Amit

[Tutorial] Simple Re-texturing Guide (From Start To Finish)

Which boxes?

These marked ones in Texview2:

http://i.imgur.com/L3ZMaEy.png?1 (214 kB)

I thought that maybe an alpha layer is needed for some possible blank spots on the sides of the texture(the ones that look very dark), or is everything on the file necessary textures?

No, leave them at the default settings.

Thanks!

Hey, thanks at first for your great tutorial it cleared up the whole process very good and i was able to learn texture editing in arma in about 10 minuets which is great.

But finaly i cant get it work. ill list what i did and maybe someone can tell me what im doing wrong.

i extracted the suv suv_01_ext_co.paa from soft_f_gamma.pbo

i saved this to tga with imageview (i also tryed the photoshop plugin way it didn't made a difference)

saved the edited tga 24bit (or directly to paa in the plugin way). (i just did a small grayscale filter on the texture to see if it works at all)

i used textview (with no setteings changed at all) and saved it to suv.paa in my mission folder in the dokuments directory(no sub folder)

i placed a empty suv in the map and in the initialion box i wrote this setObjectTexture [0, "suv.paa"];

if i hit the test button, the suv is there but i always gets a random texture on it and never the one i created.

i hope anybody can help me with this cause i can't explain myself

I guess your texture is being overridden by the random texture script, try this in initialization instead.

handle = this spawn {sleep 0.1; _this setObjectTexture [0, "suv.paa"];};

See this post.

Thanks, Surpher. You've been a great help with this guide.

Hi guys! I'm pretty new to retexturing and i was wondering why i can't see the wounded texture on my re-texture...Any help?

Hi guys! I'm pretty new to retexturing and i was wondering why i can't see the wounded texture on my re-texture...Any help?

Did you use a custom material or only custom textures?

Check out the last posts on this page, you might find the solution to your problem there.

Is there actually a way to use setobjecttexture on headgear and weapons? because i can't find them in the editor to put them on the ground and put it in the init field, and writing it in the init field of the player would change the player texture i guess, not the acutal invetory stuff

Edited by b4nj0

Weapons, a definite no. The other stuff, I think that's a no as well, but don't quote me on it. From what I've read in other threads over the months, weapons, gear, and uniforms can only be defined as new weapons, gear, or uniforms. I wish they would add the functionality to weapons, attachments, gear, and uniforms. Then you could create you own missions to customize all that stuff to your desire the way you can customize vehicle skins now and that's all without requiring people to have addons of that stuff to join the server.

Edited by Amit

I can open a .png in my Texview2, but I'm stugling with Vests_rgr_co.paa, clothing1_co.paa and equip1_co.paa. Error loading file. Might be caused by file to large? >2MB

I simply want to open the standard texture from BIS and modify the flags on chests. Anyone got an idea of how to do this the simplest way, since I'm not very good at this.

thanks

I can open a .png in my Texview2, but I'm stugling with Vests_rgr_co.paa, clothing1_co.paa and equip1_co.paa. Error loading file. Might be caused by file to large? >2MB

I simply want to open the standard texture from BIS and modify the flags on chests. Anyone got an idea of how to do this the simplest way, since I'm not very good at this.

thanks

Are you sure you are using the latest TextView2? I have had a similar error when i had accidentally installed a older version of TextView2 recently. You can load some rather large paa files, the largest i have loaded was well over 20mb

Are you sure you are using the latest TextView2? I have had a similar error when i had accidentally installed a older version of TextView2 recently. You can load some rather large paa files, the largest i have loaded was well over 20mb

I think I've latest texview2. How can I determine which is the latest version?

Would anyone here be interested in making some custom vehicles for me? I am willing to pay money, add me on skype braxton.price1 if you are interested

Looking for around 10-15 vehicles done. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Would anyone here be interested in making some custom vehicles for me? I am willing to pay money, add me on skype braxton.price1 if you are interested

Looking for around 10-15 vehicles done. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

You know that monetization of any Arma 3 mods is illegal, right?

Config Textures Probs. ?

First of all, i want say thanks to the community, because with the really good tutorials and helping hands here, i have learned allot and started by zero and now i can realized what i want to do with textures.

Mayby later some model skills and it would be perfect .

I`m working on a mod for my community, and until now i get really much things done, but i have problems with M14EBR retextures, it wont show up with my textures ingame only with the standards.

There are two textures for one rifle.

So thats my config for it :

class srifle_M14VIK_F: srifle_EBR_F

{

displayName = "M14ModVK (Black)";

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\troy_Mod\Data\rifles\m14_Vik_ebr01_co.paa","tro y_Mod\Data\rifles\m14_Vik2_co.paa"};

picture = "\A3\weapons_F\LongRangeRifles\EBR\Data\UI\gear_EB R_X_CA.paa";

The other problem i have is with the SUV01, no prob to get the textures outside, but how i can include the inside view the seats and so on what hiddenselection is that ?

class Vikingr_SUV_01_VK: SUV_01_base_F

{

_generalMacro = "Vikingr_SUV_01_VK";

scope = 2;

side = 1;

faction = "Troy_Mod";

displayName="SUV VK";

crew = "B_Soldier_F";

hiddenSelections[]= {"Camo1","num_1","num_2","num_3","num_4"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[]= {"\Troy_Mod\data\vehicle\suvVikingr_02_ext_co.paa" ,"Troy_Mod\data\vehicle\suvVikingr_01_int_board_co .paa"};

typicalCargo[] = {"B_Soldier_F"};

Full Config: http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/75092264/file.html

I hope someone could help me to complete this.

