I'm just trying this out for the first time, and I'm drawing a complete blank. It must be something completely obvious I know, but I've tried a whole heap of different variations, and they all come up blank. I am trying to create just the one task - I am trying both the init.sqf; and also calling it in as a script from a trigger. Neither is getting me anywhere. No Briefing notes, zilch. Here's the call from my init:

[[
["Task1","Find a Map","Well that didnt go quite as planned. The first thing you are going to need is to know where you are, and if possible re-establish contact with other US forces",[color="#FF0000"]RESISTANCE[/color],["markerTask1", getMarkerPos "mapintelmarker"],"CREATED"]
],[
["Note1","Task Note 1",[color="#FF0000"]RESISTANCE[/color]]
]] call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "shk_taskmaster.sqf";

I was pretty sure that was all OK?

As I was thinking that this brief and the notes I wrote might be readable before spawning into the mission, I was going to change the 'RESISTANCE' to 'false'.

I haven't got as far as finding out whether that would be correct yet.

Then call the pre-charged Task, written in the init.sqf as above, via a script in a trigger thus:

sleep 10;
[[
["Task1","Find a Map","Well that didnt go quite as planned. The first thing you are going to need is to know where you are, and if possible re-establish contact with other US forces.",RESISTANCE,["markerTask1", getMarkerPos "mapintelmarker"],"CREATED"]
],[
["Note1","Task Note 1",RESISTANCE]
]] call "shk_taskmaster_add";

Neither method is working, can anyone spot what is going wrong?

As I said, I get absolutely nothing when I load the mission up!!!

---------- Post added at 02:45 ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 ----------

*update ~ bad news. I tried running the exact-same init.sqf through a test area on vanilla units - NATO 'RESISTANCE'.

Although I was still running the mods I was running for the Mission the Task is designed for, the script ran fine and the Task and brief appeared :butbut:

I guess this means that the script will not work as-is on @units?

I read earlier that it was cool to adjust the faction list but 1/ I don't know how to do that - and 2/ I'm not sure Shoku is OK with it?

Pointers?

:~ the @Units = Iron Front in ARMA 3

Faction List = 'Allies' [RESISTANCE/Independent/GUER] / 'USSR' [OPFOR] / 'Germany' [bLUEFOR]

[[
["Task1","Find a Map","Well that didnt go quite as planned. The first thing you are going to need is to know where you are, and if possible re-establish contact with other US forces",[color="#FF0000"]RESISTANCE[/color],["markerTask1", getMarkerPos "mapintelmarker"],"CREATED"]
],[
["Note1","Task Note 1",[color="#FF0000"]RESISTANCE[/color]]
]] call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "shk_taskmaster.sqf";

I was pretty sure that was all OK?

I tested the code above and it works.

As I was thinking that this brief and the notes I wrote might be readable before spawning into the mission, I was going to change the 'RESISTANCE' to 'false'.

I haven't got as far as finding out whether that would be correct yet.

Then call the pre-charged Task, written in the init.sqf as above, via a script in a trigger thus:

Taskmaster and tasks in general do not work that way. You do not pre-create anything ever, instead you create task at the moment you need it. If you do not want to have task(s) in the briefing/before the mission actually starts. Then simply add the sleep before the code above. You might want to add a hint or something as well to tell the player(s) that theres a new task.

I've got it Shuko, thank you.

Minor tweaks:

0.44 Added: An array can now be used as a condition.

0.43 Added: Using "assigned" task state will automatically set that task as current task. Use "created" to avoid that.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I use this:-

["Task1","Failed"] call SHK_Taskmaster_upd;

The marker created when the task is given does not get deleted. Any Ideas?

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I use this:-

["Task1","Failed"] call SHK_Taskmaster_upd;

The marker created when the task is given does not get deleted. Any Ideas?

How are you creating the task and marker? Does this happen in editor, single player, hosted server or dedicated server?

Hey Shuko, 

I'm trying to call BIS_fnc_deleteTask on a completed task added with your framework, but its not removing the task. Is it compatible with the default task framework function is there anything you think id need to do?

Ie:

_doneDelete = ["mob_arty",west] call BIS_fnc_deleteTask;

Cheers!

DangerousDiz [3CB]

Hey Shuko, 

I'm trying to call BIS_fnc_deleteTask on a completed task added with your framework, but its not removing the task. Is it compatible with the default task framework function is there anything you think id need to do?

Ie:

_doneDelete = ["mob_arty",west] call BIS_fnc_deleteTask;

Cheers!

DangerousDiz [3CB]

They are not compatible with each other. It seems like BIS uses "BIS_fnc_taskVar_" tag in front of it's task names/variables. In a shot in the dark, you could give it a go by creating Taskmaster tasks with the name "BIS_fnc_taskVar_Task1" and then try BIS_delete task "Task1". I haven't tried it, and I'll give it 0.1% probability to work. ;)

• Like 1

They are not compatible with each other. It seems like BIS uses "BIS_fnc_taskVar_" tag in front of it's task names/variables. In a shot in the dark, you could give it a go by creating Taskmaster tasks with the name "BIS_fnc_taskVar_Task1" and then try BIS_delete task "Task1". I haven't tried it, and I'll give it 0.1% probability to work. ;)

Other than that, taskmaster can't remove tasks? Cheers Shuko. I'll let the mission designer know. I was debugging it for him as the bis framework was intermittently missing task creation. Suggested Taskmaster as an alternative, I'll work on fixing the bis instead.

Other than that, taskmaster can't remove tasks? Cheers Shuko. I'll let the mission designer know. I was debugging it for him as the bis framework was intermittently missing task creation. Suggested Taskmaster as an alternative, I'll work on fixing the bis instead.

You're the first person in over five years to ask for task delete. ;)

I never even bothered with it, since all the missions I do/did were simple missions without respawn etc., so marking a task as cancelled was good enough. :)

• Like 1

I'm trying to use the Destination parameter to show on a determined empty marker named mk1 but it's not showing up, even so the task is created on the board and the task get completed.

Hi there,

did anyone manage to make this work with ALiVE persistent mission or even try it?  Just wanna know if this could be done at all before I put hours of code copying and typing into something that then turns out to be incompatible per se with ALiVE - so I ask if it can be possible in general?

Thanks for any advice,

tourist

It seems when you have assigned task and set another task to "assigned" with script you end up with 2 tasks in assigned state. Should be propper to "unnasing all tasks" first and then assing next one with script? Thank you

Blast from the past.

Reuploaded https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XXrSZbu7nCaW2UkOVsaVbKmX0ZmfFUtg?usp=sharing

Feel free to use anyway you like, or dont. 🙂

• Thanks 1