Sign in to follow this  
gen.nikolaj

A small summary

After several days of exploring Mars in your beautiful production i wanted to summarize all the ideas i came into, some already mentioned on the forums, maybe some new.

1. The deffault lander/rover builds really need fixing. For example the first version of small rover has the radiation tool mounted on the front, and the camera on the back, which, for players that don't care about building their own vehicles (not me, but i'm sure that there out many of them) will be really frustrating. The large lander has so many cameras, that you can't even use them because of the limit. Also, there should be a way to chek which camera will have which number during the mission, because now it can become hell of a mess.

2. Some parts, which is mostly seen when playing with small rover, block the use of other, the most notable example ist the ASPX and thermal battery (the radiation meter is always hard to use, but the thermal battery only makes it worse). Landers have an annoying habit of starting a take-off because their arms are lifting them, and vice-versa- there are times, when they cannot stay firmly on the ground, because their legs tend to bend, if not supported by the robotic arms. I think, that there should be a script that will permanently disable the engines after the landing.

3. The "flying-where-they-want" landers have been discused nearly everwhere and i hope that there will be some fix to that.

4. PART DESCRIPTIONS! I know that it's an early access, but they are really needed, and right now. Without them you need to figure out everything on your own, and we don't have any forum threat that would explain, for example, how does the thermal battery work, what are the differences beetween low and high quality parts, and so on, especially for player who like, like me, to build their own vehicles.

5. The lander missions are, in my opinion, way to passive, and it would be great to grant players the option to, for example, controll the landing process (then nobody would be able to complain about crashing their beloved Explorer into the ground because it would be his fault, and not an accident).

I really thank you for all the attention, i've waited for game like this all my life (i love space exploration stuff) and it's great! Cheers from your polish neighbour- we destroyed communism together, now let's enjoy Mars exploration together :D

PS: Sorry for any mistakes