Sign in to follow this  
omerc

Take on Moon

One step at a time and I understand Take on Mars has to be finished before starting on new projects, but Take on Moon simulating the Apollo missions would be a dream and I am sure a lot of people will agree.

The good visuals will definitely play a huge role in rendering the moon and the earth in the distance, but also the feel of zero gravity in the command module, EVA's and the landing itself, together with the moon buggy. I think this could be a brilliant game for both young and elder and a good way of teaching the history of the programme. There is a lot of information available about the missions and by adding future technology for future landings or moon missions (the mining potential of titanium or absorption of hydrogen H3), the game could provide many hours of game play.

One step at a time and I understand Take on Mars has to be finished before starting on new projects, but Take on Moon simulating the Apollo missions would be a dream and I am sure a lot of people will agree.

Agreed.

[quote name=Solidslider;2463623

The good visuals will definitely play a huge role in rendering the moon and the earth in the distance' date=' but also the feel of zero gravity in the command module, EVA's and the landing itself, together with the moon buggy. I think this could be a brilliant game for both young and elder and a good way of teaching the history of the programme. There is a lot of information available about the missions and by adding future technology for future landings or moon missions (the mining potential of titanium or absorption of hydrogen H3), the game could provide many hours of game play.[/quote]

Another future idea, Take on Europa, like in the movie 2010 when we are warned ...

ALL THESE WORLDS

ARE YOURS EXCEPT

EUROPA

ATTEMPT NO

LANDING THERE

... And Humanity being what it is would see that the way a bull see's a red rag and would land if they could anyway :) This would be purely science fiction of course but could be fun.

If BIS has an addon for our moon with ultra detail of all the hidden features/artifacts , I would buy TOM just to play the content in free roam mode! And yes, Europa and Phobos would be must buys!

I'm frustrated that we have higher resolution pictures of Mars than our own moon.

Great to see there is some interest. Someone might even consider doing such a mod.

Great to see there is some interest. Someone might even consider doing such a mod.

I've still got my fingers crossed someone will Take On the task. :)