Sign in to follow this  
abs

Star Trek: Road to the Stars - Infantry Pack Beta v0.5

Thought I'd give you a little leeway; I know there are a fair few people (addon makers included) who aren't even on the dev branch, never mind taking the time to fire up Eliteness and try and make sense of all the new tweaks and parameters BIS change in the configs every day. But hey, I should have known you'd been on it ASAP... 'to boldly go' and all that. ;)

Sooooo, what are those config parameters? Just in case if I ever need to use them, I wouldn't want to have to go searching around for three hours like some schmuck... :cool: (j/k)

Heheh...thanks for keeping me in mind. Hopefully they don't take away this change. I think it looks a lot better with the modified muzzleflash colour. (My ego is trying to convince me that I'm the reason they made this public, as I can't think of why anyone else would want to change the colour...but my humilty is trying to keep it in check.)

Anyway, here's some example code (all values default):

class cfgWeapons {
  class Default;
   class PistolCore;
   class Pistol: PistolCore{};
   class STA3_Type2: Pistol
  {
       fireLightDuration = 0.05;
       fireLightIntensity = 0.2;
       fireLightDiffuse[] = {1, 0.85, 0.4};
       fireLightAmbient[] = {0, 0, 0};
   };
};

Config was found in the \<Install Directory>\Dta3\bin.pbo file.

Abs

Well I'll admit when I first used the phaser at night I immediately thought "I wish that damn yellow light effect would match the phaser effect!" so I can easily imagine a scenario where someone at BIS thought the same. :D

I suppose there are instances where BIS might find it useful to tweak the light for some weapons from the currently very yellow one though. Perhaps in order to better match particular textures used for their zasleh selections, or just to add some variety and sense of different muzzle energies to weapons (some of the more powerful, intense flashes might benefit from a lighter shade of yellow or even white light). Initially in the Alpha all weapons in the game used the same inherited firelightintensity and fireLightDuration from 'class Default' (and may still do - I've not checked recently), so I guess a review and improvement of the muzzle lighting effects on a per-weapon basis was bound to happen at some point.

I'm still praying that somehow they add a way to modify/override those initial cfgWeapons values based on the muzzle slot attachment fitted to the weapon. Light emissions from weapons with suppressors was always a pet hate of mine in Arma 2 when some addon-makers would overlook the ability to change the fireLightIntensity setting on the suppressed sub-classes of their weapons, so the current limitation in Arma 3's attachment system bugs me no end.

Tah for the config sample. I'm sure I'll make some use of it even if it's only a slight variation from the default BIS values in the end.

Hrm. I'm a smidgeon underwhelmed by the full-auto phasers. Would it be possible to add in two separate weapons, one each for stun and kill, and use a user action and removeWeapon/addWeapon to switch between them? (I also made a mention of this on the MODDB page as a guest.)

Phasers in Star Trek have never been depicted as being anything other than solid-state laser weapons, so the rapid pulsing looks incorrect. Since I'm sure the Arma 3 engine won't have support for solid-state lasers, the kill should maybe take after the Star Trek reboot semi-auto instead -- and simply cause more damage. (Naturally, scripted effects would have to apply to the stun setting eventually.)

The other possibility is using two muzzles on the same weapon and treating one as a GL.

The old first aid Module from ArmA II would solve the problem. hat way you would have a phaser on stage 3 (heavy stun) that "stuns" the target instead of killing it. Best way would still be to solve that by fire mode...stun (setting 2-3), standard Setting 4-6), full (setting 8-15 depending on type and duration of fire) as equivalat to single, 3 round burst and full. The solid beam is not a must because star trek showed all kinds of phaser effects over the time, from beam to pulse and light bolts and often more then one of them them from the same weapon. (ST:II type II phasers, ST:Voyager pulse Phaser rife)

Edited by Beagle

Borg and 7of9 models...

make it so.

Borg and 7of9 models...

make it so.

7 of 9?

You want someone to make you a model of some Uber Titties?

Heha!

7 of 9?

Heha!

Jeri Ryan never had unatural big breast as you can see here ... she just had to wear a corset all time performing the role of 7 of 9 for more "effect". Same old trick was used by Chase Masterson in DS9.

Sorry I've been quiet. I had a major project at work that was reaching its conclusion (Been working on it since April!) and now I finally have a bit more free time.

Hrm. I'm a smidgeon underwhelmed by the full-auto phasers. Would it be possible to add in two separate weapons, one each for stun and kill, and use a user action and removeWeapon/addWeapon to switch between them? (I also made a mention of this on the MODDB page as a guest.)

Phasers in Star Trek have never been depicted as being anything other than solid-state laser weapons, so the rapid pulsing looks incorrect. Since I'm sure the Arma 3 engine won't have support for solid-state lasers, the kill should maybe take after the Star Trek reboot semi-auto instead -- and simply cause more damage. (Naturally, scripted effects would have to apply to the stun setting eventually.)

