Hello,

I recently bought carrier command gae mission but I can't use my joystick.

I am using windows 7 and the joystick is logitech extreme 3d pro.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks you.

Hi,

unfortunately we dont support joysticks. Only controllers Xbox compatible.

From what I can find online, that joystick has software that lets you set up a key mapping for each game. So, you would need to make a new profile for Carrier Command and set the keys in the Logitech software to whatever they are in the game.

Hi,

unfortunately we dont support joysticks. Only controllers Xbox compatible.

I have Xbox controller for windows, and still can't use on arma 3? How can i do to make compatible?

From what I can find online, that joystick has software that lets you set up a key mapping for each game. So, you would need to make a new profile for Carrier Command and set the keys in the Logitech software to whatever they are in the game.

These don't work that well. Instead of using your axis properly, they just count everything between 90 degrees and 0 degrees as W and D (or moving up right), to the exact up right. Where as in a game that default supports the proper axis of movement, you can move to 80 degrees and whatever your controlling will move in the proper direction, basically 10 degrees to the right while moving forward. These joy-to-key programs don't understand this though so they will translate 80 degree angle as 45 degrees.

I have Xbox controller for windows, and still can't use on arma 3? How can i do to make compatible?

Ask in the Arma 3 forum, not the Carrier command forum.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?112-ARMA-3

Hi.

I have managed to play some of those "XBOX360 controller only" games with my Logitech controller using a little tool.

Check https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/wiki/Whatisx360ceandhowuseIt

Its use is very simple. You just unpack the files to the game install folder. They are mainly .dll libraries and config files, no executables.

When the game loads (any game, really), due to the way Windows programs work, it detects those libraries localy and load them instead of loading the ones that come with Windows. The libraries are programmed to make a BEEP sound when they are loaded by the game, so you know when it is working if when you start the game you can hear a beep sound. What they do is basically rewiring the calls that go to the Xbox controller interface to the standard windows controller interface.

Other than that, you may need to do some manual configuration for your particular gamepad or joystick.

I have tried this with Monaco and the version that worked best for me was not the latest one. You might need to experiment a bit.

Edited by azrapse