Sign in to follow this  
taKs

"Arma 3 has stopped working"

Hi,

Arma 3 Beta randomly crashes with nothing but freezig, when i tab out it only says the message "arma 3 has stopped working"

This happens very randomly, somtimes after 2-3 mins and sometimes after 15-30 mins i'am ingame, any suggestions on that?

I am running a Intel I5 3770k, 670 GTX oced with 8 Gig ram and win7 prof.

happens in MP, didnt try SP though, im running no mods. i noticed it sometimes happens when vehicles get blown up...

Was it too. But is happened randomly. Today played without that crashes, some days ago crash after crash.

I've been having this for a while. Only in MP. Heck even my sound cuts out.

I've had this a couple of times too recently on the dev build, but it's possible it's due to summer heat and overclock.. It used to be rock steady though.

my game keep crashing everytime i try to log in a multiplayer server it all started when i updated it to the beta version so i need help with this

my game keep crashing everytime i try to log in a multiplayer server it all started when i updated it to the beta version so i need help with this

Yeah this happens to me also. Almost every time i want to log in to a battleye-server in MP the game crashes.

The game works fine when joining servers that are not running battleye.

I'm having this kind of crash too almost every time I play the game. It always sights the memory allocator dll as the faulting module. What I think is noteworthy is that the beta for arma 2 is also doing the same thing. They've done something to the memory allocators or something that is causing this in both games. I hope they get to the bottom of it soon.

Also have same problem, mine just crash in the pause menu in SP after sitting there for 5 minutes then locked up. 4th lock up of the day lol

game got released, still same problem. what can i do?

Same issue with me, its a very random crash - unpredictable. Most annoying thing is, creating your load out, traveling 10 minutes to location and the game crashes. 20 minutes of life wasted on this game.

Same issue with me, its a very random crash - unpredictable. Most annoying thing is, creating your load out, traveling 10 minutes to location and the game crashes. 20 minutes of life wasted on this game.

exactly what i am experiencing

Exactly same for me with an i3570K, 8 gigs of RAM, and a GTX470. It's completely random. Sometimes I can play for an hour straight in multiplayer, then the game will freeze. I alt tab or press ctrl alt delete and see the Arma 3 has stopped working

i noticed it only happens if something happens like a plane crashes, a car explodes or a dude gets shot and the ragdoll kicks in. so basically the crash (at least for me) is triggered by things that happen.

Big PVP maps like CTI are unplayable for me. since theres a lot of stuff happening some random thing will trigger the crash in 15 or 30 min. playing a coop mission with 2-3 ppl is playable though, but it also happens there (but less likely, since theres not a whole lot happening)

Annoying thing is, that theres no crash message, no error message or simiar that i could provide a support ticket with. Maybe a DEV could give at least some info down here that this problem is worked on or what kind of information they need.

Not the PhysX issue...

Just emptied the server we were playing on. Kicked 1/2 the players all at the same time.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma3.exe

Application Version: 1.2.110.654

Application Timestamp: 524cb3be

Fault Module Name: arma3.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.2.110.654

Fault Module Timestamp: 524cb3be

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00b43467

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

And again....

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma3.exe

Application Version: 1.2.110.654

Application Timestamp: 524cb3be

Fault Module Name: arma3.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.2.110.654

Fault Module Timestamp: 524cb3be

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00b43467

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Event log:

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 1.2.110.654, time stamp: 0x524cb3be

Faulting module name: arma3.exe, version: 1.2.110.654, time stamp: 0x524cb3be

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00b43467

Faulting process id: 0x1304

Faulting application start time: 0x01ced0c174f414b6

Faulting application path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Report Id: 014dbb11-3ce7-11e3-9eec-50e549bcaffb

i noticed it only happens if something happens like a plane crashes, a car explodes or a dude gets shot and the ragdoll kicks in. so basically the crash (at least for me) is triggered by things that happen.

Big PVP maps like CTI are unplayable for me. since theres a lot of stuff happening some random thing will trigger the crash in 15 or 30 min. playing a coop mission with 2-3 ppl is playable though, but it also happens there (but less likely, since theres not a whole lot happening)

Annoying thing is, that theres no crash message, no error message or simiar that i could provide a support ticket with. Maybe a DEV could give at least some info down here that this problem is worked on or what kind of information they need.

Similar for me. Always seems like something large happens that freezes my game.

I have same issue. I haven't crashed as much as this last week, combined. 2-3 times per day. Everytime the same thing. A hiccup, followed by screen freeze. No error messages, no nothing. Until Windows reports that "a program has crashed". So I just pound on spacebar til that window appears.

I only play multiplayer. Domination or Invade & Annex. So, I do get hiccups at other times as well, I'm guessing it is a script run on server (deleting corpses etc-script perhaps, not sure).

Those hiccups last for 1 second and my framerate enters single digits and then back to normal.

It does not matter how long I have been in game. The game can crash after 20-30 minutes or 2-3 hours in.

Has something changed on Stable release recently?

I have same issue. I haven't crashed as much as this last week, combined. 2-3 times per day. Everytime the same thing. A hiccup, followed by screen freeze. No error messages, no nothing. Until Windows reports that "a program has crashed". So I just pound on spacebar til that window appears.

I only play multiplayer. Domination or Invade & Annex. So, I do get hiccups at other times as well, I'm guessing it is a script run on server (deleting corpses etc-script perhaps, not sure).

Those hiccups last for 1 second and my framerate enters single digits and then back to normal.

It does not matter how long I have been in game. The game can crash after 20-30 minutes or 2-3 hours in.

Has something changed on Stable release recently?

No nothing has changed, game is still broken and riddled with crashes or Steam Ticket errors