Sign in to follow this  
youyoyo27

Linux VPS Arma 2 OA TLR/Wasteland

Hello, recently I have started a squad called "66Squad" we are currently on a tight buget and dont want to have to pay for a host (We think we could probably do better than most of the hosts with a decent VPS) so I just wanted to confirm some stuff with all you. The VPS host I plan on using is 2Host: http://www.2host.com/support/cart.php main reason I would like to use them is because I use them for all of my VPS needs. Now, we were planning on getting the A5 tier to start with for our Wasteland server. We want our Wasteland server to stably support atleast 50 70 on occasions without constant red chaining. Also if you would like to help manage/install the server then respond in this thread.

What doest the A5 Tier include?:

- XEN Virtualization!

- 2048MB RAM

- 160,000MB RAID STORAGE

- Unmetered Traffic

- 1,000Mbps (Gigabit) Uplink

- 1IP Address

- VPS Management Panel

- 24/7 Instant Setup!

- Self Managed

Forget about 70. Even decent dedicated servers struggle to do that without desync (especially Wasteland). You might do 50 but only if the cpu quality of your vps is good enough. You preferably need 2 cores with decent clock speed and pray that the xen host your vps is on isn't over worked.

Forget about 70. Even decent dedicated servers struggle to do that without desync (especially Wasteland). You might do 50 but only if the cpu quality of your vps is good enough. You preferably need 2 cores with decent clock speed and pray that the xen host your vps is on isn't over worked.

Was thinking of this new host, Although only worry would be bandwidth, is this enough?

Eco 3 Plan (4GB RAM + 2 vCPU + 80GB HDD)

Raid 10 Disk space: 80 GB

Guaranteed Dedicated RAM: 4 GB

Processor (vCPU): 2

Bandwidth: 1200 GB/mon

Price: $51.95/m --OR-- $479.95/yr ($39.99/m)

Was thinking of this new host, Although only worry would be bandwidth, is this enough?

Bandwidth: 1200 GB/mon

Should be plenty. I had the number #2 ranked Arma (Wasteland) server in Australia for 2-3 months there - so it was full 60/60 for large chunks of the day and never empty - and even that on ran up about 350-400GB outbound (maybe another 150-200GB inbound).