Sign in to follow this  
abs

Star Trek: Road to the Stars - Infantry Pack Beta v0.5

ForumSig.png

Star Trek: Road to the Stars - Infantry Pack Beta v0.5 Released!

I won't keep you long! Basically, I've released a beta of the troops. For the rest of this post I will boss you around.

Read this Readme File!

Look at this picture!

rmIFGDu.jpg

Download this Addon!

Enjoy!

Abs

Mirrors:

Armaholic Mirrror

Armed-Assault.de Mirror

Edited by Abs

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** offtopic unrelated spam

weeeeee, page number 22000 reached on Armaholic (real ammount of pages = 17515)

hey this is great all you need now is phaser rifles and groups and it would be perfect way to go from Stan this is now my favorite mod

...groups...

Dammit, Jim...I knew I forgot something. I'll add a group for the next release called "Away Team". Great suggestion!

The phaser rifles will also be included in the next release. :)

Glad you're liking it!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks, Foxhound!

Abs

By looking at the armaholic release page i'm a little confused. Are there the different unit selections in the editor or do we have to code everything in someone init in order to get them all in the game?

I don´t kown if it's possible...add a "teletransport effect" just to move your soldiers over the map...i think i heard about a teletransportation mod in ARMA2 or something..í'm not sure about it...but i think it´s a effect for a mission, not for a addon. Just a ideia.

I'll try your mod later...thanks again...

Edited by MSILVA

By looking at the armaholic release page i'm a little confused. Are there the different unit selections in the editor or do we have to code everything in someone init in order to get them all in the game?

Hey mate,

There are three units (command, science, and operations) that can be placed through the editor. The commands listed in the readme just allow you to change their ranks (from LT.J.G. -> Captain) by entering them into the init field of a unit. Let me know if you need further help/have more questions.

I don´t kown if it's possible...add a "teletransport effect" just to move your soldiers over the map...i think i heard about a teletransportation mod in ARMA2 or something..í'm not sure about it...but i think it´s a effect for a mission, not for a addon. Just a ideia.

Hey man,

Like you said...I think that's more a mission maker thing. Anyway, it's something to keep in mind for later. :)

Abs

And of course here's another downloadlink!

:dj:

download.jpg

So teary-eyed that I'm even in the credits :O

Maybe bump the phaser damage a bit up. There are multiple occasions in TOS where they say that handphasers can stop thousands of lightly armed soldiers. Other than that, it's a very nice package and with the Virtual Ammobox we can sport our TOS uniforms and Phasers in all Missions :D

So teary-eyed that I'm even in the credits :O

Maybe bump the phaser damage a bit up. There are multiple occasions in TOS where they say that handphasers can stop thousands of lightly armed soldiers. Other than that, it's a very nice package and with the Virtual Ammobox we can sport our TOS uniforms and Phasers in all Missions :D

Thanks for the link! I really liked the description you wrote! :D Of course you're in the credits...supporters are a big part of the reason why I didn't quit this a long time ago. People think that positive comments don't matter, but they help a lot!

Good call on adding more damage. Initially I had it so that a Type 2 could blow up a tank, but I figured that would be slightly unfair. ;) If you have a recommended damage value, I'm more than willing to try it out.

I haven't really played with Arma3 that much yet, so I'll have to check out this Virtual Ammobox you're talking about...

Abs

ABS a small information in case there are more newbies like me....when i extract your mod file(using winrar), it´s create a two @STA3 directories, one inside the other, you must place over the ARMA3 folder the second directory(which comes inside, the second level), otherwise the editor not show your mod reference in.

Sorry about my english it´s very poor.

Just in case there are more fool people like me...:o

You're right about balancing the stuff. There are different settings for them in the series, so it's quite hard to set them right in game.

@VirtualAmmobox: It's just a script creating a dialog in which you can choose all gear that's in your config.

Okay, I may or may not have tried some different damage values. The first try was a little bit too much:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577870551335831143/146C1F140507E3BF0291927675BCA0E835683AF3/

Edited by Mr. Charles

This looks so awesome! I kinda want to see Movie Era uniforms, like the armored security officers... Yeah... I'm thinking about making a time travel mission with this mod. Good stuff.

good stuff here Abs. Happy to see you're still into star trek

Okay, I may or may not have tried some different damage values. The first try was a little bit too much

Hahah! Seems just right to me. ;)

I remembered this later. A difference between A2 and A3 is that A2 would tell you what mode you're in (Single, Burst, Auto), which allowed me to rename them to Single => Stun, Auto => Kill. In A3, you just see the narrow bars, so that ability is now lost. This is why the single shot is kinda weak. Still, I think you're right and they could be a bit stronger. Perhaps the people in A3 are a bit more resilient than the ones in A2.

