Sign in to follow this  
Gnrl_Grad

Slowships Mod - slower carrier and barque speeds

This mod slows down the player and enemy carriers and also the barque speed is reduced.

I only just got this working after finally figuring out a way to slow manual drive so I'm not sure how it plays out over a full game yet and the speeds might need some more adjusting. Carrier battles are interesting though because the mantas and walruses acceleration is now much faster in relation to the now slower and less maneuverable carriers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1b8pzflsbrt4k0/slowships.zip

Special thanks to newtie for the database editor which I also used to edit speed values.

This mod slows down the player and enemy carriers and also the barque speed is reduced.

I only just got this working after finally figuring out a way to slow manual drive so I'm not sure how it plays out over a full game yet and the speeds might need some more adjusting. Carrier battles are interesting though because the mantas and walruses acceleration is now much faster in relation to the now slower and less maneuverable carriers.

Special thanks to newtie for the database editor which I also used to edit speed values.

What section/value was the manual speed? I changed top speed, accel and decel on mine along with a few other things like fuel warnings on 50% fuel, giving a point of no return. Also reduced price and build time on the scout drone, since it was cheaper to send in a manta.

Also did you see the section with the firing arcs in? Looked interesting, perhaps it might show up the bug of turrets not tracking/firing.

I couldn't find any settings or commands to affect the manual speed but there is command to disable and enable the carriers manual drive. I have it so this enabled only 1 out of every 3 updates or so, it's crude but it seems to work. Sounds good reducing the scout drone because I think it is under used. I haven't looked at firing arcs yet.

I found entries for controlling the rotation angles of the turrets, for example I managed to get the front cannon to turn up to 90 degrees with the downside that it becomes possible to hit your own carrier. The AI was also using the increased rotation angle, so it looks like the targetting angles must be defined somewhere in the scripts or exe.

so, will this make the autopilot of the carrier a bit smoother? (I find that the AI can turn my carrier a lot more quickly and unrealistically than what it will in manual control). I'm guessing however, when switching from manual control to AI, that the bug that makes the carrier 'jump' abruptly to a different heading will still happen?

Help me Gnrl_Grad, you are my only hope!

I downloaded it, typed in the command line properly(actually copypasted it from your description)but my bulky carrier still swoops around at a max speed of ~117

Or does your mod change something else and I misunderstood your description?

To give you a bit more intel: I already got the ModPack with NoFilmGrain and the GripMod2 to work and managed to copypaste the files from the DockViews Mod into the same ModPack folder and set the commandline -mod ModPack1

All this works fine, and I think your mod would also work fine if I could just paste your files into the same ModPack folder, but this doesn't work since deckviews mod and yours both edit something in the ccgame.c script file and so i can have only one of the two working, because it seems like my shortcut won't execute more than one -mod commandline at once

Edited by Crotaro

Hi Crotaro. Merging files is something a community member is already working on. Maybe it will allow people to correctly merge such complicated mods. Until then you need to avoid using mods which use the same file names.

The Modmixer I'm working on is currently able to merge mods even when they touch the same file, unless they touch the same lines, or they both touch the de/dbexport.bin file.

I'm currently working on making it being able to merge different dbexport.bin files. But it's not easy as I need to reverse engineer the database file format.

If you want, I can release the current version already so that you can try it with your set of mods.

This would be awesome if you released it so I(and propably everyone else)may try and see if it works then. Because it appears I don't have this issue only with the slowships mod but like Carrier Command is only able to run one extra command line, so my setup of -mod ModPack1 -mod nemesismod doesn't work either

This would be awesome if you released it so I(and propably everyone else)may try and see if it works then. Because it appears I don't have this issue only with the slowships mod but like Carrier Command is only able to run one extra command line, so my setup of -mod ModPack1 -mod nemesismod doesn't work either

Please, check the tool's thread for the first release version. Please follow the instructions, and report there if you find any problem.

I have had myself some trouble with NemesisMod, I hope it works for you.

