed interiors, specific inventory items, weapons, better sounds, more of this, more of that... I see how people might be pissed about broken promises, but clearly it is impossible to satisfy everyone.

Core mechanics like netcode and the single-threadedness of core game processes on the other hand is something that damages every group playing this game.

I'm not sure you read the last highlighted sentence because I'm pretty sure that says "more on the way", unless I'm mistaken...

Sigh... Yeah, I read that sentence, but as you both also said yourselves, there is no telling what that means.

So my original assumption was: Nothing beyond jets (and of course the campaign) are confirmed. More cool stuff, only god and DnA know what that is.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

And you seem to be part of those each-other-bashings quite often. I wonder why.

I fail to see where I am 'bashing' someone. Yes, I speak my mind, and yes, I am usually not shying away from pointing out anything that I consider false. But bashing is something different. Show me one post where I was bashing someone.

For the future, to prevent us bashing each other again, for the X'th time, try to remove those "fanboy goggles" first. They make you see things that isn't there

Oh, I'm a fanboy ? Nice, so we resort to name calling then. And I see things that aren't there ? Like free content that is coming ?

Again, stop seeing every piece of criticism as a personal attack or insult to yourself, and you will have a better experience.

Oh, and welcome to my ignore list.

Yep, I take your points buddy. But you must admit from previous experience BIS have always added stuff to their releases and I see no reason why they wont do the same for A3. So I wouldn't call that foolish. And I am not talking about paid DLC either.

Have BI always been in the same situation they are now, behind on development as far as they are right now and as strapped for money as they are right now which they allude to in some statements like "This game almost didn't come to be" etc...? I'm not denying the fact that they support their titles. What I'm saying is, realistically how long or much can they support ArmA 3 without needing additional funding? Also how much can they get done when they are as far behind on development as they are right now? These are valid questions and concerns that don't lend well to the reality that BI can just infinitely support something without some sort of catch.

A lot depends on how successful the game is at launch, which doesn't look promising unless you are seriously vested into the franchise like most of the forum users on here are. No campaign, recycled content throughout the factions, poor performance and optimization issue's, poor multi-player performance like bad desync issue's and lag on stable sub 100 ping servers, countless bugs and issue's ranging from game play to stability.

This is why many question BI's gung ho attitude towards launching without a bit more polish and content. Because while some of you might not care, you might have a bias towards BI or towards the ArmA franchise and love what they do no matter what they do, the majority do not and will judge the game based on the game and not who developed it. What most people on these forums seem to focus on is that one or two of their pet peeves or issue's may have been addressed or promised to be addressed, but overall the quality and content is much lower than previous ArmA releases. As far as supporting ArmA after release, I have no doubt they will try to, but realistically how much can they get done before ArmA 4 needs to be made or ArmA 3 Operation Arrowhead 2? This is where the concern stems from and this is what many of us are most concerned about.

The only thing that really concerns me is the ancient netcode behind this game. How they could not have rewritten the netcode when clients are stuck with the server FPS as their upper threshold simply blows my mind.

Apart from that i can live with pretty much everything. Arma has evolved more and more into a gaming platform which will evolve with mods/user made content. Nowadays it is just impossible to provide every group playing arma with the content they want. Just look at all the requests on this forum. Female civilians, detailed interiors, specific inventory items, weapons, better sounds, more of this, more of that... I see how people might be pissed about broken promises, but clearly it is impossible to satisfy everyone.

Core mechanics like netcode and the single-threadedness of core game processes on the other hand is something that damages every group playing this game.

Loving nearly every minute of A3 so far but really have to agree on the core mechanics,netcode and such poor optimisation for a 2013 release.

I know BI don't have the financial resources for a new gaming engine but would have thought there would have been a better way to utilise their existing tech.

Really hope BI make good money from A3 as I believe they deserve it and really hope they can pump some of the profits back into development.

Apart from that as with every game since Flashpoint,having a fantastic time with some very good user missions begining to appear and with patches and fixes to come the future is bright(if only it wasn't blurry).

I just hope Altis won't become Men Only Island like Sahrani was. Some of my missions look incredible dumb with towns populated by men only.

I just hope Altis won't become Men Only Island like Sahrani was. Some of my missions look incredible dumb with towns populated by men only.

Are you referring to the lack of furniture? Because I have populated camp maxwell (which is on Stratis, a less demanding terrain) with furniture, vehicles and characters only to see my FPS drop below 30. I think its better for now to make missions with "Men only".

Are you referring to the lack of furniture? Because I have populated camp maxwell (which is on Stratis, a less demanding terrain) with furniture, vehicles and characters only to see my FPS drop below 30. I think its better for now to make missions with "Men only".

I think he means that A3 right now look like a gay parade ( only men ).

I think he means that A3 right now look like a gay parade ( only men ).

Ah yes that's true! But since we didn't even get different turrets and UV for each faction I'm not really surprised...

Oh, I'm a fanboy ? Nice, so we resort to name calling then. And I see things that aren't there ? Like free content that is coming ?

Again, stop seeing every piece of criticism as a personal attack or insult to yourself, and you will have a better experience.

Oh, and welcome to my ignore list.

Fanboy-goggles = A pair of goggles with a fanboy-image painted on them. That means you are seeing fanboys even when there is none.

And ... I'm seeing every piece of criticism as a personal attack or insult to myself?

What the hell are you doing then.

Oh, I'm a fanboy ? Nice, so we resort to name calling then.
....what?!

The Only Thing that insults me, is that You deliberately(?) twist my words. That is not "criticism".