Sign in to follow this  
J. Frost

Arma 3 Crashing while making a Multiplayer server

Hello my name is Jack Frost im a bit new to ArmA 3 and all that and yesterday i created a server no problem then this morning i woke up and tried to make another one by going to multiplayer then hitting new and after i selected the name, slot, port i left the same and i set it to internet. After that i pressed the OK button and it crashed my game with an error msg saying " File description.ext, line 6: '.': '{' encountered instead of '=' ". After i got that 3 times i deleted my steam local files then tried again still same msg. I can connect to servers perfect its just trying to create one with the built in creator if anyone has a fix please post your fix. If you know of a different way to make a server where i can disconnect from the server without the server shutting down like where you dont have to be ingame for the players to play on it add me on skype dev1ldog71.

Edited by J. Frost

Hello my name is Jack Frost im a bit new to ArmA 3 and all that and yesterday i created a server no problem then this morning i woke up and tried to make another one by going to multiplayer then hitting new and after i selected the name, slot, port i left the same and i set it to internet. After that i pressed the OK button and it crashed my game with an error msg saying " File description.ext, line 6: '.': '{' encountered instead of '=' ". After i got that 3 times i deleted my steam local files then tried again still same msg. I can connect to servers perfect its just trying to create one with the built in creator if anyone has a fix please post your fix. If you know of a different way to make a server where i can disconnect from the server without the server shutting down like where you dont have to be ingame for the players to play on it add me on skype dev1ldog71.

Hey Jack, did you ever resolve this? I've just started having the same issue.

I can join any multiplayer games, but if I create a new one, LAN or internet, it crashes my game completely.

The first few times I received an error message "script ca\modules\mp\data\scripts\mpframework.sqf not found", but now it just crashes out with no information :(

HELP!!!

Solved in another thread. Solution is to Unsubscribe to all steam workshop content. Then it will work. Not sure the technical reason why this works and i did not come up with the solution but it does work.

Solved in another thread. Solution is to Unsubscribe to all steam workshop content. Then it will work. Not sure the technical reason why this works and i did not come up with the solution but it does work.

Well, I wish I'd tried here BEFORE I uninstalled and reinstalled everything... TWICE.

Thanks man, works fine now.

Just had this issue after Steam went down.

Unsubscribed and now it works. Thanks for the fix!

OH MY SWEET JESUS!... Don't take this the wrong way but I could marry you !!!!

This has been plaguing me for 18 hours !.. I've come across this thread purely by chance and BOOM the answer that i couldn't find anywhere else !

Thanks so much!

This needs to be fixed. People depend upon this content to play the game, and when you're like me and your community uses a large number of addons it's a goddamn pain in the ass to ahve to redo all of that because BI didn't shore this feature up before release or even after. This is twice now I've had to put up with this hassle.

I have unsubscribed from Steam Workshop, and I still have the game freeze when attempting start a multiplayer game. I change the port and it doesn't crash but I do not have any slot selections, or description in the mission

BI really needs to fix this, and soon!