Hmm...it seems to either have a problem with the non-Steam version or I'm too stupid to do it...I get some error message and when ignoring it it starts, but none of the mods are listed. Not when only the folders are in the CC directory, nor when the complete .rar is in the CC directory...

In general the error says that the directory name is invalid, although I already put all files in the command carrier main folder >,<

This is what the error says:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen

anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************

System.IO.IOException: Der Verzeichnisname ist ungültig.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()

bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler)

bei System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)

bei PackageHandler.PackageCollection.GetDefault(String gamePath)

bei CarrierCommandModMixer.MainForm.SetUp()

bei CarrierCommandModMixer.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************

mscorlib

Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000).

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.

----------------------------------------

CarrierCommandModMixer

Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Bohemia%20Interactive/Carrier%20Command%20Gaea%20Mission/CarrierCommandModMixer.exe.

System.Windows.Forms

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.

System.Drawing

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.

System

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.

System.Core

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

System.Configuration

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1015 (RTMGDR.030319-1000).

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.

PackageHandler

Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Bohemia%20Interactive/Carrier%20Command%20Gaea%20Mission/PackageHandler.DLL.

System.Xml

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1015 built by: RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

mscorlib.resources

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100).

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************

Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der

Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers

(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.

Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten

Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem

Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

If the exact error text helps you a bit and you may need the german text translated I'll happily do it, just want the mods to work :bounce3:

btw I took screenshots and wanted to add them but as far as I saw I can only insert URL pictures...is that true? Or is there a way without having to upload them first?

Nah, not needed.

Indeed, it's not finding the game folder... I have to find out what is the right way to get it from the non-steam version then... Let me try with some Registry keys and I'll upload another build.

Alrighty then :)

Thanks a lot for already uploading this and taking the efforts! You modder/programmer guys are awesomest!

Okay, try redownloading from the updated links and please tell me if it still fails...

To keep it compatible with everyone's file paths, can't you add a button that allows the user to define the path to their .exe and save the location in a config? I have seen a launcher for another game do that.

That would be probably the smartest thing to do... Species...

I will do that for the next version if people keep encountering this error.

well now the error doesn't appear anymore and it(as you said)causes problems(an immediate crash when combining and trying to annotate errors)when doing nemesis mod. So far for the good stuff

Bad news is that it now happens(when I press Start Game)to open Carrier Command and immediately close it again(took a look at the processes, said 81 running, before start, 85 for a milisecond and then again 81)

EDIT: It won't even start when running 0 mods and trying to start via command mixers Start Game

I will upload a new version later today.

Please, tell me which combination of mods you are trying to merge together.

Well I was just trying to merge the GripMod/NoFilmGrain already-combined package(ModPack) and the slowships mod plus the DeckViews mod. I would also want to try out nemesis mod but since you already seem to have somewhat bigger problems with that one I'll be perfectly happy if just my ships would slow down^^

Well I was just trying to merge the GripMod/NoFilmGrain already-combined package(ModPack) and the slowships mod plus the DeckViews mod. I would also want to try out nemesis mod but since you already seem to have somewhat bigger problems with that one I'll be perfectly happy if just my ships would slow down^^

I have uploaded a new version that asks for the game folder if it cannot find it by itself.

Until I figure out something, Nemesis has always been quite problematic to combine. Do not activate the checkbox to annotate the collisions in the code if you aren't planning to go and fix the code manually. If a mod is labeled as incompatible, your best bet is, unfortunately, to unselect it and try combining again.

Sorry to tell you the new version did nothing better so far. The game window opens and immediately closes again(after pressing the start game button), completely without error or warning signal or something.

Okay, keep in mind I have the retail version installed, not the steam one

I'm guessing however, when switching from manual control to AI, that the bug that makes the carrier 'jump' abruptly to a different heading will still happen?

I've uploaded a new version of this mod which should fix the annoying carrier rotation bug. Let me know if this works ok or not.