Sign in to follow this  
KnightTemplar

Beta Dev build or not

Apologises if this has been answered I have tried looking and searching.

Is it better to opt out of the Beta Dev Build or not, there is definitely more choice if you opt out the beta dev build, but the interface seems better in the Beta dev build.

Or is this just a personal choice?

I take it opting out of the dev build takes you back to the Alpha version?

Si

Dev build is a more advanced but potentially unstable version of the beta. We get content earlier (for example, the two tanks arrived a full week and a half or so on dev build earlier than stable).

Alpha has been discontinued.

Always DEV build until 12th September .... how can you give feedback if not on DEV?

You can still be on devbranch after release. You might get a nice surprise...

Always DEV build until 12th September .... how can you give feedback if not on DEV?

Some people just want to play...

As they say, if you want to contribute to development by giving reports get into dev. If you want to play with new toys before anybody else, opt to dev. If you just want to play and not be annoyed by new bugs or lack of servers, stay in stable brach.

It's a matter of personal choice, simple as. Pick one, if you don't like it, revert. You get more features in dev, some things may be broken though. Stable has where most of the servers and people are at.

Cheers guys to be honest I have had more problems in opting out if the beta dev but u think that is more to do with the servers and lag and glitching than the dev version.

Thanks for the replies

It shouldn't be, normally if you have issues on stable something is severely wrong and imho is worse than issues on dev (as stable is meant to be...stable).

What kind of problems have you been having?

It shouldn't be, normally if you have issues on stable something is severely wrong and imho is worse than issues on dev (as stable is meant to be...stable).

What kind of problems have you been having?

Thinking about it is could be the servers for example I got in a heli as a passenger and I was floating under the heli as it was flying across the map (it was bizarre) another one is I died in water and when I spawned at base camp I would start to run to the heli pad and I would fall to the floor and die again this happened numerous times, I have to disconnect and re-connect then it was okay.

Si

Thinking about it is could be the servers for example I got in a heli as a passenger and I was floating under the heli as it was flying across the map (it was bizarre) another one is I died in water and when I spawned at base camp I would start to run to the heli pad and I would fall to the floor and die again this happened numerous times, I have to disconnect and re-connect then it was okay.

Si

That's desynch'ing. That happens when your computer doesn't send and receive information from the server properly. Most of the times(but not always) it has to do with a high ping or a high load in the server.

Yes, you should try it in singleplayer as well to see if it reproduces (obviously if it's not MP specific). Then you can eliminate lag completely.

My ping is always good between 15 and40 it also happened today when I got in a heli I couldn't get had to abort an enter game again

Sorry but this is actually a misunderstanding of what the "Dev" branch is. BIS has stated before that it may include many regressions compared to the stable version, it is simply a build used for testing specific feature sets. It is NOT representative of the current state of the Beta by any means. Some extra features may be there, but many standard features may well be not. Sometimes features have been reverted back even to Arma 2 status.