@Abs

Great mod, I can't wait for the type 3 phaser rifle.

Thanks man. As of right now, I plan on releasing an update shortly after the full release of A3. I know that the full release of A3 will break these units, so that seems to be a good date to aim for. ;)

This looks so awesome! I kinda want to see Movie Era uniforms, like the armored security officers... Yeah... I'm thinking about making a time travel mission with this mod. Good stuff.

Thanks for the kind words, mate. Which movie era do you mean? Also, feel free to create a retexture as well. The more the merrier!

good stuff here Abs. Happy to see you're still into star trek

Thanks, PuFu!

Abs

Hi Abs!

Delighted to see you're still Boldly Going in Arma 3!!!

Inspired me already, so you have..... more about that.... later!

Meantime, I discovered while using one of your Trek units as a "terrain reviewing unit" in the editor that your chaps aren't packing a map by default... This renders the in-game map inaccessible (and caused considerable Dammit Jimming when I naturally assumed I'd busted a terrain config somehow... :D)

<hint>Time to go watch "The Gallileo Seven" episode.... ;)</hint>

B

Hi Abs!

Delighted to see you're still Boldly Going in Arma 3!!!

Inspired me already, so you have..... more about that.... later!

Meantime, I discovered while using one of your Trek units as a "terrain reviewing unit" in the editor that your chaps aren't packing a map by default... This renders the in-game map inaccessible (and caused considerable Dammit Jimming when I naturally assumed I'd busted a terrain config somehow... :D)

<hint>Time to go watch "The Gallileo Seven" episode.... ;)</hint>

B

Hey Bushlurker!

I'm delighted to see you posting here, and I'm glad to see I've inspired you! :D Can't wait to hear more. I don't want to assume anything, but if there's anything I can do/make for you, let me know!

Heh...sorry about that headbanging moments. My units don't have any items yet (tricorders, communicators, etc) but I plan on having them for the next release shortly after the release of Arma3.

Abs

Very cool! Now we need some sci-fi monsters to shoot... I mean talk to. :)

Saw this in the dev branch changelog and immediately thought of this addon:

• Added configurable muzzle flash light color

Hoping that eventually you'll be able to update addon and screenshot on the first page with one that has a nice blue-ish light emitted from the phaser muzzle instead of the yellow light we've been limited to up until now.

Great work on this btw mate. I should have congratulated you on the release much earlier.:icon_redface:

Very cool! Now we need some sci-fi monsters to shoot... I mean talk to. :)

Shoot...talk to...eh, what's the diff? ;)

Saw this in the dev branch changelog and immediately thought of this addon:

Hoping that eventually you'll be able to update addon and screenshot on the first page with one that has a nice blue-ish light emitted from the phaser muzzle instead of the yellow light we've been limited to up until now.

Great work on this btw mate. I should have congratulated you on the release much earlier.:icon_redface:

Eventually? I've spent the past three hours hunting down the relevant parts in the config to do it!

4wdU4HC.jpg

Naturally it requires some tweaking, because I chose really high values to spot the effect...needless to say, the next version of the addon will have unique muzzleflash colours!

Thanks for the heads up about it (and for the kind words), da12thMonkey! :)

Abs

Edited by Abs

This is DYNAMITE!! As a lifelong Trek fan, I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw your earlier posts teasing this. Well done!!

I'm actually using the Opfor Pilots as Klingons. :P Remove vests, helmets, NVgoggles, etc, and, voila, instant classic trek Klingons (sans the bad haircuts). Just need some disruptors now ;)

Brilliant stuff as ever Abs, arma3 lighting gives the mod some real character as well, many thanks!

This is DYNAMITE!! As a lifelong Trek fan, I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw your earlier posts teasing this. Well done!!

I'm actually using the Opfor Pilots as Klingons. :P Remove vests, helmets, NVgoggles, etc, and, voila, instant classic trek Klingons (sans the bad haircuts). Just need some disruptors now ;)

I'll have to try this out, mate. I imagine that the Persian character skins make for great Klingons. As for the disruptor...maybe something could be done about that. ;)

Brilliant stuff as ever Abs, arma3 lighting gives the mod some real character as well, many thanks!

Thanks for the kind words, man. Comments like this are the fuel that keeps me going.

Abs

Eventually? I've spent the past three hours hunting down the relevant parts in the config to do it!

Thought I'd give you a little leeway; I know there are a fair few people (addon makers included) who aren't even on the dev branch, never mind taking the time to fire up Eliteness and try and make sense of all the new tweaks and parameters BIS change in the configs every day. But hey, I should have known you'd been on it ASAP... 'to boldly go' and all that. ;)

Sooooo, what are those config parameters? Just in case if I ever need to use them, I wouldn't want to have to go searching around for three hours like some schmuck... :cool: (j/k)