Like Shuko stated above try this in your trigger

[["task_40","succeeded"],"SHK_Taskmaster_upd",false] spawn BIS_fnc_mp;

it is strange as the trigger is on the server and calls the script on the server, yet it cannot update itself in a dedicated environment

Edited by KevsnoTrev
spawn no Call! doh!

Man, that did the trick, though I don't know why all the others are working then. I may have to go back through and update every Taskmaster_upd call to use the spawn BIS_fnc_mp. Thanks!

Edited by Meatball

Shuko,

First off, thank you very much for developing Taskmaster. I'm just starting out with the ARMA 3 editor and this system is really helping me out!

I noticed I couldn't get the objective marker text to come up when I defined it in my initialization. My code: ["Task1","Destroy Radar","Destroy the air-search radar. This will allow the usage of airborne support assets during operations in this AO int he future.",WEST,["markerTask1",[4358,3893,235],"selector_selectedMission","ColorRed","Destroy Radar","Icon", 2]

The way I fixed the issue on my end was to modify line 287 in shk_taskmaster.sqf.

This line previously read "_color = _tmp;". Since this section of code was for adding the text to the marker, I assumed this was a simple copy/paste error. The line now reads "_txt = _tmp;" and the text now appears next to my markers.

I apologize if this is old news. As far I can tell, v0.39 is the latest version, and I couldn't find any explanation online regarding the missing text.

Thanks again for all your work on this! :D

Edited by Fat_Lurch
minor clarification update

Uploaded version with Fat_Lurch's fix for the marker text.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Example mission where?

I'm getting really tired of trying to get this working on a dedicated server

And can you confirm that this works on a dedicated server? That's the important part.

Yes...been using it on a dedicated server for a few months without a problem.

Well I followed the syntax to a tee and on a dedicated server no one saw any tasks.

Well I followed the syntax to a tee and on a dedicated server no one saw any tasks.

But maybe you didn't, since there are alot of people here who have been using this script on a dedicated server since june of 2010.

Is there anything special you have to do to get it working on a dedicated server. I used it in Arma2 years ago, but seem to be having JIP/Respawn issues on a dedicated server.

Cheers

GC

Is there anything special you have to do to get it working on a dedicated server. I used it in Arma2 years ago, but seem to be having JIP/Respawn issues on a dedicated server.

Cheers

GC

Depends on how you set it up. Most of my tasks are initialized in the init.sqf, so they have no problem. For task updates/etc using triggers and such in mission I used the BIS_fnc_mp. An example is below:

nul = [["task_0","Find Target","We have to find the target, look for him at location X!"],"SHK_Taskmaster_add",false] spawn BIS_fnc_mp;

Has thew new patch affected anything?

No tasks or notes are given during entering map (no errors given) and using triggers like the post above gives me "function "shk_taskmaster_add" does not exist". If I try ["Task1","Task1Title","Task1Desc"] call SHK_Taskmaster_add; nothing happens either.

I've tried chaning around the execVM/call compile (...) in my init.sqf but to no avail.

Same error in editor and when loading map in MP (haven't tried dedicated, no access to one yet :/)

No idea, I haven't opened the game in months. :/

Has thew new patch affected anything?

No tasks or notes are given during entering map (no errors given) and using triggers like the post above gives me "function "shk_taskmaster_add" does not exist". If I try ["Task1","Task1Title","Task1Desc"] call SHK_Taskmaster_add; nothing happens either.

I've tried chaning around the execVM/call compile (...) in my init.sqf but to no avail.

Same error in editor and when loading map in MP (haven't tried dedicated, no access to one yet :/)

I have noticed the same thing when creating a (or many) task in the init before the call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers

If I create them later in a trigger or a different script then the task come up on the screen as per normal.

PS. bamse: we all have a dedicated, just run this program on your own machine then join a lan game, great for testing

Hmm, roger. I create all my tasks with triggers in-game, nothing in the init. Ah well. I'll continue trying and see what happens :)

thanks for the tips on the dedicated server. didn't think of that! :D

maybe add a time >5 to the first trigger condition so it waits until the mission has started.

my bad. I was leavning some details out. My first timer is set to active a minute after player joins (well, blufor detected around spawn area).

Thanks for tips&tricks tho!

Depends on how you set it up. Most of my tasks are initialized in the init.sqf, so they have no problem. For task updates/etc using triggers and such in mission I used the BIS_fnc_mp. An example is below:

nul = [["task_0","Find Target","We have to find the target, look for him at location X!"],"SHK_Taskmaster_add",false] spawn BIS_fnc_mp;

Thanks mate, will give it a try for the task updates.

I still add the tasks through the init file. I use the team respawn btw, incase that makes a difference on a dedicated server.

I get the tasks as expected in the briefing but the task1 doubled up (both had green tick after the task set to complete) after respawn and no task2. My mate (other team leader) didn't have any after respawn.

But the notes are always visible and not doubled up.

I used taskmaster in arma 2 OA on a dedicated server with the same respawn settings and didn't have an issue. I have checked my old missions and they don't to anything that I don't do in the Arma3 mission.

Is there anything on a respawn event handler I should be looking at.

Cheers

GC

Is there a way to set the task as current from _add or _upd? Or do you have to call _setCurrentLocal? On a related note, does ArmA allow more than one current task?

I know you read this constantly but GREAT WORK!!!

Edited by IconoclastDX

How do I create a destination for a task that is created through the calling line for another task?

You mean like this?

["Task00","Succeeded",["Task01","Find the dude","Find the dude before they do!",WEST,["t1Marker",getmarkerpos "mkrTask01","","","","",1],"assigned", "mkrTask01"]] call SHK_Taskmaster_upd;

This creates a new task (Task01) and destination (mkrTask01) in line with setting the previous task (Task00) to "succeeded".

Anyone know if it's possible to force the briefing for all players to open up on a specific diary entry or task? Be nice if the briefing could open to a created Situation or Mission diary note by default.