Sign in to follow this  
Niklas

Why do vehicles magically turn upside down again if crash or fall off a cliff?

Why did BI even bother implementing physx and improving vehicle physics if if you crash your vehicle and it turns itself around again as if its wheels were magnetic to the ground? It looks really weird. If this is a bug i am sorry, but BI needs to fix it. If it is not I don't get why BI would make vehicles behave like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvsKQSxFY8

Edited by Niklas

arma 3 vehicles are like cats. they always land on the feet (weels) and jump in (fly when hitting) a tree.

Why did BI even bother implementing physx and improving vehicle physics if if you crash your vehicle and it turns itself around again as if its wheels were magnetic to the ground? It looks really weird. If this is a bug i am sorry, but BI needs to fix it. If it is not I don't get why BI would make vehicles behave like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvsKQSxFY8

Could it be possible that the vehicles have anti roll systems? The us recently made it mandatory for new vehicle to have anti roll.

Could it be possible that the vehicles have anti roll systems? The us recently made it mandatory for new vehicle to have anti roll.

No anti-roll system would actually turn you on your wheels again when you're landing on your roof

Could it be possible that the vehicles have anti roll systems?

No, more like anti-gravity systems. It's teh future, think outside the box!

In the past from OFP to ArmA It was whined about all the time that you could not turn rolled over vehicles onto the wheels/tracks again, there where even user made scripts for that issue...now you have it by default and you start to whien again...a funny people you are.

In the past from OFP to ArmA It was whined about all the time that you could not turn rolled over vehicles onto the wheels/tracks again, there where even user made scripts for that issue...now you have it by default and you start to whien again...a funny people you are.

Maybe it will be possible to fix vehicles that are upside down with the new engineering vehicle.

Because there wasn't any recovery vehicle. Vehicles shouldn't turn them self on wheels again but we also need the ability to get them running again ( a recovery vehicle ). Would be great for damaged ( non-flipped ) vehicles too

Right... So you are assuming that it's the same people that whine ? Funny people indeed, most of them can't even post without insults or puns.

I never whined about not being able to flip over a tank in any Arma/OFP game.. .maybe because, you know, they weigh some 60 tons ? And cars... hell, try to turn a 1 ton car...

The question remains true, though, why the heck add "realistic" driving via PhysX if the vehicle unrealistically turns itself over again ?

Taking into account the odd behaviours of Arma games such as rocks catapulting or flipping a vehicle.

Overall people are going to whine regardless, but reckless driving should not be encouraged by a safety net of just reflipping the vehicle. With the new PhysX we can finally get a feeling of how mass through the vehicle is important, of how top heavy vehicles can be dangerous to turn at X speeds, but with a simply upside flip that whole feature is destroyed because there is no danger.

To me it just looks like the vehicles are a lot heavier on the bottom than they are on top.

I"ve had vehicles stuck on their side many times.

And ones with turrets on top just wouldn't stay upside down anyway.

this is the future, so ofc they will have anti gravitational barriers around the vehicle to turn it back upside if it should flip over.. this is 25 years into the future, this is what they get.

a typical answer for 99% of the threads in this forum

Do you really think this is what people were asking for? The issue before was that there was now way to get a vehicle back on it's wheels, but now vehicles are handled by physx, so now it can actually be done using physics.. instead of this anti-physics. Really can't see why they added this strange behavior.

I drive... aggressively in arma, and I have only flipped a hunter on its back once accidentally and ive flipped it purposely (rotating the wheels to buckle under the weight). It needs changing for sure.