Best regards Speedy

Last edited by Speedygonzales

I haven't looked at the full config as I don't have the time to sift through it yet, but I'll ask a couple questions anyway: are you creating these reskins as entirely new weapons in your config, or are you just referencing the stock ones to replace the texture under a new name like I showed in the tutorial for the Ghosthawk? As far as I know, it is still not possible to use hidden selections on weapons. You need to config them as entirely new weapons. I don't recall why this is case.

And I am sorry for not responding since October. My subscription to this thread seems to not be sending me e-mails anymore.

Just wondering - is it possible to edit vehicle interiors without a mod? The setobjecttexture command doesn't appear to cover it.

I believe someone tried to do that early last year, but was unsuccessful. The model was still present, but the texture showed up as transparent.

I followed the tutorial to the last word, I can't seem to get the images to load up in the Arma 3 Editor of my "offroad" i customized, I did everything as stated, I named the vehicle hostiletakeover.paa

I punched in the code

this setObjectTexture [0,"hostiletakeover.paa"]
as needed and saved and click PREVIEW (On my civilian offroad) but the skins don't show up... What would cause this?

The .paa file is located in my missions folder as instructed also.

I've redone this with 2 vehicles, an offroad and an SUV, and I've redone this tutorial AT LEAST 8 times now. :/

(I'm only editting the EXTERIOR of the SUV and OFFROAD vehicles, not the interior.)

EDIT: ALSO, These vehicle paa files are working perfectly on my friends server, But I'm unable to get them working for testing on my end so that I can modify things and fix them before they go on the server.

EDIT 2: I found this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23474 and did the code etc, and it worked perfectly, i don't understand what I'm doing wrong... I even edited the hummingbird and it worked perfectly.

Edited by BTNGaming

The offroad vehicle has a script that randomizes the exterior textures, your code is being override by that script. So you need to delay the execution of your code, like this.

handle = this spawn {sleep 0.1; _this setObjectTexture [0, "hostiletakeover.paa"];};

The offroad vehicle has a script that randomizes the exterior textures, your code is being override by that script. So you need to delay the execution of your code, like this.

handle = this spawn {sleep 0.1; _this setObjectTexture [0, "hostiletakeover.paa"];};

Thank you for that. Another question...

My offroad changed colors like i wanted, but the rims/tires didn't change at all and I painted them PINK to test.

Any idea why? It works on the SUV/Hatchback/Hatchback Sport, just not the offroad. :|

Most likely the rims and tires are covered by a different hiddenSelection, try this.

handle = this spawn {sleep 0.1; _this setObjectTexture [0, "hostiletakeover.paa"]; _this setObjectTexture [1, "hostiletakeover.paa"];};

sorry im new to making re-textures, iv done some for vehicles but not to make addons just to piss about and im getting and error for binpbo im sure its simple for you guys but i cant figure it out.

My Digi Camo Uniform config.cpp

enum {
    //  = 2,    // Error parsing: Empty enum name
   DESTRUCTENGINE = 2,
   DESTRUCTDEFAULT = 6,
   DESTRUCTWRECK = 7,
   DESTRUCTTREE = 3,
   DESTRUCTTENT = 4,
   STABILIZEDINAXISX = 1,
   STABILIZEDINAXESXYZ = 4,
   STABILIZEDINAXISY = 2,
   STABILIZEDINAXESBOTH = 3,
   DESTRUCTNO = 0,
   STABILIZEDINAXESNONE = 0,
   DESTRUCTMAN = 5,
   DESTRUCTBUILDING = 1,
};

class CfgPatches {
   class {Digi} {
       units[] = {};
       weapons[] = {};
       requiredVersion = 0.1;
       requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F_OPFOR"};
   };
};

class CfgVehicles {

class B_Soldier_base_F;

class Example_Soldier_F : B_Soldier_base_F {
       _generalMacro = "B_Soldier_F"; //unsure what this does
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Digi Test";
       nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody"; //class for "naked" body
       uniformClass = "Digi_Officer"; //e.g. "Example_Soldier_F"
       hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {""};
   };

};

class cfgWeapons {
   class Uniform_Base;
   class UniformItem;

class {use uniform a class name from above} : Uniform_Base {
       scope = 2;
       displayName = "Digi_Uni_Test";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_ca.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";

class ItemInfo : UniformItem {
           uniformModel = "-";
           uniformClass = "Example_Soldier_F"; //would be same as our made soldier class
           containerClass = "Supply20"; //how much it can carry
           mass = 80; //how much it weights
       };
   };
}; 

the error

HhtQtSs.png

Edited by diehardx95