The other possibility is using two muzzles on the same weapon and treating one as a GL.

ZwUGgo-mCsc

As you can see in the video, the 'full auto' phaser was actually configured with a kill setting. I'm not a scripter, so I don't really have much in the way of options. I made the sengle shots be the equivelant of stun so that you can injure someone without killing them. Kill is meant to be rapid fire so that you can kill people in a short amount of time.

Thanks for the positive and constructive feedback, though. I'm going to brainstorm about this for a while and see if there's anything that can be done. In the meantime, unfortunately we're stuck with the flashing phasers. :/

The old first aid Module from ArmA II would solve the problem. hat way you would have a phaser on stage 3 (heavy stun) that "stuns" the target instead of killing it. Best way would still be to solve that by fire mode...stun (setting 2-3), standard Setting 4-6), full (setting 8-15 depending on type and duration of fire) as equivalat to single, 3 round burst and full. The solid beam is not a must because star trek showed all kinds of phaser effects over the time, from beam to pulse and light bolts and often more then one of them them from the same weapon. (ST:II type II phasers, ST:Voyager pulse Phaser rife)

Good points. Now that people don't see the firing modes, maybe I can take the recommendations into account. Like I said, not a scripter so I don't know if I'd need to do anything with the first aid module to make it work, but for now this seems reasonable.

have you considered naming groups star fleet marines i would love to see star fleet marines in Arma 3

I've called the group "Away Team" for now. Maybe I can add another group just for you made completely of red-shirts and Type3 phasers called MACO. ;)

Borg and 7of9 models...

make it so.

7 of 9?

Heha!

Jeri Ryan never had unatural big breast as you can see here ... she just had to wear a corset all time performing the role of 7 of 9 for more "effect". Same old trick was used by Chase Masterson in DS9.

As for the rest of you:

Abs

hey if you could do a group of red shirts called maco that would be fantastic as long as it doesn't put you out to much i wouldn't want to be a pain

thanks this mod going to awesome also another guys doing planets for this mod so it just gets better and better from stan

I noticed a bug for the past couple of days...using this in an addon folder caused the game to crash. I moved the PBO into the default addons folder, and it worked just fine. Just thought I'd throw it out there, in case anyone else was having the same problem.

Abs

Could you add other series uniforms? Like DS9, TNG, or Voyager? That would be sweet.

Could you add other series uniforms? Like DS9, TNG, or Voyager? That would be sweet.

Hi Nillers,

The focus of this mod is just TOS era...I have quite a few things planned, and adding other series' would take up far too much of my time (as adding a uniform would be incomplete without adding the weapons, and then enemies, etc)...

To further see what the mod is up to, though, you can subscribe to our facebook page.

Abs

I just found this mod and oh damn, that's so awesome! I'm so excited, so excited, so excited! A Star Trek Mod! I will learn how to make custom faces ASAP, then i'll need to rip these hilarious TOS sound effects and music from the DVDs and voilà: a true Star Trek mission is born! The Enterprise accidently time-travels back to the 21st century (as always...), the warp drive fails and Scotty needs some ultra-secret-special-material-thing to repair it. Orbital scans show that only a secret NATO science-computer-tech-facility in the mediterranean has some of that fancy-space-stuff to repair the warp drive, circulate the sun at warp 7 and get back to the 23rd century.

Oh damn, you just made my day Abs! :)

P.S.: Please, add a tricorder!

I just found this mod and oh damn, that's so awesome! I'm so excited, so excited, so excited! A Star Trek Mod! I will learn how to make custom faces ASAP, then i'll need to rip these hilarious TOS sound effects and music from the DVDs and voilà: a true Star Trek mission is born! The Enterprise accidently time-travels back to the 21st century (as always...), the warp drive fails and Scotty needs some ultra-secret-special-material-thing to repair it. Orbital scans show that only a secret NATO science-computer-tech-facility in the mediterranean has some of that fancy-space-stuff to repair the warp drive, circulate the sun at warp 7 and get back to the 23rd century.

Oh damn, you just made my day Abs! :)

P.S.: Please, add a tricorder!

Hey man! I'm glad to see you so excited! Beleive me when I say that I'm just as excited. I've got some cool stuff planned, but am taking things one step at a time.

If you're looking for sounds, check out this page: http://www.trekcore.com/audio/

Let me know if you get a mission done using them; I'd love to play it!

Abs

PS: Yep...I'll be adding a tricorder as a map. Not sure if I can add other functionality to it yet, but it'll be in there.

Thank you, i will check out the link later. In any case, i'm really looking forward to your future work. I've been a Star Trek fan since i learned how to walk. I knew every member of the Enterprise crew by name in the age of five. Sadly, i forgot most of the stuff when i grew up but i recently discovered the complete DVD/BluRay package. Ah, childhood, what a great time... :)